forum

How do you make your maps cleaner, like ranked ones?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KumiDaiko
among us
THAT_otaku
After having a quick look through a couple of your maps, here's a few things I noticed that could be improved upon:

You struggle to show any contrast in difficulty/rhythm density/flow etc from the quiet/chill parts of the song to the intense parts (most of the time). This makes the experience rather strange in some cases (mainly your highest diffs) playing hard jumps the entire map even when the song dies down in intensity in some parts.

Hitsounds could be improved upon, and sometimes are nonexistent

Rhythm choices could be spiced up a bit as most of the time you just follow 1/2 rhythm with some 1/4 for triples and such, although that's partly because of the songs you're mapping (anime songs tend to fit this rhythm style, so eh)

There's probably some other obvious stuff but thats just to point out a few

-------

Seems like you might have started modding? (From the kudosu you got on your profile) That's a step in the right direction :) Modding forces you to take a close analytical viewing of the map to figure out what's wrong with it. Modding will teach you a lot about mapping, flaws with maps, etc trust me.

Hopefully this is somewhat helpful, good luck with your mapping :)
Topic Starter
KumiDaiko
Wow your tips are so cool and now i can finally rank some maps!! Woo hoo
bassoons
Make specific motifs in any part of the music into specific patterns that you repeat or slightly vary when they come up again
Sies
Nice!!!!!! Glad to hear that.

Congratulations~