forum

Dj Steve Porter - Rap Chop

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, July 04, 2009 at 12:58:05 AM

Artist: Dj Steve Porter
Title: Rap Chop
Source: YouTube
BPM: 128
Filesize: 12807kb
Play Time: 03:12
Difficulties Available:
  1. Fufe's Nuts (4.86 stars, 454 notes)
  2. Gens' Boring Tuna (2.6 stars, 180 notes)
  3. vytalibus' Slap (4.51 stars, 292 notes)
  4. Watch This (4.99 stars, 586 notes)
Download: Dj Steve Porter - Rap Chop
Download: Dj Steve Porter - Rap Chop (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
You're gonna love my map. Mod this.
fufe
Agka
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gens
I say wtf

[Overall]
- I might do an Easy.
- You'll get a background later, right?

[Fufe's Nuts] You gotta love my nuts.
- Try to lower down abit the beat volume.

General opinion: Yes, there are some spacing irregularities, but they seem purely intentional. Also, you get the hang of it after awhile, so there shouldn't be a problem. (Also, it's pretty fun)

[Watch this]
- The map's good for Normal sampleset. I can barely hear the hitsounds with soft!

Meh, I don't like it. There are no good patterns (just a few), wise hitsound use and... Well, I don't like small hitcircles, but that's just me.
Some patterns are really... confusing. Like at 00:11:72 (7,8,9) - Why not simply fill the area with 1/4 divided beats? Or at 00:33:28 (1,2,3,1) - I think these jumps are fine (rankable), but I don't like them.
This map should be mostly in 1/4 methinks... 1/6 usage is no good.
But oh well, that's just my opinion~

Starred~
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

Gens wrote:

I say wtf
I say .

Gens wrote:

[Watch this]
- The map's good for Normal sampleset. I can barely hear the hitsounds with soft!
I disagree, at least for my skin. I'll try playing with the default skin.

Gens wrote:

Meh, I don't like it. There are no good patterns (just a few), wise hitsound use and... Well, I don't like small hitcircles, but that's just me.
=[

// ]

Gens wrote:

Some patterns are really... confusing. Like at 00:11:72 (7,8,9) - Why not simply fill the area with 1/4 divided beats?
Fixed.

Gens wrote:

Or at 00:33:28 (1,2,3,1) - I think these jumps are fine (rankable), but I don't like them.
Insane-ish.

Gens wrote:

This map should be mostly in 1/4 methinks... 1/6 usage is no good.
I'll consider rewriting the 1/6 parts.
fufe

Gens wrote:

I say wtf

[Overall]
- I might do an Easy.
- You'll get a background later, right?

[Fufe's Nuts] You gotta love my nuts.
- Try to lower down abit the beat volume.

General opinion: Yes, there are some spacing irregularities, but they seem purely intentional. Also, you get the hang of it after awhile, so there shouldn't be a problem. (Also, it's pretty fun)
Vytalibus was talking about making an easy, not sure whats going on with that.

lowered volume a bit.
Download: Dj Steve Porter - Rap Chop (strager) [Fufe's Nuts].osu

-Ill do a mod while im at it i guess.

00:23:91 (1) - nudge forward 1/4
00:44:64 (8) - backward 1/4
00:48:98 (4) - this is 1/4 late imo.. but i guess it works like this. . . maybe
01:13:702- This mini break does not have a 'watch this' attached. (it looks like your doing storyboard way anyways so i guess ill wait till your done with that)
01:22:09 (1,2,3) - this is kinda pointless.
01:38:30 (3,4) - forward 1/4
01:39:24 (1) - remove this hit if u want lyrical accuracy.
01:48:49 (7) [and every combo after this for this section] Why is this not new combo? Same goes for 'the skins at the bottom' is there a reason for such strange comboing?
02:22:00 (10,11,12,13) - does not fit imo.
02:29:26 (5) - ^
02:31:84 (1,2,3) - consider moving so that it doesnt overlap fading notes, theres plenty of room elsewhere. Looks messy to me as is.

Overall. I don't like maps that use too many 1/4 streams. They are ok for some sections but it gets old if its 80% of the map. I would use A LOT more sliders. I also had issues with the mapping style. It is unclear where the breaks in hits are going to appear. [00:11:37 (5,6) - maps (slap)'pin your' but 00:13:486 (x) ignores 'your'] i couldnt play-test much past this so ill stop here.
vytalibus
Add the background on my difficulty, please.

Rename the difficulty to whatever you want.

