forum

Problems with my first Beatmap(osu!mania)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Inosolis
So basically I've been wanting to start making osu!mania beatmaps. Although my osu!mania and general osu! skill is non-existent, I've been playing other down-scrolling, 4 key rhythm games. So I do have knowledge. So far my beatmap is pretty alright, also really hard. I just want to know how I should rank my difficulties when making beatmaps and what process to go through when giving your beatmap a difficulty. If you're willing to help just reply here! Thanks!
abraker
ranked works like this:

1) Any map submitted can go for rank, regardless what section it is in. Modders are more likely to look at maps in pending because those indicate a finished product going for ranked. You can easily ungraveyard a map by updating it, so that's non factor. People don't go searching for maps to rank, the mapper goes searching for people to rank the map.

2) Make sure your map follows the ranking criteria detailed here: help/wiki/Ranking_Criteria. The ranking criteria has a general section and gamemode specific sections. Rules need to be followed no matter what, and guidelines are interpreted as rules in 99% of cases, otherwise it takes some extremely convincing arguments to break.

3) Have people look at your map and suggest changes. This is for other people to catch mistakes you didn't catch yourself. Best way to do that is posting in the appropriate threads here: community/forums/60. This is also probably the most frustrating part of ranking a map because many modders (people who looks at maps and request changes) have specific preferences regarding what maps they want to see. It may happen that your map doesn't fit the tastes of any modder, in which case you'll either need to make sure it has no mistakes on your own or find someone somewhere who will provide feedback on the map.

4) The map needs to have enough hype to indicate people actually want it ranked. A beatmap needs at least 5 hype to be qualified for nomination. There is a button on beatmap discussions that allows people to hype a map, indicating a "vote" that they want to see it ranked.

5) After you feel confident that your map has no mistakes, follows the ranking criteria, and has enough hype, you can ask a beatmap nominator to nominate it. You need 2 nominations for a map to be qualified. A list of mania BN can be found here: help/wiki/People/Beatmap_Nominators

6) After your map is qualified it will remain qualified for around a week or so for people to play it, take a look at it, etc to make sure it really REALLY has no mistakes. If there are mistakes, then it becomes disqualified and you will need to repeat step 3 again.

7) If your map has not been disqualified within that amount of time, then congratz, it's ranked!