forum

Updating Map issues

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MashedPotato
Hello everyone! So I have this map that I have posted a while ago (Here's the link)

Recently, I want to make some amends to the map and make a new difficulty to this however, I ran into an issue. So I tried to upload the map, the beatmapset ID changes for some reason.

Here is before I upload:

Here is after I press ctrl+shift+u:

Not only ctrl+shift+u will cause the beatmapsetID to change, here is some of the things I did that cause the beatmapsetID to change:
- Making any change in the beatmap (metadata/note placements)
- Going in the editor of the map (somehow?)

I tried to do things such as trying to change the beatmapsetID in the .osu folder, deleting the map and redownloading it and make amends from there, but so far I got no results. If anyone can look into this issue any further that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot <3 (Btw I tried to look at this forum and follow the instructions but the bug is still there for some reason)

PS. I know that deleting the graveyarded map is the solution here but I want to keep the playcounts because I am a bit of a freak if nothing else works then sure I'll have to resort to this solution.
Zelzatter Zero
Topic Starter
MashedPotato

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Give this a read: community/forums/topics/325639

This applies for beatmap that you don't own, in my case it's that I already uploaded the map but when I tried to update the map, somehow the beatmapsetID changes for some reason and treats it as a completely new mapset so yea. Though I did give it a run but the same problem still happens.
Zelzatter Zero
You uploaded with the unsubmitted one right? Try to rename them back as 0 and -1 and try to update them through the one you've already submitted.