forum

Modders Channel [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
You can join this channel if you wish to be helped with your beatmaps.

Modders wil have this channel open so they get to see new requests.

With this we avoid Osu! channel to get filled with modding requests.

<3
Gens
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
An64fan
I quite like this idea. :) Would be an effective way to mod calls and requests in the such imo. I know I'd make use of it. People who want to request for modding or who are taking requests for modding could easily drop in whenever they like, and possibly stick around a while. It wouldn't be just one request or one call for requests among random chatter.
vytalibus
Well I guess this is a nifty addition considering that people started requesting for mods a lot abundantly, lately. We could probably add a mini-feature in the channel that would "tag" the modder with the moddee so the former can alert the latter of his acceptance.
Ekaru
If anything, at least have the channel. Would be much more organized, and would prevent situations of everyone talking about Pokemon and someone coming in with a mod request.
awp
I find myself in favour of this, which actually comes as a bit of a surprise to me. This'll help solve a handful of problems, including the constant "hey <name of bat> can you mod atm?" questions. Join the #mod channel if you're looking to mod/be modded, leave that talk out of #osu, those who just want to chat/play can just chat/play without having to deal with obligatory responsibilities.
YoshiKart
awp explained it perfectly. +1 support.
Starrodkirby86
Even though something like this would be great to have (Finally something not language oriented in the +New collection), but I feel it's going to get abused a lot, especially with people who think no one's reading their particular request. Either it's going to get abused, or it's going to get flooded with many requests (Sort of like the Free Market in Maple Story, that's what I kind of fear too). Then again, there aren't a lot of Mod requests in the first place...

We'll see where it goes...
CheeseWarlock
I think this has potential, and deserves to be implemented on a trial basis.
peppy
let's give this a try.
ThePassingShadow
This is an awesome idea.

Not only does it do everything everyone else has said, but it also makes it so the channel isn't filled with two conversations that keep interrupting each other.

One perosn talking about TWEWY and then getting cut off by someone posting six timing sections into chat will no longer happen.