forum

failsound.wav playing along with default failsound when failing a map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
__Shika
Hey there, mapping newbie here.
When I changed my failsound from one of my skins to a custom one, whenever i fail a map, that .wav plays but the default failsound also plays. so they play together. this was not an issue before i swapped the failsound. does anyone know the solution to this problem?

thanks
JustABeginner
Hi TropicalAlarm87!

Perhaps that's the "pause-loop"? Find any blank sound file from other skins and replace it.
Topic Starter
__Shika
Hey there, thanks for the reply!

I've already tried doing this, as a forum from 3 years ago recommended it, but unfortunately all it did was remove the music that played on the "failed" screen, while both the default and custom audio files still played together.
JustABeginner
If you said that to remove the music played on the "failed screen" means it should be failsound.wav. Pause-loop on the other hand is different, it plays when you pause the game and when you fail the game.

Alright, is this the default failsound you hear along with your custom failsound?
Topic Starter
__Shika

JustABeginner wrote:

If you said that to remove the music played on the "failed screen" means it should be failsound.wav. Pause-loop on the other hand is different, it plays when you pause the game and when you fail the game.

Alright, is this the default failsound you hear along with your custom failsound?
No, this is what plays alongside my custom failsound:
RockRoller
Hmm, there should never be 2 failsounds at once, I think the best thing would be if you could link to your full skin.
Topic Starter
__Shika
This is an edit of a skin pulled from a reddit thread, so it's definitely not mine, nor is it complete, but i know there's a rule against mixed skins, so if this violates the rules feel free to remove it. (sorry daremo)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1chMhD6TzIEHpRiULG5r_0mzfSnzQIYVS?usp=sharing

Thanks for replying
JustABeginner
So, I tried the skin, checking out the problem you encountered and...
I didn't found any default failsound playing along with the custom failsound.

Edit: Do you actually mean that the default failsound is "the song slows down and eventually stops"?
Topic Starter
__Shika

JustABeginner wrote:

So, I tried the skin, checking out the problem you encountered and...
I didn't found any default failsound playing along with the custom failsound.

Edit: Do you actually mean that the default failsound is "the song slows down and eventually stops"?
Ah, that must be it. I didn't realize that you couldn't actually remove the slowing down and pitch deepening effect. You've been very helpful:). Thank you for replying, I really appreciate it.
JustABeginner
Yeah, you couldn't do anything to that one. It will always play along with your custom failsound. As long as you can't listen to this;

TropicalAlarm87 wrote:

while adding your custom failsound, you should be good to go.
Also, you're welcome. c: