forum

[invalid] Country + Nationality Rank

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +150
Topic Starter
-libili
Hello everybody and peps,

There was a discussion about the Nearby Country here https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/124920 and here https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/124964
This is not what i mean! Looks probably similar, but its about Nationality, no neighbour.

As next i want to tell you about me and my nationality (this is useful to know exactly what i mean)

So, i'm Robert T. and im from Romania, borned in Germany, living in Germany, but my parents were from Romania (both)
I can speak romanian as well, I'm playing for Germany.

Let me take Romania (#49) for example. They dont have many players so that could be helpful

EDIT: That also would help people complaining about their country, but as peppy said, they should more stay on their living country.
Example Forseen with latvian flag and Forseen with german flag

EDITED: 1.
Using the Forum to add your nationality flag
https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/45505 (This is just an example! Don't go and post stuff like that at there!)
You can prove on peppy's way:

peppy wrote:

KaMiKaZe wrote:

I was from Japan and now study in America.
Prove it with a short japanese paragraph please.

In special cases you should prove your nationality, by that way, within sending that privatly to a supporter:

2. I would like to see the nationality country ranking + living country ranking in one. Every rank goes to both countries.

Should look then for example with a flag or words like RO , DE displayed near the names.

EDIT3:
SPOILER
For me it looks like: (living country left/nationality right)
#1 Forseen DE/LV
#2 Shadowsoul DE
#3 Tony RO
#4 Abel FR/RO
#5 -libili DE/RO
#6 Akhlis RO
#7 -- Jan -- DE
#8 Cinchen DE
#9 CUTLoveRx RO
#10 piiiku RO

For romanians should look like:

#1 Tony RO
#2 Abel FR/RO
#3 -libili DE/RO
#4 Akhlis RO
#5 CUTLoveRx RO
#6 piiiku RO

For germans should look like:
#1 Forseen DE/LV
#2 Shadowsoul DE
#3 -libili DE/RO
#4 -- Jan -- DE
#5 Cinchen DE

and so on
This should help to fill up the Country Rankings for countries that hasn't many players.

3. [Web] Displaying two flags or something like that.

Thank you~
boat
The "proving your nationality" thing is just right out no. Both many ways to fake this, and it's insanely far fetched.

I would not mind having the option to compare myself to a country of choice, but unfortunately I doubt that would happen.
Topic Starter
-libili

boat wrote:

The "proving your nationality" thing is just right out no. Both many ways to fake this, and it's insanely far fetched.

I would not mind having the option to compare myself to a country of choice, but unfortunately I doubt that would happen.
Well , it not have always to be proved, maybe in special cases like japan, korea, and china or so?
Raging Bull
I'm Chinese, but born on Guam and currently living in Japan. We'll see how that works out. \:D/
Topic Starter
-libili

Raging Bull wrote:

I'm Chinese, but born on Guam and currently living in Japan. We'll see how that works out. \:D/
you have a chinese passport?
XPJ38
I already find the right side of the panels way too much cluttered, so adding a new element would just make this even more cluttered, which I would really dislike.

Btw you painted your face in black on the photo, but have you noticed that it is replicated on the right side of your passport?
Topic Starter
-libili

XPJ38 wrote:

Btw you painted your face in black on the photo, but have you noticed that it is replicated on the right side of your passport?
Yes ^.^ I've noticed that, but I dont care.
Mirailine
this would be nice,even if it would be tricky for some players
support
Mizz Demon
It would be difficult for some players, yes. But it is a very nice idea. Full support here. ^_^
Tony
support! great idea :D :D
Winshley
I'm Chinese, born in Indonesia, and constantly moving back and forth between Indonesia and Singapore. I even used to have Singapore flag. :P

I went to prove myself that I'm Indonesian by sending scanned copy of my passport to peppy directly via e-mail (I guess peppy already know who I am now :P). I prefer representing myself in a country I was born and my current nationality.
Stefan
Honestly, no. As first, about the Request of having your country in a Beatmap Ranking there was already a thread for it (no Idea where it went. lol)

