forum

osu! element draw layering?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MGGoku
So to quickly explain, I'm trying to see if it's possible to create an effect of different background dims for different gamemodes. My idea is to try to find an element that draws itself underneath the hitcircles, followpoints, approach circles, etc. so I can fill it with black pixels all around. I'm trying to do this because I prefer to have my background on for osu!mania, but I can't do that without constantly changing the background dim. Is is possible to create or edit a skin element that has the ability to draw underneath the hitcircles? I've tried using scorebarbg and inputoverlay-background but those seem to draw over the hitcircles. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Btw, I probably won't respond to some of the replies for a little bit. Sorry about that!
RockRoller
The only one that can do this is inputeroverlay-key, and IIRC the bottom most one is the highest drawn one, which means its not compatible with using mouse clicks, since the whole screen would flash, wihtout changing the key mapping.