show more
winber1
become left handed and all problems are solved
buny
i have more stamina in left hand since all the time playing i practice with it
Wishy
Same.
Winshley
I played this map non-stop for 600+ plays before I started getting tired, with the K100 keyboard. If what you guys said is true, I probably might be able to play all day with mech keyboard then! xD
CXu

kriers wrote:

Let me just say you need to play with mechanical keyboards over some time before it has any real effect. It's rarely something that will magically boost your skill instantly.

It also sounds like you've gone from using a flat keyboard to a fat one. This transition is pretty mean to some people due to how fingers can stream differently depending on the shape of the keys. An example is when CXu started using his mechanical keyboard going from a flat laptop keyboard. What had previously given him good accuracy on streams sounded almost like double tapping in the start.

Finally I recommend a tenkeyless mechanical keyboard. It takes little space compared to the Steelseries 6Gv2.
doubletap stronk.
Metro
Cool thread. Subscribed.
Yarissa
I woulda gone with a leopold tenkeyless if bulkyness was a problem. Oh well.
Topic Starter
SapphireGhost
Blue switches arrived today and I tried them out. Further information in the first post. I'm really aiming to get some sleep tonight and try the blues again tomorrow.
henkuli
Any chance you could get your hands on brown switches? I'm really keen on buying a more responsive (than plain rubber dome) keyboard, the only thing I'm suspicious of is the amount of noise they are said to make. If brown switches are relatively silent compared to other switches, then I'm buying myself a keyboard with them!

Thanks in advance
Pizzicato
you don't compare keyboard switches because they have very different characteristics
it's all personal preferences and opinions on which switches are better
buny
ok
Triskelion91

Pizzicato wrote:

you don't compare keyboard switches because they have very different characteristics
it's all personal preferences and opinions on which switches are better
Isn't that why you compare them..?
Kanye West
You should make video reviews
D33d

henkuli wrote:

Any chance you could get your hands on brown switches? I'm really keen on buying a more responsive (than plain rubber dome) keyboard, the only thing I'm suspicious of is the amount of noise they are said to make. If brown switches are relatively silent compared to other switches, then I'm buying myself a keyboard with them!

Thanks in advance
Browns are very quiet with the right technique, but a good keyboard will have caps which spring back rather forcefully--as such, you'd still hear this and it kind of offsets the sound of the switches themselves. Having said that, they'll still be much quieter than blues. As blacks and domes are designed to bottom out, browns may be even quieter than those.

The only problem that I really have with these switches is that, if my fingers are feeling weak, getting the right amount of force to actuate the switches alone makes me feel like I'm typing on mush at times. The effect's exaggerated somewhat when I hit a lot of keys off centre. I'm still glad to be using them, as I seem to get no complaints about the sound of my typing any more.
dMaxb
;
Triskelion91

dMaxb wrote:

so... with reds do you hit the backboard or press only half way in? I got mine few days ago and my triplets hits got worse and I hit full bottom all time ~_~
I don't know about others, but I bottom them out for everything as well.
henkuli
Offtopic:
SPOILER

D33d wrote:

henkuli wrote:

Browns are very quiet with the right technique, but a good keyboard will have caps which spring back rather forcefully--as such, you'd still hear this and it kind of offsets the sound of the switches themselves. Having said that, they'll still be much quieter than blues. As blacks and domes are designed to bottom out, browns may be even quieter than those.

The only problem that I really have with these switches is that, if my fingers are feeling weak, getting the right amount of force to actuate the switches alone makes me feel like I'm typing on mush at times. The effect's exaggerated somewhat when I hit a lot of keys off centre. I'm still glad to be using them, as I seem to get no complaints about the sound of my typing any more.
I don't know if there's an existing topic about mechanical keyboards in general, so i'm posting here.

I personally prefer a silent, and by silent I mean that the clicking can't be heard through 2 separate closed doors. I usually play with a headset, because the sound of my current keyboard distracts me when I play with speakers. Basically I want to only hear the music and feel the keyboard, or atleast that's what seems ideal for me. This is why brown switches caught my attention.

On topic: Has SG gotten any new keyboards recently? Anything noteworthy in them?
Topic Starter
SapphireGhost

henkuli wrote:

On topic: Has SG gotten any new keyboards recently? Anything noteworthy in them?
Black switches arrived + I tried them. I don't plan on getting browns because I haven't heard much about using them at a competitive level, but it appears that D33d has a pretty good idea of what they are. So ask him!
lolcubes

SapphireGhost wrote:

At the very least, I now have a picture of my desk with four keyboards on it.
Where is the picture? :(
JesusYamato
Think of brown as a mix of blue+red, they're the best for osu.
lkjl23

Ouariasse wrote:

They're not. I own both reds and browns, and reds are far superior for streaming and just about everything once you master them. I will admit that it took some time to master them. Not only that, reds make single tapping 300bpm a breeze.
Hanyuu
Thats why im not buying stuff online, because someone tests it and returns it and the next one buys it. Black key is probably the best for osu standard and taiko and red for taiko and mania

Also find it especially funny to put chinese for timestamps. wt?
dMaxb

NeverDie wrote:

Ouariasse wrote:

They're not. I own both reds and browns, and reds are far superior for streaming and just about everything once you master them. I will admit that it took some time to master them. Not only that, reds make single tapping 300bpm a breeze.
Can you plz tell me about how I to master reds? Do you bottom out?
Tanzklaue
there is no best switch for osu. there is only a best switch for you.
Bweh

lolcubes wrote:

SapphireGhost wrote:

At the very least, I now have a picture of my desk with four keyboards on it.
SG never delivers ;;
Topic Starter
SapphireGhost

Brian OA wrote:

lolcubes wrote:

SG never delivers ;;
My desk is a secret to all!
Winshley
You could have put the keyboards on floor and take a picture of them. :P
D33d
Take a picture of you cuddling your keyboards and making a delightful face.
Kanye West

D33d wrote:

Take a picture of you cuddling your keyboards and making a delightful face.
I would pay for this picture.