posted
Total Posts
show more
GloriousNova
Thank you!
Pizdoglazka
Works but broken sound in another game
Mizuto-
There are a lot of lag spikes even though I'm getting overall higher fps.
How do I fix this issue.
I'm on Linux Mint Cinnamon 21.2 if you're wondering.
Topic Starter
MarshNello

Mizuto- wrote:

There are a lot of lag spikes even though I'm getting overall higher fps.
How do I fix this issue.
I'm on Linux Mint Cinnamon 21.2 if you're wondering.
I reccommend either trying gamemode out or changing kernel from mainline to a better one like Liquorix.
sousa1
im having some issues with mouse on Arch, when i play using mouse the game starts to stutter, does anyone know how to fix this?
ShiroiYuki28
can you help me, why can't i run osu-wine with terminal, after running it i get this message:
fsync: up and running.
002c:fixme:winediag:LdrInitializeThunk Wine TkG (staging) 8.16 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
002c:fixme:winediag:LdrInitializeThunk Please don't report bugs about it on winehq.org and use https://github.com/Frogging-Family/wine-tkg-git/issues instead.
002c:err:wineboot:process_run_key Error running cmd L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe -a -r" (126).
00b8:fixme:hid:handle_IRP_MN_QUERY_ID Unhandled type 00000005
Application could not be started, or no application associated with the specifie
d file.
ShellExecuteEx failed: File not found.
Nyariri
I found multiple monitor issue, and how to solve that
- my osu wine was perform pertectly
- my wine didn't show all refresh rate correctly (it out just 60hz, my second monitor's hz)

In other words, if you have different hz multiple monitor that can only present lowest monitor's refresh rate.

and for solving this, excute osuwine with winecfg arguments "osu-wine --winecfg"
than, go to graphics tab - turn off "Allow the window managerr to decorate the windows" and "Allow the windows manager to control the windows" on window settings.
https://ibb.co/ykPxYwf

I think this can be helpful info for someone. :3

-----

above method is very uncomfortable window managing (you cant back to osu window doing alt+tab) and even not active sometimes. just turn off another monitor when play osu. T_T
Topic Starter
MarshNello

Nyariri wrote:

I found multiple monitor issue, and how to solve that
- my osu wine was perform pertectly
- my wine didn't show all refresh rate correctly (it out just 60hz, my second monitor's hz)

In other words, if you have different hz multiple monitor that can only present lowest monitor's refresh rate.

and for solving this, excute osuwine with winecfg arguments "osu-wine --winecfg"
than, go to graphics tab - turn off "Allow the window managerr to decorate the windows" and "Allow the windows manager to control the windows" on window settings.
https://ibb.co/ykPxYwf

I think this can be helpful info for someone. :3

-----

above method is very uncomfortable window managing (you cant back to osu window doing alt+tab) and even not active sometimes. just turn off another monitor when play osu. T_T

Waait, what's your DE? Yeah while this might be a workaround there might be better ways to fix.
NekoNatsuki
I install o! on Kali Linux with XFCE4 DE

" E: Unable to locate package winehq-staging
Script failed: Some libraries didn't install for some reason, check apt or your connection "l

I tried reinstall winello and it have same result

Idk how to solve that ;w;
zenze
It suddently stopped working one day, it would launch and get stuck on the osu logo showing up on your screen. running osu-wine in the terminal and it seems to get stuck on

0144:err:sync:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 4EDD7274 (null) wait timed out in thread 0144, blocked by 0180, retrying (60 sec)

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it didn't change anything. I'm running Fedora 38 with Gnome 44.6. I've tried this in both Wayland and X11 and it behaves the exact same

edit: here's a video of it happening https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK2EtrOCysU
KatouMegumi

NekoNatsuki wrote:

Script failed: Some libraries didn't install for some reason, check apt or your connection "l

Not using a distribution meant to be used as a network penetration testing live cd image as a daily driver would help. Just install a more suitable distribution such as Linux Mint or Debian.
NekoNatsuki

KatouMegumi wrote:

NekoNatsuki wrote:

Not using a distribution meant to be used as a network penetration testing live cd image as a daily driver would help. Just install a more suitable distribution such as Linux Mint or Debian.
It appear this line for debian

E: Unable to locate package winehq-staging
Script failed: Some libraries didn't install for some reason, check apt or your connection
Reverting install...: Reverting done, try again with ./osu-winello.sh
mv: cannot stat '/etc/apt/sources.list.bak': No such file or directory
zenze

Saratoga wrote:

It suddently stopped working one day, it would launch and get stuck on the osu logo showing up on your screen. running osu-wine in the terminal and it seems to get stuck on

0144:err:sync:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 4EDD7274 (null) wait timed out in thread 0144, blocked by 0180, retrying (60 sec)

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it didn't change anything. I'm running Fedora 38 with Gnome 44.6. I've tried this in both Wayland and X11 and it behaves the exact same

edit: here's a video of it happening https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK2EtrOCysU
It fixed itself after I reinstalled Fedora so idrk what could've been the issue
Akira Morilas
Just a word of warning, if you're on Linux Mint DO NOT update, I lost all audio(system-wide, not just osu) and now when I play I get an error saying my score won't be submitted.

