forum

Beatmapping piano songs?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Veaya
So I'm a huge fan of classical music and I would love to start mapping some songs except for one issue. I'm not really sure how to set a bpm for these songs because it's constantly changing with rubato etc etc. Could anyone help me with this? Thanks.
Endaris
Essentially what you do is constantly set new timing points to correct the offset and bpm to be able to snap all notes.
Check out the variable bpm timing video guide by Charles here: community/forums/topics/121202
SaltyLucario
hey so, don't touch classical music before your mapping skills will be at least decent

yes you can learn how to time variable timing songs, but the process of timing itself takes way too much time and effort and is not worth it considering you've just started mapping and when you finish the map, it will be simply bad (don't take this as insult, everyone's first map is bad), and in result won't be able to push it or do anything else with outside of getting minor feedback. mapping variable timing also differs quite a bit from quantitized stuff as you need to accomodate it to the timing changes, to make gameplay experience as smooth as possible, which you shouldn't think about as new mapper either

so yea, i'd recommend finding some different stuff that's actually quantitized so you won't waste effort on timing it. how about artcore (stuff like xi and sakuzyo do)? they aren't exactly beginner friendly either but they also have a lot of piano usage which you might find appealing if you like classical. recent unlucky morpheus covers (like this one) also have a lot of violin and as far as i can tell they're single bpm too. that's some quick examples i can think of (of course if you have different genre of music you like, just go with that instead)

so tl;dr learn the basics first, then move onto classical stuff

if you're really desperate on learning them on classical songs tho (which again, wouldn't recommend at all) then at least use timing from some of ranked stuff - classical is now a website genre so you can use it to easily find those