forum

Does taking an mp3 from an official clip still needs (Cut Ver.) in the title?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
wrn81056398
Hi so I took a mp3 from an official clip on youtube (yes i know its bad to do that) because it was shorter but I am not sure if I should add the (Cut ver.) tag in the title or not
Thanks!!
THAT_otaku
From wiki/en/Ranking_Criteria#metadata , if it features in an anime or similar, TV Size is used, if it's an unofficial cut, meaning a cut version of the song not made by the artist/company/band/whatever, Cut Ver is used instead.
Might help us figure out which one is the case if you could link the song or something :)
Topic Starter
wrn81056398

THAT_otaku wrote:

From wiki/en/Ranking_Criteria#metadata , if it features in an anime or similar, TV Size is used, if it's an unofficial cut, meaning a cut version of the song not made by the artist/company/band/whatever, Cut Ver is used instead.
Might help us figure out which one is the case if you could link the song or something :)
Here's where I took the song
THAT_otaku
Little confused then, that's a whole song. Apart from the silent ending, if you're only using a smol part of it the you should indeed be using (Cut Ver.)
Topic Starter
wrn81056398

THAT_otaku wrote:

Little confused then, that's a whole song. Apart from the silent ending, if you're only using a smol part of it the you should indeed be using (Cut Ver.)
I'm not gonna use a part of the clip ver but the thing is that the original/full ver is 4 min and some friend told me the video clip version counts as unofficial cut and now I am confused
THAT_otaku
Oh okay I understand lol, hopefully someone else knows but I'm pretty sure the longer version would just have (Long Ver.) in it's name and this one would have no suffix. Since this ver is the "Official Video"
Topic Starter
wrn81056398

THAT_otaku wrote:

Oh okay I understand lol, hopefully someone else knows but I'm pretty the longer version would just have (Long Ver.) in it's name and this one would have no suffix. Since this ver is the "Official Video"
Okay thanks