Looking into it it seems like the updater decided to delete pipewire without replacing it with anything else, and now wants me to Linus(Sebastian, not Torwalds) myself by requiring to delete Cinnamon to install it back(and even if I do click yes it doesn't go through with it, saying it needs to fix broken packages first).

The very reason I went back to Mint is because I wanted a distro that "just works", but if I can't have that then I'll just use Arch btw.
Espionage724
All this latency talk and there's no mention of preempt=full threadirqs ?

Akira Morilas wrote:

Just a word of warning, if you're on Linux Mint DO NOT update, I lost all audio(system-wide, not just osu) and now when I play I get an error saying my score won't be submitted.

Looking into it it seems like the updater decided to delete pipewire without replacing it with anything else, and now wants me to Linus(Sebastian, not Torwalds) myself by requiring to delete Cinnamon to install it back(and even if I do click yes it doesn't go through with it, saying it needs to fix broken packages first).

The very reason I went back to Mint is because I wanted a distro that "just works", but if I can't have that then I'll just use Arch btw.
I'm surprised people still use Mint after they had Wine broken for months. If you want a distro that just works, why aren't you using any of the 3 mainstream ones (Fedora, Ubuntu, openSUSE) that actually do that? They're mainstream for a reason :p
TheWMGoverment
Really cool!
Jangsoodlor

Espionage724 wrote:

All this latency talk and there's no mention of preempt=full threadirqs ?

Akira Morilas wrote:

I'm surprised people still use Mint after they had Wine broken for months. If you want a distro that just works, why aren't you using any of the 3 mainstream ones (Fedora, Ubuntu, openSUSE) that actually do that? They're mainstream for a reason :p
Linux mint is considered to be "beginner friendly" so there's a lot of ppl using it.
Espionage724

Jangsoodlor wrote:

Linux mint is considered to be "beginner friendly" so there's a lot of ppl using it.
So is Ubuntu and has been for years. Mint was only good for Cinnamon when it was somewhat competitive with GNOME in the early version 3 days, and I guess media playback for people who couldn't check a box for it during Ubuntu's set-up.

Imo it makes no sense today to use Mint as a beginner distro since there's Ubuntu with far better stability and support, and Mint isn't doing anything noteworthy or better than other distros to even catch a glance.
Hedeyohu2
im stuck with 17 ms latency
KatouMegumi

Hedeyohu2 wrote:

im stuck with 17 ms latency
visual? disable vsync
Zip gamers
Hi, so, evertime that i try to install the osu! my tablet dont work on it, how can i make to get that thing to work? Like, my mouse works fine on game, and my tablet dont. My tablet works fine outside osu! I forgot to said, even with artist mode it doesn't work
RedDeadCobra
osu-wine command doesn't work for me, I am using the shortcut for now

Edit: the game also doesn't go fullscreen without manually hiding the taskbar (KDE Plasma, Wayland)
Stage
Just here to say thanks for the useful install script - this is awesome. Worked flawlessly, i3 arch.
masterFelixJr
My fps locked on 60 and ms on 17. I turned off the limiter of fps, but it doesnt work. Maybe problem in Xwayland or something else. Can you help me with that? I got 60hz monitor, intel iris xe graphics, intel core i5 1135g7. Ubuntu 24.04. When i played osu! on windows i got more 120 fps
Stage

masterFelixJr wrote:

My fps locked on 60 and ms on 17. I turned off the limiter of fps, but it doesnt work. Maybe problem in Xwayland or something else. Can you help me with that? I got 60hz monitor, intel iris xe graphics, intel core i5 1135g7. Ubuntu 24.04. When i played osu! on windows i got more 120 fps
It was really laggy until I followed the troubleshooting guide and added it to lutris. Should just be able to run 'osu-wine --lutris' and follow the instructions. Then always launch through Lutris, was buttery smooth after that.
Akebana Yukio
I'm unable to minimize or change windows while in the edit menu or beatmap editor
McEndu
Any lazer-stable comparisons?
Topic Starter
MarshNello

Akebana Yukio wrote:

I'm unable to minimize or change windows while in the edit menu or beatmap editor
You should be able to after yesterday's update, try running osu-wine --update
xalaxet
The sound is broken :(
Winnyace

xalaxet wrote:

The sound is broken :(
Broken in what sense?
3l_St3v3n
How do i get maps? help plz
BlueChinchompa

3l_St3v3n wrote:

How do i get maps? help plz

just drag the osu beatmap file into the game
Akebana Yukio
i got these errors while installing osu with dependencies

"The following packages have unmet dependencies:
winehq-staging : Depends: wine-staging (= 9.12~noble-1)
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
Script failed: Some libraries didn't install for some reason, check apt or your connection
Reverting install...:
Reverting done, try again with ./osu-winello.sh"

I tried to install the required dependency but the required dependency doesn't exist
BenjiXD
is it possible to redirect the games path to my windows folder so I dont have to copy all my songs and skins to a different hard drive