About the main idea: I find it bad to be honest. As first it will take a lot of effort to set that. Second I believe that peppy won't allows to set it by yourself which leads to the first problem. And as last I don't see a real advantage of this feature. The country is already enough. If you want to know about the Nationality just ask the person itself. Sometimes you even can read that out from their User Page and/or signature or their activity in the Forum. :P

Also there is always the possibility that someone has a multiple nationality (So I am born in Austria, living there but my father comes from Serbia and my mother from Bosnia <- which is a important fact since this affects to your nationality) and this pretty sucks imo to implement.
Topic Starter
-libili

Stefan wrote:

About the main idea: I find it bad to be honest. As first it will take a lot of effort to set that. Second I believe that peppy won't allows to set it by yourself which leads to the first problem. And as last I don't see a real advantage of this feature. The country is already enough. If you want to know about the Nationality just ask the person itself. Sometimes you even can read that out from their User Page and/or signature or their activity in the Forum. :P
Do you ever thought about OWC? They cant get up because they dont have many active players. Making it available that a guy from another country, which is the same nationality of the others country could take part in. So they have a chance too.

Stefan wrote:

Also there is always the possibility that someone has a multiple nationality (So I am born in Austria, living there but my father comes from Serbia and my mother from Bosnia <- which is a important fact since this affects to your nationality) and this pretty sucks imo to implement.
Do you have 3 passports? In that case i would say you are free to choose between one. You dont have to, but you can. Thats the idea.
I think we should reduce that with the passport (how i said, just in special case), should be enough if you can speak that language :3
Roberta10
Support.
Zaphkiel_old_1
I second -libili's idea. I know a couple of players that study abroad dislike being shown as [insert demonym here].
Akhlis_old
Please take my stars and and and [insert demon stuff here] :>
Great idea :>

Off: I see a sexy Akhlis there :3
Dumnezeu
I support the idea :)
-libili for Romania :X
Yousoro
I like this idea
You have my support
she_old
I don't know how this would work out, I orginate from Aruba, Indonesia, Great Britain and The Netherlands but I have only lived in The Netherlands. On top of that I could fake "proof" that I have those nationalities and for being part British I don't know how to proof it rather than shouting bollocks and bugger all the time.

-libili wrote:

You edited out the face to the left but I still see it to the right.
boat
This request is pretty much "country + whatever country you'd like rank", and I quite frankly don't see it happening.
Topic Starter
-libili

she wrote:

I don't know how this would work out, I orginate from Aruba, Indonesia, Great Britain and The Netherlands but I have only lived in The Netherlands. On top of that I could fake "proof" that I have those nationalities and for being part British I don't know how to proof it rather than shouting bollocks and bugger all the time.
Prove it with your passport. If you can't prove it, then you shouldn't be able to have another nationality.
It goes to what nationality YOU have not your family.
Abel
Nice this its a better version of my old post : t/128326 (only filter D: )
also thanks for write my name there :D
she_old

-libili wrote:

she wrote:

Prove it with your passport. If you can't prove it, then you shouldn't be able to have another nationality.
It goes to what nationality YOU have not your family.
Who says I might not be a pro at editing images at photoshop? and I happen to have friends with korean, japanese, chinese, and american passports and I photoshop all of them?
I might even be some evil fake passport dealer
Topic Starter
-libili

she wrote:

Who says I might not be a pro at editing images at photoshop? and I happen to have friends with korean, japanese, chinese, and american passports and I photoshop all of them?
I might even be some evil fake passport dealer
Hmm, faking will result in a perm ban ;)
boat
lol and how would you know if it's fake? There is no way to make this work.

The only viable option I can see is simply to be able to compare with a country of your choice, but the ranking filters are already limited due to bandwidth issues and I don't at all see it happening any time soon.
Hayden_old
is this to eliminate me by any chance?
_noone_
<>
ReVeNg3r
Hey, this is just a game.If you are not satisfied , with your country or ranking or w/e ,you can simply ask for changing your flag,i guess.
That's all. No need any nationality stuff.

And if you need more players for OWC ,thenmaybe invite your friends.Nothing complicated.
Bariton
supp ~

two stars ~
Stefan
If necessary, accounts@ppy.sh should be contacted with all necessary informations and proofs you have to confirm your current place. This idea has way too many flaws as it can be added properly.