Download: Dj Steve Porter - Rap Chop (strager) [vytalibus' Slap].osu
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

fufe wrote:

01:39:24 (1) - remove this hit if u want lyrical accuracy.
Listen closely. It is lyrically accurate.

fufe wrote:

Overall. I don't like maps that use too many 1/4 streams. They are ok for some sections but it gets old if its 80% of the map. I would use A LOT more sliders.
Mm, okay. I did kind of find it stale myself after a while, and I guess that's what is causing it.

fufe wrote:

I also had issues with the mapping style. It is unclear where the breaks in hits are going to appear. [00:11:37 (5,6) - maps (slap)'pin your' but 00:13:486 (x) ignores 'your']
Listen closely to both those points you mentioned. Either I'm listening and mapping wrong or you're listening wrong. =X

Added vyt's map.
fufe

fufe wrote:

I also had issues with the mapping style. It is unclear where the breaks in hits are going to appear. [00:11:37 (5,6) - maps (slap)'pin your' but 00:13:486 (x) ignores 'your']
Listen closely to both those points you mentioned. Either I'm listening and mapping wrong or you're listening wrong. =X

in that case, you overmapped. 00:13:36 (4,5) - move backward 1/4
also while im here, 00:23:67 (1) - move forward to map "one" instead of the 'slap' imo. I think its missleading to jump off of lyics so suddenly

consider this a part of my original mod, no kd
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

fufe wrote:

strager wrote:

fufe wrote:

in that case, you overmapped. 00:13:36 (4,5) - move backward 1/4
Okay, sorry, I'm really stupid. xD

fufe wrote:

also while im here, 00:23:67 (1) - move forward to map "one" instead of the 'slap' imo. I think its missleading to jump off of lyics so suddenly
After much self-debate, I've decided to do this. Would be cheesy with three notes (slap, "one", "slap") so I guess just the lyrics is fine.
Gens

strager wrote:

Gens' should be coming up sometime.
Oh, ok, so now it's official. o.o
Don't worry, it's 40% or so-so~

Also, just passin' by, shouldn't DJ be always capitalized?

EDIT: K, it's done~
[attachment=0:2227c]Dj Steve Porter - Rap Chop (strager) [Gens' Boring Tuna].osu[/attachment:2227c]

Also; please add the BG on my difficulty, it's not there. I'm too lazy to redownload~
fufe
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gens

fufe wrote:

00:52:51 (1,2) - Unexpected jump. That is all byebye
That was strager's fault I swear D:
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

Gens wrote:

fufe wrote:

00:52:51 (1,2) - Unexpected jump. That is all byebye
That was strager's fault I swear D:
What? I'll redownload the .osu...

Okay apparently a repeat snuck in there. I dunno how; I don't recall opening and messing with that difficulty. Reuploaded.
Ryuukun
[Gens' Boring Tuna]
No problems found

[vytalibus' Slap]
00:29:77 (1) - end spinner here 00:30:94()
01:58:13 (1) - one lvl 3 grid to the right?
02:00:01 (1) - one lvl 3 grid to the left?

[Fufe's Nuts]
No problems found

[Watch This]
why has it 128,040 bpm and not just 128?
00:12:08 (8) - one lvl 3 grid down
00:12:19 (9) - one lvl 3 grid down and one to the right
00:12:19 (9,10,11,12) - now just take all of them and put them 1 lvl 3 grid to the left
00:29:77 (7,8,9) - this is just unreasonable.
00:30:35() - useless break
00:57:30 (8) - thats a bad trap, i'd move it somewhere more left
01:13:38() - useless break
01:15:14() - ^.
01:17:11() - ^.
01:18:85() - ^. (well i think they're intentional since u used those arrows alot, but why don't u just use them on these parts too instead of mini breaks?)
01:38:27() - useless break
01:39:70 (5,6) - move them 1 lvl 3 grid to the right.
01:45:45 (1,2) - one lvl 3 grid to the left and one up

nice map.

+nut uhh... star
vytalibus
Gens
[Overall]
- About the Kiai Time: Use it the same way on all difficulties? (As I did, I mean) If the mappers don't like it, you can delete the Kiai in my map...

[Gens' Boring Tuna]
Oh snap, I can't mod my own Difficulty <3

[vytalibus' Slap]
00:45:01 (1,1) - Change to soft sampleset?
01:30:01 (1) - Undo new combo? I'm just saying this because it says "Two", and... Yeah.

[Fufe's Nuts]
00:21:57 (7,8,9) - This part gets a little confusing at the first play... It wouldn't hurt to move the (8,9) beats a little further apart.
00:45:01 (1,2,3,4) - Change to soft sampleset?
03:04:22 (1,1,1,1) - ^

[Watch this]
Offset's not the same as the other difficulties :[ It's fine though.
00:08:44 (5) - 1/4 longer.
02:44:07 (5) - ^

Yeah, I think the difficulty is more enjoyable now.

~ ~ ~

I'd star this again, but I have no kudos :<
I always waste them in my maps.
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

Gens wrote:

Offset's not the same as the other difficulties :[ It's fine though.
I think that's because everyone else used fufe's timings.
Need an external opinion on the timings.

On the kiai, I don't think it's appropriate personally. I wanna see what vyt and fufe think though.
fufe
[Fufe's Nuts]
00:21:57 (7,8,9) - This part gets a little confusing at the first play... It wouldn't hurt to move the (8,9) beats a little further apart.
SLAP hits grid dead center every time, or every time i could. I made 7 into a slider away from it to better reflect the spacing.
00:45:01 (1,2,3,4) - Change to soft sampleset?
done
03:04:22 (1,1,1,1) - ^
kill the whistles? meh i dun care. strager can change if you guys wish i left it.

Kia- i liked my dynamic nuts cause it gets a little kinky in there but i dont mind either kiaiai way.

Download: Dj Steve Porter - Rap Chop (strager) [Fufe's Nuts].osu
vytalibus
show more