forum

Poll 16: How many keys can you press at once in osu!mania?

posted
Total Posts

I can press...

3 keys
4.46%
4 keys
16.07%
5 keys
6.25%
6 keys
22.32%
7 keys
14.29%
8 keys
36.61%
Total votes: 112
Polling ended
Topic Starter
peppy
osu!mania is a game mode which can potentially allow for 8+ keys to be pressed at once (although this is very rarely required by the music), but most keyboards these days reach limits far before this. It can depend on your binding locations and more importantly your keyboard hardware. This poll is to find out how many keys people can press at once in average so we can get an idea of what should be expected in ranked maps.

Play > Special > osu!mania > choose an 8k map (or turn on the 8k mod)

Start playing and press all the keys at once when using your preferred bindings. See how many actually display on the screen as being pressed. Make sure to hold them briefly and confirm results before letting go. Depending on the order you press keys, you may be able to "roll" more than otherwise possible, so make sure to test more than once and take the minimum reading.
Andrea
Only 4 keys, sadly.
Sonnyc
Mine displays all 8.

D: I don't have an extra hand to take a screenshot.
Aurele

Andrea wrote:

Only 4 keys, sadly.
Same here
NaomiMinette
All 8 for me.
Low
5 to 6. More often 6.
Azure_Kite
Between 6 and 4 keys here.

I'm using (From left to right) ASDF JKL;. If A is held down, I can only press four keys at once, however as long as A isn't pressed, I can hold 6.
woc2006

Andrea wrote:

Only 4 keys, sadly.
keyboard type?
DuckRice_old
Normally 7, but I can go up to 8 with a different key config.
[CSGA]Ar3sgice

Sonnyc wrote:

Mine displays all 8.

D: I don't have an extra hand to take a screenshot.
same to me haha
Derekku
6 keys

Was surprised, but I suppose that my keyboard isn't the greatest :p
MillhioreF
I can do all 8 with the default controls (ASDF JKL;) and all 7 in 7k (SDF *space* JKL) but as few as 3 if I remap them to other keys. The middle of the keyboard around the G and H area is especially prone to being unpressabe pretty quickly.

EDIT: laptop keyboard, like the guy below me. It's PS/2, which probably supports multiple buttons a lot better than USB.
Cristian
I can do 8.

And it's laptop...
Gonzvlo
8 here

I couldn't take a screenshot though (couldn't reach F12)
Wishy

peppy add this to the main post: http://www.microsoft.com/appliedscience ... gDemo.aspx so everyone can properly try.
Andrea

woc2006 wrote:

Andrea wrote:

Only 4 keys, sadly.
keyboard type?
Okay nevermind that, I can do 8 keys normally now.
DJPop
Lieselotte
Shenyin
6 and 8.
Soaprman
I can... usually get six keys but it's kind of finicky about which keys I'm holding when I press other ones and whether I press them at the same time or with a slight delay. I voted 5 in the poll because there are quite a few six-key combinations that don't work. When I press all eight at once, none of them are registered until I let go of some.

Razer BlackWidow, basic model, a few years old.
show more