forum

Is it normal that my pen nib will wear off by using it a lot or no?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FaceLessBoi_1
im wondering if its normal because i might ran out of pen nibs in the future lol
Zelzatter Zero
technicall, yes. Practically, unlikely. Unless you do it the very extreme way, it'll only wear out in like a year or even more depends on the quality. Just 4 nibs is already enough for me.
WitherMite
apparently the 472 eats nibs for breakfast though, I hover and still my nib is already wearing pretty quickly, and around christmas there were a ton of draggers complaining in G&R that they had to replace their nibs quite often.
Sugar_owo
yeah, my old tablets nib was like this and it was normal hehe
Penguin
Depends on the nibs, depends on what type of usage it goes through, depends on how often you use it. I personally went through around a nib per month, but that was with heavy usage while having a drag playstyle. I've seen some people pretty much never change nibs and I've seen some people change them every week. It's just something that you'll have to figure out on your own, but yes, it's normal.
FINGERLOCK
When I used the Wacom 490 (disgusting) the nibs were basically like pencil lead. But after a few months use on my S620 I've yet to change the nib and there is hardly any signs of wear.
Izaya_Alter
It's normal. Although the frequency of how you change your nibs depends on how you use them. I use both drag and hover style and my pen nib is still surviving even after three months with minimal sign of wearing off. It all depends on how you use them i.e. Applying less pressure to your pen while dragging will have less damage than heavy pressure. Oh, and of course the quality of the nib itself.
haha i rolypoly
sometimes
SnowbaII
Depends how rough you are when dragging, my pen nib has lasted for around half a year or more and its still usable so its not something to worry about (also considering you're given a decent amount nibs).
Tam-
I have a CTL-490 and with a drag play style. I tend to burn through 1 every 4 months or so. Was almost about to order some all when I ran out some time ago... at least that was until I found out there were nibs INSIDE the damn tablet...