forum

[CLOSED] Davvy's Taiko modding queue (NM/M4M)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Davvy
Please notice that I am NOT a taiko BN but a mania one. I will be only accepting taiko requests here.

If you wish to request something you must use the following template:

Artist - Title:
M4M or NM:
Difficulties:
BPM:
Genre:
Beatmap link:

Lastly in your request I want you to provide me a quick and concise description of your map and why you chose the song. If you don't follow this your request will be automatically denied.

Genre preferences are mostly metal, rock, IDM and jazz genres. If your map has variable timing there's a high likelihood I will accept it.

M4M is prioritized, and if you wish to do a M4M the map that I want modded is this: https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1271222#taiko/2641742

If you wish to know whether your request was denied or accepted, message me on PM or discord DMs, my username on discord is Davvy#7938.
Nijika Ijichi
Artist - Title: The Tender Box - Spectacular Spider-Man Theme (TV Size)
M4M or NM: NM
Difficulties: kantan futsuu muzu oni
BPM: 145 (mapped in 1/3)
Genre: english rock/pop
Beatmap link: beatmapsets/1260837#taiko/2620999

1/3 map with a lot of SVs and heavy finisher usage. patterning is fairly simple and certain sounds are emphasized with 1/6 since the rhythm itself is very simple. song choice was simply because it sounded good but also because i thought it would support a lot of overmapping with the 1/6

thanks!
TheKingHenry
double mode BN when

EDIT: did you just drop a Blotted Science track as the M4M option lmao
Heaxys
Artist - Title: Fleshgod Apocalypse - Marche Royale + In Aeternum (7 minutes 23)
M4M or NM: I can M4M but in some days only
Difficulties: Conquest (6.95*)
BPM: 150 but mapped in 1/3 and 1/6, so it's played as a 225BPM
Genre: Metal
Beatmap link: beatmapsets/1249644

This is the intro and the upcoming song of the album "King" of the band ; that's why I grouped both songs together.
I really love the epicness of these songs so I tried to transliterate this into the map, with a few quick SV changes and some long streams ; you can hit me up on Discord at Heaxys ♪♫#5931 if you're interested, thank you !
k a t a g i r i
Artist - Title: MY FIRST STORY - Kimi No Uta
M4M or NM: NM (i can m4m but im kinda bruh in modding)
Difficulties: 1 collab diff
BPM: 110
Genre: J-Rock
Beatmap link: beatmapsets/1256361#taiko/2610846

This is collab with Saxarok. Slow, chill map. I chose this song because im "MY FIRST STORY" fan and i like this songgg
Eyenine
Artist - Title: Chroma - Destroy, Destroy, Destroy The Happy End
Difficulties: Oni, Inner Oni
BPM: 218
Genre: Speedcore (?)
Beatmap link: beatmapsets/1265951#taiko/2635896

Streams of mostly 4/1 to 8/1 length with some 1/6 bursts and finisher SV sections. Track seemed interesting to map, and I had some ideas, so I mapped it.

Thanks~
SaltyLucario
cute queue owo
Antti
Hi.

Artist - Title: EPICA - The Solace System
Difficulties: Oni and Inner Oni
BPM: 152
Genre: Symphonic Metal
Beatmap link: beatmapsets/1269457

This map contains some SV changes, but they are quite calm. As difficulties, Oni is quite simple to play, Inner Oni has some more SV changes. They are mostly mapped with 1/2s and 1/4s including some 1/6s.
I chose the song, because I love symphonic metal; it's one of my favourite genres. I discovered EPICA quite recently too, and picked this song, because it stood out the most for me in the featured artist lists.

Thanks in advance~
HEAVENLY MOON
Artist - Title: Imy - Synapse
Difficulties: kantan, futsuu, muzukashii, oni, yasuhos connection (inner)
BPM: 130
Genre: rock/metal instrumental
Beatmap link: beatmapsets/1272578#taiko/2644312

the most intense part of each of the diffs is the intro. some parts have 1/6 in the top diffs. i chose this song because
1. i had to map something for my mentor
2. i fucking love imy, and instrumental rock/metal

ty v much :)
Default Guy
Artist - Title: Little Big - Hypnodancer
Difficulties: FMO
BPM: 142
Genre: Electronic
Beatmap link: beatmapsets/1273499#taiko/2646301
Konpaku Sariel
Artist - Title: Camellia feat. Nanahira - Amor De Verao
Difficulties: Kantan, Futsuu, Muzukashii, Oni, Summer Oni
BPM: 138
Genre: 熱帯 THE BASS
Beatmap link: beatmapsets/1274440#taiko/2648108

Deathwing1306
Hey!

