forum

Looking for skins with long, thick continuous cursor trail

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
magicc
I am looking for a skin config with a long cursor trail (something like the cursor dance bots) I have read many posts telling me to just simply add the cursormiddle.png file to a skin which does make it longer, but I it isn't exactly "smooth" Does anyone have skins or a fix for this? (images below)

Also,
I am looking for a thicker cursor trail (preferably white!)

What it currently would look like:

What I would like it to look like (less minimalistic though...):
THAT_otaku
Make sure that "cursor" and "cursortail" are blank 1x1 png files, that "cursormiddle" is the main cursor (in the example above, the yellow circle) and that "cursortrail" is the blue circle.
Try increasing your cursor size a little in the osu settings, and/or try increasing the size of the cursortrail using an image editing software.
:)
Topic Starter
magicc

THAT_otaku wrote:

Make sure that "cursor" and "cursortail" are blank 1x1 png files, that "cursormiddle" is the main cursor (in the example above, the yellow circle) and that "cursortrail" is the blue circle.
Try increasing your cursor size a little in the osu settings, and/or try increasing the size of the cursortrail using an image editing software.
I'm still left with the same thing as before, the "cursortrail" is still quite spaced out...

I also tried it on other skins and I am left with the same thing.

EDIT
I was able to make it look at bit better... (by increasing the size but it isnt exactly as smooth as the top photo...) Is this something that is even possible?

EDIT AGAIN
Turns out it is impossible to get it as smooth as I would want... according to my friend at least.
azniguess

Arp wrote:

THAT_otaku wrote:

I'm still left with the same thing as before, the "cursortrail" is still quite spaced out...

I also tried it on other skins and I am left with the same thing.

EDIT
I was able to make it look at bit better... (by increasing the size but it isnt exactly as smooth as the top photo...) Is this something that is even possible?

EDIT AGAIN
Turns out it is impossible to get it as smooth as I would want... according to my friend at least.
yeah, the example you posted of what you wanted was specifically stated by the creator of said video that its impossible to get cursors to look like that in osu