forum

How do I resize my skin..? Is there a way to ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
alm0nd
How do I resize the [selection-mode.png] & [selection-mode@2x.png] file fit my screen , its too big for my 1440x900 monitor ,it doesn't fit properly for me. Im struggling to find skins that fit my screen & gives me the kind of feel to make me play well.
wowcake
Rescale the selection-mode@2x.png to 1440x900 resolution in Photoshop or another image editor
RockRoller
It would be useful if you could post a screenshot of your exact problem

Wowcake wrote:

Rescale the selection-mode@2x.png to 1440x900 resolution in Photoshop or another image editor
That is not how skinning works. You have 2 sets of images, HD and SD images, which are based on 768px and 1536px respectivly.
wowcake

RockRoller wrote:

That is not how skinning works. You have 2 sets of images, HD and SD images, which are based on 768px and 1536px respectivly.
I see... alright then
Topic Starter
alm0nd

RockRoller wrote:

It would be useful if you could post a screenshot of your exact problem
Here's 2 screenshots of 2 of the skins I have problem with. ( I have lots more with the same problem )

The bottom right osu has a custom picture from the skins that doesn't fully show & some buttons doesn't show on the top right either , what I meant by that is the filter tabs doesn't show all 5 of the buttons , it only shows [Collection] , [Recent] , [Artists] & [Difficulty] only but the [No Group] button is missing

RockRoller
Those skins where made for 16:9 aspect ratios and you are using 16:10. You either are lucky and the skins have additional files for those ratios, or you will need to edit those skins yourself.
Topic Starter
alm0nd

RockRoller wrote:

Those skins where made for 16:9 aspect ratios and you are using 16:10. You either are lucky and the skins have additional files for those ratios, or you will need to edit those skins yourself.
thats the exact problem im facing tho , there aren't additional files in those skins that i use TT teach me how to resize em onegaii!
RockRoller
The easiest solution would be to ask the original creator for 16:10 files, or at the very least source files / files wihtout the anime girls
Topic Starter
alm0nd