forum

Is this map rankable?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LikaaGod
This is my third map. I am not sure if its rankable...Please help. Also, I am really bad at hitsounding they're never accurate to the sound of the song. I am planning on making GD's if it is rankable, So how do you copy hitsounds I see people do it but, I'm not quite sure tbh.

This is the map:
beatmapsets/1499981#osu/3073880
KumiDaiko
your map isn't rankable, there're unsnapped objects, no hitsounds and an incomplete spread

quality wise your map ain't bad but of course needs mods to be suitable for ranking

pro tip: no one can rank their third maps. Map More™
Topic Starter
LikaaGod

QuizizzMaster12 wrote:

your map isn't rankable, there're unsnapped objects, no hitsounds and an incomplete spread

quality wise your map ain't bad but of course needs mods to be suitable for ranking

What do you mean unsnapped objects? What is that? plus where is that and what is an "Incomplete spread"?
Also, I said I don't know how to do hitsounds well, like at all. So, I was asking for help. I don't want to work on hitsounds if the map isn't rankable. But, after I get some kind of confirmation that it could be rankable.
KumiDaiko

LikaaGod wrote:

QuizizzMaster12 wrote:

What do you mean unsnapped objects? What is that? plus where is that and what is an "Incomplete spread"?
Also, I said I don't know how to do hitsounds well, like at all. So, I was asking for help. I don't want to work on hitsounds if the map isn't rankable. But, after I get some kind of confirmation that it could be rankable.
im sorry i misunderstood. imma be clearer now

read this if you want to:

cool mapping stuff
1) unsnapped objects are objects which aren't perfectly placed on top of a beat. you can check how many unsnapped objects you have using aimod (ctrl+shift+a). you currently have about 40 which is a ton. ranked maps don't have any of those

2) your map has only 1 diff which is unrankable but i forgot that you wanted to ask for gd's and the map's still wip. what i was talking about was the incomplete difficulty spread

3) you dont need to put ur name next to your own diff that's for gds

if your map aint rankable doesnt mean you shouldnt hitsound it. if you wanna learn how to hitsound just ask me

also imma leave a link to a hitsound copier i use: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9x8f49ai8c69q5y/Hitsounds_Copier_2.1.1.exe/file
ClevelandsMyBro

QuizizzMaster12 wrote:

incomplete spread
single diff mapsets are totally rankable. multiple diffs mapsets should abide the spread rules tho. spread rules alters with your map's drain time. so pretty much if your map has more than one diff then you should abide to the rule. read if you havent: wiki/en/Ranking_Criteria#beatmap

QuizizzMaster12 wrote:

sadly, well in this case, fortunately this is not the case. while yes most people cant rank their third map, this is not the case for everyone. if bn's think the map has no issues and is good enough then they will surely rank it. it doesnt matter if its the mappers first map or 100th map.
lewski

ClevelandsMyBro wrote:

this is not the case for everyone
it may not be completely true, but I'd say "you can't rank your third map" is fairly good advice; some people do manage to rank their third map, but no one's third map has ever been good. the vast majority of the time, trying to push your early maps just leaves you with frustration and a bunch of wasted time and effort. even if you succeed, you could have made an entire map or two and improved as a mapper in the time you spent fiddling with the map. it's way more trouble than it's worth so discouraging people from wasting their time by trying is good
7ambda
Quality mapping is an arduous task, sorry to hit you with the truth
Topic Starter
LikaaGod

lewski wrote:

ClevelandsMyBro wrote:

this is not the case for everyone
it may not be completely true, but I'd say "you can't rank your third map" is fairly good advice; some people do manage to rank their third map, but no one's third map has ever been good. the vast majority of the time, trying to push your early maps just leaves you with frustration and a bunch of wasted time and effort. even if you succeed, you could have made an entire map or two and improved as a mapper in the time you spent fiddling with the map. it's way more trouble than it's worth so discouraging people from wasting their time by trying is good
can you check the map out. To tell me what you think? It would mean a lot
lewski
its the kind of map that just makes me think you can still improve pretty quickly just by trying to make stuff you'd like to play; i feel like you'll get more out of just mapping than reading an essay
Topic Starter
LikaaGod

lewski wrote:

its the kind of map that just makes me think you can still improve pretty quickly just by trying to make stuff you'd like to play; i feel like you'll get more out of just mapping than reading an essay
I don't really get what that even means. LMAO, Can you give me a more detailed statement or judgement because I'm lost...
Uniform

LikaaGod wrote:

lewski wrote:

I don't really get what that even means. LMAO, Can you give me a more detailed statement or judgement because I'm lost...
relevant mapping experience will help you way more than 1000 words detailing everything that you did wrong.
Topic Starter
LikaaGod

Uniform wrote:

LikaaGod wrote:

lewski wrote:

relevant mapping experience will help you way more than 1000 words detailing everything that you did wrong.
what do you mean "Relevant Mapping"? I don't think my map is that bad. I don't mind if someone with ranked map says "Your rhythm is awful" Then moving on.
THAT_otaku

LikaaGod wrote:

what do you mean "Relevant Mapping"?
Q: How do you gain mapping experience (rather than a 1000 word essay)
A: Map more iefvhdoivdvevdbsiovbovreeinv

Just try and learn how to make better maps while mapping. push yourself to make better quality maps. I suppose non relevant mapping experience would be making the same crap over and over while not improving

Also, theres a large difference between what the average non-mapper considers a "good map" and what is up to ranking standards