forum

Multiplayer Spectate

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2,855
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
I'm not sure if this was posted already or not. I couldn't find it on search.

Anyways it basically works like this:

When on multiplayer lobby, you check the current games that are being played. You right click the tab, and an option will appear saying: Spectate game.

You will then spectate the entire game, not just one single player. But every player and their respective scores.

This can be really nice for tournament purposes.

Edit: When you go to the spectate screen for example when on "head to head", only the cursor of the player that is currently in first place will appear. It WILL change if someone else takes the first place so...

You will have the option to click on a players score tab and the cursor will change to that player's instead.
If you do so, if someone else takes the first place, the cursor won't change to that player. You will have to click that players tab if you wish to see him.

This way we don't see the 8 cursors going all over the place.

For tag it works the same.

Works only for osu! standart.
KawaiiLily
Haha! That would be sweet.
I often just sit and wait in the MP lobby while others are playing. This way i can sit and WATCH! :D

+1 Support.
anonymous_old
I would prefer something like this:

Click one of the user avatar boxes (right click?) to bring up the standard user menu, which includes the spectate option.
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli

strager wrote:

Click one of the user avatar boxes (right click?) to bring up the standard user menu, which includes the spectate option.

no, that takes away the "multiplayer spectate" that i want.

And about the right click... normal click works the same hehe. I keep saying right click just because im used to.
Kitty McWittles
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old

Sir Minelli wrote:

strager wrote:

That's the part I don't like. =]

I guess it'd be just annoying to see eight cursors going around at once. Spinners would be crazy, as well as sliders, and there'd be eight hits at slightly different times... Ew.
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli

strager wrote:

Sir Minelli wrote:

strager wrote:

That's the part I don't like. =]

I guess it'd be just annoying to see eight cursors going around at once. Spinners would be crazy, as well as sliders, and there'd be eight hits at slightly different times... Ew.
Fixed that problem. You have a point. Recheck main post.
anonymous_old

Sir Minelli wrote:

strager wrote:

Fixed that problem. You have a point. Recheck main post.
With the amendments, I agree with this idea. Spectating tag-team games would be interesting.

One thing I disagree with is the 'auto-go-to-first-place-player' thing. I'm more for the 'click-the-user-in-the-scoreboard' thing.
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli

strager wrote:

One thing I disagree with is the 'auto-go-to-first-place-player' thing. I'm more for the 'click-the-user-in-the-scoreboard' thing.
Well... if you start spectating an already started match, you need to start spectating someone... that will be the player currently in the first place. That's what i meant.
Gabi
i dont think it is possible to spectate 1 game and then just instantly switch to another player inside the game due to latency differences. alltho it would be a cool idea and i would support this ^^

for instance, pings might differ 5 seconds sometimes, so if you would be switching between 2 people constantly it would mess up and repeat notes.
qlum
i dont think it is possible to spectate 1 game and then just instantly switch to another player inside the game due to latency differences. alltho it would be a cool idea and i would support this ^^

for instance, pings might differ 5 seconds sometimes, so if you would be switching between 2 people constantly it would mess up and repeat notes.
5000 ms is extremely high and even if there is that much delay it's better than waiting for a game to end so support+1
anonymous_old

qlum wrote:

5000 ms is extremely high and even if there is that much delay it's better than waiting for a game to end so support+1
Indeed.

If you're getting lag and you don't like it, just don't switch. Spectate one person.
Gabi

strager wrote:

qlum wrote:

Indeed.

If you're getting lag and you don't like it, just don't switch. Spectate one person.
i didn't say i was against this, i was saying I DOUBT ITS POSSIBLE to do something like this because the internet latency is very high. also @strager, why would we need to add something like this if we only want to spectate one person? we can do that by pressing f9 and clicking spectate on that person. oh btw have you ever noticed how it buffers sometimes? i belive switching between players would cause it to buffer and make it useless anyway. "only the cursor of the player that is currently in first place will appear. It WILL change if someone else takes the first place so..."

since the internet latency is so high, the number 1 spot might change like every 2 seconds, and we would have to buffer constantly.

anyways i suggested something like this in another topic, and peppy said "Not possible until LAN play is implemented. Internet latency is far too high."

again with the latency, its very high. however those might be 2 completley different things.
anonymous_old

Gabi wrote:

i didn't say i was against this, i was saying I DOUBT ITS POSSIBLE to do something like this because the internet latency is very high.
I understand. I was just saying if you did experience lag and didn't like it, don't do the thing which initiates it!

Gabi wrote:

also @strager, why would we need to add something like this if we only want to spectate one person? we can do that by pressing f9 and clicking spectate on that person. oh btw have you ever noticed how it buffers sometimes? i belive switching between players would cause it to buffer and make it useless anyway. "only the cursor of the player that is currently in first place will appear. It WILL change if someone else takes the first place so..."
I was under the impression that you can choose who you want to spectate by clicking the name of the player on the left, where the score table is. Following first isn't such a good idea IMO. (See my posts above.)
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli

strager wrote:

I was under the impression that you can choose who you want to spectate by clicking the name of the player on the left, where the score table is. Following first isn't such a good idea IMO. (See my posts above.)
Edited.
Torran
Allow me to bump this. Also, Support~!

*bump*
DJNightmare
I SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Because i always DC then very impatient lol Seeing people play is already good XD
Jeffro
+Support, awesome for tournaments and stuff :D would love to know how its going on in some rooms :)
Matykocska
+1, I also thought that this would be nice.
[Strike]
support!
show more