forum

Multiplayer Spectate

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2,850
show more
AdRon Zh3Ro
Seems good.
Nekoroll
Support!

For when you don't have people to spectate since there are always games going on in Multiplayer and you just want to watch. I think it would be great for everybody and don't see anything wrong with a feature like this since it essentially makes the game more involved.
Lunah_old
Support, a nice idea
Kaona
+Support

I've always wanted this :D
Grabby_old
+1

Would love to spectate multiplayer matches like that...
Especially if you're doing something else like eating and can't play :)
Powerdrone
SUPPORT
Miu Matsuoka
definitely SUPPORT~
Turnyp
I was actually thinking of suggesting a "split screen" effect for Multiplayer, but I realized the flaws, mostly related to ping issues.
theowest
bump because

Being able to spectate multiple users in tournaments or just multiplayer rooms. Whatever works the best.
This could also bring up the multiplayer chat #multiplayer, or possibly a separate one.

So here's what I had in mind. You spectate anyone in a multiplayer game and you'll be able to spectate as if you were in the multiplayer game. Team vs with country vs country would be viewable and you'd be able to see which team is winning.

For the coming OWC and pretty much every other tournament. It'd bring more order and quality compared to live stream based tournaments.

What do you think?
jabberwockey
I want this so badly hhhh
ShiizuoXx
Definitely support this idea! :D
Tshemmp

theowest wrote:

This could also bring up the multiplayer chat #multiplayer
Better not for owc because I can already see the chat being spammed by koreans if Cookiezi is playing. I think the players should still have there own closed chat. So

theowest wrote:

a separate one
would be better. In this - let's call it #multispec - are all people who spectate one of the players in the room. This extra chat would be accesable for the players, too ofcourse.
QHideaki13
I wholeheartedly agree... :D

EDIT:Also agree with the statements by Tshemmp...
DJKero
Support!
TheDragonXD
Bump.

I honestly think this is a cool idea , you should also get the option to do the 8 cursors flying over the place. +1

P.S. this could work for all the other modes , sinse they could show like the names above/below the cursor if your doing the all players screen thing.

It would be nice instead of waiting.

This could also implement people being able when using the "free mods" to choose DoubleTime/HalfTime/Nightcore , then after you beat it before everyone else, you can spectate
Soner Wolf
shut up and take all my stars I don't have!

+1
-libili

Gabi wrote:

i dont think it is possible to spectate 1 game and then just instantly switch to another player inside the game due to latency differences. alltho it would be a cool idea and i would support this ^^

for instance, pings might differ 5 seconds sometimes, so if you would be switching between 2 people constantly it would mess up and repeat notes.

so? sometimes they play on realtime as you can see the scores are going on 300th's at the same time when ur playingg on multi.

sometimes its right, ssomeone is delayed, but wwho cares if some notes are messsing up on changed player .. better than nothing or? :3
Bells
I've seen this break up into many separate ideas in this thread.

What would be great would be to have it mimic what we see with the live stream of the OWC. Have all players displayed and actually see what they all doing simultaniously. If you then want to spectate a specific person, you click on their window and you spec them. If you want to go back to seeing all the players. You click a button and go back out.

I agree that a totally different spec chat would need to exist and the private rooms chat needs to remain. You can even add features to Multiplayer rooms where the players can set the room to private so they cannot be spectated.

There is actually so much you can do with this idea, I think its brilliant and if I knew how to get more stars I'd send them all in support of this thread
Plushies
I know this thread is a fossil but this is a great idea with much support and shouldn't be dead.
DJKero
Hell yeah. For Unnoficial Tournaments and Official too, this should be preeetty handy.
Dusk252
Bumping this dead request because it's a fantastic idea overall. No need to explain why since all reasons are well stated above in the thread.
- Marco -

Dusk252 wrote:

Bumping this dead request because it's a fantastic idea overall. No need to explain why since all reasons are well stated above in the thread.
I agree!
xasuma
Bump!
Make this happen please.
This is a no brainer addition , and it was requested 6 years ago already. :(
Chirimu-Chan
There is already the "Tournament Client", which is able to spectate a whole room (with the correct configuration even 16 players at once). The thing is, its not public and the staff is not going to release it.
Xenocidel

Chirimu-Chan wrote:

There is already the "Tournament Client", which is able to spectate a whole room (with the correct configuration even 16 players at once). The thing is, its not public and the staff is not going to release it.
How about requesting access to the Tournament Client like how League of Legends does it, with Tournament Codes given out through application/request? Also, from what we've seen with OWC, spectating an entire room is really unreliable and laggy.
Green Platinum
I feel this should also come with an ability to abstain from playing for the round too. Allowing you to spectate but also not slowing the room down due to you being afk.
Venumidas
I still don't get why you would hide that Client in puplic, make it supporter only or something like that, hiding it is just stupid since it's one of the most requested things(6 year+ ago and now) why would you hide something like that?

I can see no single reason why you would ever do that, makes no sense.

Also, if it "should" have any problems, then it would be easier to get a lot of problems fixed when going puplic"cutting Edge - possibly(supporter only)".
Chirimu-Chan

Venumidas wrote:

I still don't get why you would hide that Client in puplic, make it supporter only or something like that, hiding it is just stupid since it's one of the most requested things(6 year+ ago and now) why would you hide something like that?

Also, if it "should" have any problems, then it would be easier to get a lot of problems fixed when going puplic"cutting Edge - possibly(supporter only)".
Because to make the Tournament Client work in public/ semi-public, MANY fixes have to be made. That would take a lot of time. I think the Staff simply has other prioritys.
Venumidas

Chirimu-Chan wrote:

Venumidas wrote:

Because to make the Tournament Client work in public/ semi-public, MANY fixes have to be made. That would take a lot of time. I think the Staff simply has other prioritys.

Yes, the best way to fix something is to not let anyone test it. - Still makes no sense.
Danshi_old_1
If this isnt implemented im gonna cry..
Venumidas
Let's bump this because I still didn't get a answer that makes any sense after 4-5 months.
suffofaked
Great idea, Vouching
Hakisak
has this not been done yet? I would find it pretty useful.
[AirHDHR]
+2 votes. Good idea!
[ Scarlet Red ]
I would like it if it was... osu! world cup format-like. And why would more than one cursor be a bad thing? idk... I mean you'd see everyone playing their way... I think it'd work with all the cursors and not just one.

I do suppose this idea either way, though.
non one c
This would be great!
+2 votes!
[All-A]
Yeah this sounds really cool!
I would love for the tournament client to be released, and be able to see all players at once like in the osu world cup, but it seems like the client isn't going to be public any time soon. This option is the next best thing, and it has my support!
Shadow
Would love to see this.
Ambrew
Would also love to see this. Hope it's something that can be available to everyone not just tournament hosts.
Plush
I just requested this feature until I finally realized that the thread is here. Deleted my new request! Please make this happen :) I voted twice. For me it's not about viewing a single cursor, why not have all 4? Use different colors for all :D and we'll be complete. And for me it's not only spectate, why not also multiplayer replays?
show more