forum

2013 Staff Restructuring

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
As of the 20th of March 2013, the staff roster has been adjusted to clearly define the roles we all have within the staff, and as such, some permissions and privileges have been adjusted to account for the changes. In the interests of transparency, this is being presented to the community at large in order to better inform you all of whom amongst the staff can best help you should you ever require help.

Language Surveillance Division has been renamed to the Chat Moderators and all members are titled on the forums as a Chat Moderator. Assorted moderators with moderation rights over major forums have been rounded up and added to the group.

Support Team has been properly consolidated into a formal group, and dedicated Support Team members now have forum titles designating who they are.

The old Administrators group is gone and has been replaced with the Global Moderation Team. Members of the GMT solely focus on moderating and have global forum and chat moderation access privileges, but no longer have the BAT map management options available to them. The GMT will be expected to be the first line for community users to contact for issues regarding ingame and forum conduct.

All users with access to ACP have been titled with Administrator, regardless of their role. In addition, any user with their own individual role has been given a title to represent what it is they actually do. It should now be obvious who does what!

If you require assistance with anything related to beatmaps, any Beatmap Appreciation Team or red-named person on the forums should be ready to assist you. Make sure you ask nicely! Anything related to player moderation in game or on the forums should be directed at member of the Global Moderation Team or if you are having issues on a language subforum, your local friendly Chat Moderator. Finally, if you require help with any administrative affairs such as provisional name changes or other profile-related issues, speak to any user whom is titled as an Administrator. They are the only ones who will be able to help you!
popner
Nice shot!
Kawayi Rika

popner wrote:

Nice shot!
Nomeh
um...
Loctav
Let's see how people get along with that change ;D
deadbeat

Ephemeral wrote:

Support Team has been properly consolidated into a formal group, and dedicated Support Team members now have forum titles designating who they are.
awesome <3 <3 <3
Cyclohexane
Took me a bit to understand what exactly was going on in there.

I still have a question though, not sure if I got that right: do BATs still have their op powers ingame or not?
Cause if they don't, there's gonna be a need for new chat ops in some channels.
Arnold0
I've a question, I saw sometimes some staffs are admin after bieng BAT. These "old BAT" staffs members loose the right to buble/rank maps?
popner

Mr Color wrote:

I still have a question though, not sure if I got that right: do BATs still have their op powers ingame or not?
BATs keep their power.
LKs

Mr Color wrote:

BAT still have powers to moderate

Arnold0 wrote:

I've a question, I saw sometimes some staffs are admin after being BAT. These "old BAT" staffs members loose the right to buble/rank maps?
it depends
Topic Starter
Ephemeral

Mr Color wrote:

BAT remain exactly as they did before the restructuring - they retain their mod privileges as well as being able to rank maps.
Cyclohexane
Alright, thanks for the clarification.
deadbeat

Arnold0 wrote:

I've a question, I saw sometimes some staffs are admin after being BAT. These "old BAT" staff members loose the right to bubble/rank maps?
if the BAT management options aren't available to them, then yeah, GMT's can't bubble/rank now. guess they solely focus on forum moderation. 1 or 2 might be able to depending on any extra powers they get. but for now, just assume that they can't.
//could be super wrong xD
Dolphin
I personally like this change :D
Futurola
good way to go :D
Andrea
Much better than before, good job guys.
Kurai
Cool beans ~
Sakura
This is looking nice, so I guess GMTs will finally rest from being asked to bubble/rank maps
MMzz
Cool.
HeatKai
osu!market manager,sir
show more