forum

Just trying to figure out sliders, are there any notable settings I need to change?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NoHaxNoSkill
I have been trying to make a map, but every time I just quit (usually due to sliders being annoying) Im obviously doing something wrong, I have to click to make the first part of the slider, then move the mouse to the side of the screen before adding any points and the minimum length of the slider is like half the screen. What am I doing wrong, all the tutorials I have watched dont even talk about this. I have also completely reinstalled osu! with no luck. I have had similar issues for a while and it is really annoying.
Serizawa Haruki
I've been having similar issues with placing sliders, but only in the past few months so I'm guessing this is a bug that was introduced with an editor update some time ago. For me the problem is that if I want to "complete" the slider by adding a second anchor, the slider is deleted immediately no matter if I right click directly or first left click and then right click. I can get around it by placing more anchors or waiting a few seconds before right clicking but it's still annoying.
DeletedUser_5153421
You can use slider merger in mapping tools to make it a bit easier for more complex shapes. To make a slider, you left click to create the points (double click for a sharp angle) in order, and right click to complete the slider. If needed, you always have to add anchors (with ctrl + left click) between the points after initial creation of the slider. Hope I understood this correctly, and this helps.

Edit: Oh I get what you mean. Turn your beatsnap divisor up in the top right. And if you right click on a length too short to complete a slider within the beatsnap you have, it thinks you cancelled creating the slider.
Zelzatter Zero
you beat snap divisor was changed to 1/2 or 1/1 for some reason.

pishifat's vidoes probs already discussed about this. Basically what you have to do is change that value to at least 1/4 by moving the cursor at the top right in the editor