forum

Friend Challenges

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +8
Topic Starter
[BlinK]
What is says on the title.

Challenge your friends to beat scores.

Will take suggestions. But here are mine

1) Should be #announce'ed. Create channel called #Challenge for this. IE. Thanks Mavv [BlinK] has beaten XXXXXXXX in a challenge on (Song)
2) Add it to recent activity. [BlinK] has challenged XXXXXX to (Song) & [BlinK] has beaten XXXXXXXX in a challenge on (Song) on both profiles.
3) Add an option to auto decline challenges from non-mutual friends.
4) Can have a "deadline" IE. The deadline is set to the 4th of Feb. and it is the 1st of Feb. I have to beat the score before the 4th of Feb or lose.
5) Intended to be playable on solo
6) Make players own challenges appear in #userlog

Oinari-sama wrote:

Hmm I see potential in this. This may increase play counts considerably between rivals.

Assuming spamming isn't a problem, eg a separate #challenges is in effect, a player is likely to "return the favour" immediately after his score got beaten by a rival player. The rivals now get a chance to spectate while this player tries to retake the lead. Imagine if the spectator can have his/her scores displayed while spectating the active player (see this Request)...sounds exciting to me!

TheVileOne wrote:

!duel <insert name> <troll message> I challenge ye to a slap battle of the ages. First out of 3 wins.

Challenge stats show up in your userlog. Displaying them in your profile/publically probably wouldn't be a good idea, because you can just endlessly exploit wins to your record.

This would be an amusing idea.
Kurokami
This is already working in a way.
1. Your friend played a map, got 10 million score
2. he/she saved the replay (just because he/she wasn't got inside the #40)
3. He/she send that replay to you (you watch it then his/her record will be on your own scores list)
4. You play 'till beat that score
5. Wohooo You are better than your friend \o/

Or something like this. This will not be public but its still a challenge.
Topic Starter
[BlinK]

Kurokami wrote:

This is already working in a way.
1. Your friend played a map, got 10 million score
2. he/she saved the replay (just because he/she wasn't got inside the #40)
3. He/she send that replay to you (you watch it then his/her record will be on your own scores list)
4. You play 'till beat that score
5. Wohooo You are better than your friend \o/

Or something like this. This will not be public but its still a challenge.
Yes, but is there a way to implement this into the game.

I know there is multi 1v1, but we all know everyone chokes now and then.

And maybe have something on your profile that says

Challenges won: 4
Challenges lost: 2
Challenges accepted: 6

Ect ect.
Flower
Generally I am against this idea. This is interesting, but it will spam #announcement. Also you can challenge others in multiplayer, while the scores are also recorded on the server. Referring to deadline-set challenge, I think Kurokami's suggestion is good enough.
Rokk
The amount of spam on #announce would skyrocket. Although the amount of Challenges won/lost as profile feature would be interesting.
[Kanzaki Ranko]
#challenges being openable optionally, anyone?
Yarissa
A #challenges channel would be a great option. You could always close it if you didn't want the spam.
Oinari-sama
Hmm I see potential in this. This may increase play counts considerably between rivals.

Assuming spamming isn't a problem, eg a separate #challenges is in effect, a player is likely to "return the favour" immediately after his score got beaten by a rival player. The rivals now get a chance to spectate while this player tries to retake the lead. Imagine if the spectator can have his/her scores displayed while spectating the active player (see this Request)...sounds exciting to me!
Topic Starter
[BlinK]
Added your opinions into the OP.

Mavv's #Challenge idea Added

Oinari-sama's opinion added.
theowest
We used to have a bunch of small achievements on the test build for a while, but I think they were hidden much like the current achievements, so you don't really know how to get them.
t/107625/
Achievements makes for some fun challenges.
TheVileOne
!duel <insert name> <troll message> I challenge ye to a slap battle of the ages. First out of 3 wins.

Challenge stats show up in your userlog. Displaying them in your profile/publically probably wouldn't be a good idea, because you can just endlessly exploit wins to your record.

This would be an amusing idea.
Spare
i rly want this Support !<3
Topic Starter
[BlinK]
Added TheVileOne's !duel idea.

Ty Spare <3