forum

The accuracy percent going up instead of down [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
MegaApple_Pi
I would like to see the accuracy of your percent start at 00.00% then go up as to 100.00% (NOT starting at 100.00% then maybe go down a-bit and go up a bit...) Would this be possible to do?
An Example would be: your percent starts at zero in the beginning, then as you click the circles, and complete the spinners and sliders you percent goes up. :arrow: BUT if you had a miss, then your percent doesn't go up nor down, it would stay the same until you click onto the circles etc.
[Kanzaki Ranko]
What exactly do you mean?
Like, on a song with 100 notes, it starting at 0.00%, then a 300 at the first note getting you up to 1.00%, then a 100 on the second one getting you to 1.33% and so on?
VoidnOwO
:)
Topic Starter
MegaApple_Pi
Removed
Hanyuu
i think its better too to see the hit accuracy% increasing song start 0% song end 100% but
theowest
it's a reasonable request considering how many other rhythm games does this
Oinari-sama
I prefer current display over the proposed though. Reason being that current system gives me a clear indication of how well I'm doing at the moment, while the proposed system doesn't give the same indication without the user being familiar with the map (ie knowing how many % each 300x note is worth, then do maths in their head just to know whether they're ahead or behind the target at any given point in time).
Ohrami
What I always wanted was for the accuracy to start with 100% and go down as you mess up. Say, for example, if you get a miss on a song with 100 objects, you would have 99% from then on. I think it'd be easier to track exactly how accurate I wanted to be for the play.
TheVileOne
This would be annoying. There would be noway to know how well we're doing in a map.
ZeroEightOne
NO.
theowest

TheVileOne wrote:

This would be annoying. There would be noway to know how well we're doing in a map.

Oinari-sama wrote:

I prefer current display over the proposed though. Reason being that current system gives me a clear indication of how well I'm doing at the moment, while the proposed system doesn't give the same indication without the user being familiar with the map (ie knowing how many % each 300x note is worth, then do maths in their head just to know whether they're ahead or behind the target at any given point in time).
This is why I would love this. I love to just try my best and find out later. Play the whole map over and over again until I get the best accuracy. You don't simply pause while playing DDR or some of those rhythm games.
I find this much more efficient when trying to learn the map, you will have to play the full map over and over again, but in the long run, you would've learned more than if you retried everytime you got a miss.

You can always notice if you've missed or gotten bad accuracy by not looking at the accuracy.
TheVileOne
That is not a reason to include this. Personal preference does not weigh one idea over another idea. The current way of handling accuracy is more consistent with how accuracy is handled on a game wide basis, and far more games use the current method of accuracy.It also makes logical sense.

Think of how awkward it would be to describe how well you're doing if this were implemented. We would have to reference how far into the song we are in order for our number to make any sense. It we're half way through the game, 40% accuracy would be 80% in the current system, but 40% at 75% is 53% accuracy. If you think checking your accuracy was distracting before, now you'll have to check your accuracy, know how many objects are in the song, and how far you're into a song, and factor these in your head to determine how well you're doing. I'll just tell you, it's going to be very hard to figure whether you're running a B or an A under this system. Tell me how this is a better system and I will consider not marking this as invalid.
Ohrami

TheVileOne wrote:

That is not a reason to include this. Personal preference does not weigh one idea over another idea. The current way of handling accuracy is more consistent with how accuracy is handled on a game wide basis, and far more games use the current method of accuracy.It also makes logical sense.

Think of how awkward it would be to describe how well you're doing if this were implemented. We would have to reference how far into the song we are in order for our number to make any sense. It we're half way through the game, 40% accuracy would be 80% in the current system, but 40% at 75% is 53% accuracy. If you think checking your accuracy was distracting before, now you'll have to check your accuracy, know how many objects are in the song, and how far you're into a song, and factor these in your head to determine how well you're doing. I'll just tell you, it's going to be very hard to figure whether you're running a B or an A under this system. Tell me how this is a better system and I will consider not marking this as invalid.
Because it's optional.
Oinari-sama

theowest wrote:

This is why I would love this. I love to just try my best and find out later. Play the whole map over and over again until I get the best accuracy. You don't simply pause while playing DDR or some of those rhythm games.
I find this much more efficient when trying to learn the map, you will have to play the full map over and over again, but in the long run, you would've learned more than if you retried everytime you got a miss.

You can always notice if you've missed or gotten bad accuracy by not looking at the accuracy.
I'll just quote someone else's post:

From forum/t/115355
jemhuntr
no. this looks more like a progress bar instead of a way of measuring accuracy. The current behavior is way better than this one. although, I don't think this should be an invalid request. This is technically not invalid, since it's possible to implement this. But having this would annoy a lot of users, which makes it a toggle, which makes it less likely to be implemented.
TheVileOne
It's invalid, because there's no benefit or sense to this idea. It would essentially be a downgrade and the only argument for is because some users don't like looking at their accuracy in game, which has already been considered an invalid argument by peppy.
jemhuntr
it's more of a [useless] than [invalid]. An invalid thread can't be implemented due to certain circumstances. this request is do-able, it's just not worth implementing since most people doesn't want it implemented.
MillhioreF
In addition to all of that, this thread is actually a duplicate. Most people didn't agree with that request either.
t/17864
Topic Starter
MegaApple_Pi
Removed
deadbeat
there is a search box at the bottom of the page for searching :)
much easier than checking the forum page by page >_<