Artist - Title: DragonForce - Heartbreak Armageddon
M4M or NM: Maybe M4M, but for now lets do it as NM.
Difficulties: Tatsujin
BPM: 150-195
Genre: Metal
Beatmap link: beatmapsets/1261495#taiko/2622236

Just a normal DF taiko map and the reason why I chose this song is because its not ranked yet in taiko and not even in std and because its DF and I love DF songs.
polina4096
Artist - Title: Yousei Teikoku - filament (TV Size)
M4M or NM: M4M
Difficulties: Futsuu, Muzukashii, CrayZeei's Oni
BPM: 85 (170)
Genre: Anime/J-rock
Beatmap link: beatmapsets/1263463#taiko/2642546

The map is a J-rock TV-Size 1:27 second ending of a quite popular anime - Mirai Nikki. It has some simple SV and volume changes, but puts the focus on representation of the song using some clever patterning in conjunction with interesting rhythm choices. The highest difficulty of the set is around 3.6*, so it's fairly easy and oriented toward beginner taiko players.

I chose this song, because I like it. Yeah, that's pretty much all there's to it. I'm usually more towards stuff like grindcore, death metal or even breakcore/lolicore, but once I've heard this one I immediately knew I had to map it.
dopaminos
Artist - Title: Dramble Blasters - Intoxication Advice
M4M or NM: NM (m4m only mania/std)
Difficulties: Futsuu/Muzukashii
BPM: 190
Genre: Breakcore
Beatmap link: beatmapsets/1265602#taiko/2649072
_
Set maybe (50/50) will be splitted
CYDER
Artist - Title: Sporty-O - Let Me Hit It (Audiostalkers Original Mix) (Cut Ver.)
Difficulties: Kantan, Futsuu, Muzukashii, Oni
BPM: 128
Beatmap link: beatmapsets/1252988#taiko/2604023

*Length: 0:31 seconds

This is my second taiko map. Song is short and simple, the second part of the song is meant to be a bit different from the first. The song was chosen due to its simplicity and how short it is.
G3NI0US
Hello!
Artist - Title: Muse - Madness
Difficulties: Love
BPM: 180
Genre: Alternative Rock
Beatmap link: beatmapsets/1269001#taiko/2637149

I really like Muse in general, but I just discovered this song recently that I ignored in the past years because it sounded too "techno" in the beginning but it's just different from old Muse (I ended up loving it lol). I overmapping this diff quite a bit and got inconsistent on what I mapped and what not at like the guitar part and a little before that (Also I have problems trying to make the beginning not clunky to play while making it not too monotone), and want some feedback on it. Also I plan to make some extra diffs later on but first want to get this one right :)
doulph
Artist - Title: Camellia & Toby Fox - Flying Through A Starry Sky
Difficulties: kantan, futsuu, muzukashii, oni
BPM: 117-153
Genre: Electronic (8-bit, gameboy)
Beatmap link: beatmapsets/1258670#taiko/2616409

This is my first map, I chose this because of the artists (toby and camellia collab, from a small game made by temmie) and thought it was interesting to have a taiko map of this genre (3/4 waltz).

The map also introduced a lot of mapping concepts to me all at once as a new mapper, such as bpm and sv changes, and learning to map properly with different intensities (map is a loop of the same melody, second half is mapped similarly but slightly harder than the first half), spread consistency, proper breaks, etc.

Thanks!
Coreyolk
Deleted
Servatory
Artist - Title: Penoreri - Monochrome and Vivid
Difficulties: Pearl Rain
BPM: 42-176 (mostly 176)
Genre: Electronic Orchestral Instrumental
Beatmap link: beatmapsets/1184258#taiko/2468757

I actually really love to do M4M but looking at the map of your choice, I'm kinda not a fan of such complex and abstract song. Anyway, the map was supposedly this long because it actually is 3 songs merged into one. This brings up different vibe and colors in each part. Very easily one of the song i really love even tho it's really long.

I tried to use sv according to the pitch and make it smooth on gameplay. It is actually a lot of work to do with the sv, nevertheless it's really an amazing song and i just can't make it mild like just putting in notes and done. I will feel guilty leaving it like that.

This map is insprired by the Mania version mapped by ruka MnV
Jonarwhal
Artist - Title: Magnetude - I'm for You
Difficulties: K,F,M,O,IO
BPM: 174
Beatmap link: https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1261647#taiko/2622519

The map is just a simple map for the mappers guild quest because I like the song and wanted a playable version in Taiko. Thank u
show more