forum

Toggles within skin.ini to restore old circle animation [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +446
show more
Kodora
New problem: osu! logo in menu completly overlaps your rank in any game resolution, it just cant be correct.

People must be able to choose version what they like and play with it, why just "no"? Why?
Xhez2slash
I liked the old osu soft corners, is there anyway to switch to that?
Arnold0

Futurola wrote:

Am I the only one who really luv the new osu!?
No you aren't, I was plying with invi 300's and now I play with deffault (with just custom menu-button-backgrond and menu sounds), but people just don't accept change, I already know this kind of drama when a game I played before had a major update that make a huge part of the comunity quit because they don't like new UI etc... And it looks like there is always guys complaining when some program they use change.
ztrot
hell I just released a new skin under this new format I don't mind it one bit if you want stronger or larger hit lighting make it, it isn't to hard guys and it isn't like this skin is forced I have problems with it myself but you get used to it or you try something different they worked really hard and brought a shit ton of great features to the table.
keegster2
There is a problem with the ranking screen. When I finish a Map with my favorite Skin, the WarioWare Skin, flawlessly, Doctor Crygor is seen on the bottom-left of the ranking screen, with the word "Flawless" next to him. (Sorry for the weird description. I don't know how to put it any other way.) now, it's looks like this. I would much prefer the back button to be where it used to be: Below the Retry and Replay buttons.

However, I like the "Background of Map you played is showed on results screen" Feature, it's a lot better than the bland blue background.

EDIT: Just noticed that you can scroll the results screen down, so it's not as big as an issue.
Ohrami

Cookiezi agrees with us :D

Omnatus
I miss my pretty explosions...

STARS STARS EVERYWHERE.

But on an actual serious note I do feel like it should have been a toggle to keep both sides happy, rather than pleasing one or the other, personally I do feel a subtle difference although its harder for me to tell because i need to improve first before I can say for sure that it hinders mine and other peoples plays.

But it really feels like it does, and the feel of it all is kind of an important thing, at least to me and some other gamers that the feel of a game and how it plays isn't just restricted to Osu and spans into a lot of other game genres like Shooters and RPG. It could be better or worse than what it used to be but It should be down to the players to choose if they want it or not, some did and some really did not, only thing you can realistically do is keep both happy.
theowest
The slider ticks recently changed now so they're much easier to read and personally I love how the bounce up a bit to the rhythm.
Dazzy
I like the skin in every way, all of it! There was so much potential to how the skinning could wind up being! I have asked some peoples where those who did not like it never gave a reason directly, but eventually getting a proper explenation from them they said something like "It's different!". This I just find so silly that probably the majority of the players whom disliked the new skin because it is different!

There is also so many who loved the elements to the skin, personally I would love to have a option to have all the intended skin elements!
Ohrami
It's like you didn't read the OP.
jesse1412

Kyou-kun wrote:

It's like you didn't read the OP.
Raging Bull
I just dont like how circle don't expand anymore when clicked.
ProTofik
Does anyone has a backup of osu before this update?
I will just block updates and play offline. Looks like there is no other way to get it playable...
Ohrami
Aqo has one. Ask him for it
peppy
For what it's worth, hit lighting has been restored when new skin is not preferred in options (already public).
Ohrami
I don't think this is true. I could tell you added a little bit of expansion when you hit a circle, but it's nothing like this. Unless you're talking about something entirely different, in which case I retract my statement.
peppy
Hit lighting. Not circle animation. Please read, and also read the changelog. And stop posting.
Ohrami
I wasn't sure what the name of the circle animation is. Most people have been calling it "hit lighting" (such as the OP), so I assumed hit lighting had a double meaning. Whatever the case, thanks for at least changing one of the things people might take issue with.

Also, when you mentioned that one of the changes was a glitch in chat earlier today, were you talking about the hit lighting or circle animation?
Topic Starter
ryza
What Kyou said. People were calling it the hit lighting, so that's what I put in the OP. If it is indeed "circle animation" then I can change to OP to reflect that, because that's what I was referring to, mostly.
peppy
Hit lighting was changed, but also restored in an earlier update.
karma_komodo
Thank you peppy!!!!
My old skins work again. ;)
Airi1993
Help T_T i can't make faster spins with this skin.
How can i delete spin background?
Ohrami
Resolved? There was no update to resolve the problems in the OP. Somebody made a mistake.

Edit: Thank you, MillhioreF, for fixing it :D
MillhioreF
I've edited the topic title too to reflect the last remaining major issue.
NAGISACHAn_old
My skin still doesent work :/
Prieto
How I can do this?
Ohrami
Sad to see this still hasn't been fixed...
peppy
If it hasn't been fixed, I have no idea what you are talking about.
Ohrami
Look at this video. You can download this map and the skin from my profile and compare the animations of the circles in-game and in the video. This map is a good example because it's easier to see the massive difference on streamy maps, at least for me. You can see that the circles "expand" far more in that video than they do in the current live version of the game, and that is what so many players have been and still are frustrated over.
Kyou-chan
im going 2 cry
:( :( :( :(
Ohrami
Here's two good screenshots which clearly exemplify the problem.

This first screenshot is what the game currently looks like, using a 1920x1080 resolution:

Here is a screenshot of the same section of the same beatmap using the same skin at the same resolution, albeit on a YouTube video clip:

Clearly, something has changed. Peppy's denial of this has begun to irritate me recently. There's a reason why most of the top players recognize that something has changed. There's a reason why Cookiezi threw a tantrum and broke his stylus. The game has changed, and many players don't welcome it.
JappyBabes
Options > Skin > Uncheck prefer new data. learn your options
Ohrami

w0w who woulda guessed its already not checked
peppy
cookiezi broke his pen because i called him noob. get your facts right. this is not factual
Soarezi
I can confirm what Kyou-kun said, nothing has changed about the hitcircle explosions, they're still really small compared to what they were.
jemhuntr
gosh, I have no idea why people still keep on ranting about that tiny hitcircle animation. (I don't even know how this thread reached 9 pages)
I would understand why it got so many stars, tho'

technically you can skin that circle animation using hitbursts (the only difference would be that it will be drawn behind the hitcircle). I would happily make you a set of hitbursts ten times more massive and explosive than the old behavior if you want.
Yes, it was weird playing with the new default skin at first (but I liked it, since it looks good). It took some time getting used to it, but now I managed to move on and skin the new osu! interface to my liking. I also tried used a little "burst effect" for the hitburst, so I get a little bit of that old feel when hitting circles. But as I play along and experiment with my skin, I end up with a not-too-flashy and simple animation, which did not affect my gameplay. There is a limit to how we can customize the osu! UI, so we have to maximize it and devise our own workarounds for it. I agree that changing something without notice nor an option to go back isn't really nice, but I'm not liking the reason you're ranting right here.

and peppy, maybe it's time to see the advantages of having a multitude of options ;p
more variables = win
it's up to you to decide whether you'll spend your time adding variables and options to the code, or just deal with ranting people who can't adapt to evolution or these minor changes you make on your program.
lol peppy called cookiezi noob

also Soarezi, Kyou-kun is arguing against the change in the circle animation behavior, so I don't think he thinks that there was no change with the circle behavior. :)

in the end, peppy will still be the one who will win, this is his game after all.
peppy
Circle animations have changed 4 times in the last two years. I don't plan on making new toggles each time. The animation has no changed. Duration may have. No, I will not be changing this. It may change in the future, though.

Settings for animations in skins would probably be the best way to deal with this, but you could make a custom skin burst which is animated to replace the shotcoming for now, if you feel that strongly about it. I gaurantee it can be done with animations alone.

*eats stars*