forum

Multiplayer : No Video Feature Switch on Match Setup Screen [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +16
Topic Starter
AozakiTouko_old
Just as the subject says.

Due to a friend of mine having severe issues with videos on her computer she can only play with the video disabled. That said I feel like it'd be much easier on her and others if the switch to turn off video were on the Multiplayer Setup screen rather than something you have to do before the beginning of every single song. I don't really have the knowledge of how difficult it could be---but I hope this isn't something that'd take a lot of work. In the end however it'd be more convenient for people if they could turn off video and keep it off in multiplayer via a switch like this...as opposed to what having to do it for every song at the beginning could be like.
Benetnasch
I agree! There are only a few seconds given at the start of the video to change the option, and I don't always get it the first time. I've had to fail a map just to actually go back and edit the settings on solo play. You can't do this in multi, obviously. So it would be nice if the option were still given in multi - especially to cut it down into one big sum. That was the only way I could play videos in multi before I cleared up my lagging problem.
Yukkine_old
you can disable video in general 'Options' as i remember. so in the popup settings window (no subject it is multiplayer or single play) the tick on disabling video will be immortal and you will not have to push it all of the time

i'm not sure about this because i cannot run my PC for now, but as i remember it should works as it works for me o:
theowest
If you have any video problems, disable all videos in options. It's as simple as that. If individual users in a multiplayer room wants to disable the video on a map, let them do so by clicking on the already existing "Mods" button.

Invalid.
deadbeat

theowest wrote:

If you have any video problems, disable all videos in options. It's as simple as that.
denying cause this is true. if your having video troubles is osu!, it'd be easier to just disable them completely, not just for multiplayer
MillhioreF

theowest wrote:

If individual users in a multiplayer room wants to disable the video on a map, let them do so by clicking on the already existing "Mods" button.
This is no longer true; the No Video mod is gone now, and the Mods button is totally useless for everyone who's not the host. The former reasons still hold water, though.
Oinari-sama
This is a related thread if you are interested.
TheVileOne
Why can't you toggle that option with a key press? That's a worthwhile suggestion in my opinion.