forum

Hitomi Shimatani - Destiny ~Taiyou no Hana~

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sk3ith90
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 4:15:49 PM

Artist: Hitomi Shimatani
Title: Destiny ~Taiyou no Hana~
BPM: 73
Filesize: 7772kb
Play Time: 03:54
Difficulties Available:
  1. Insane (5 stars, 665 notes)
  2. Normal (2.27 stars, 206 notes)
Download: Hitomi Shimatani - Destiny ~Taiyou no Hana~
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My 1st map... XD
Rearmed
I tried your beatmap. I think its great. The timing looks perfect. It's awesome that this is your first map. It's a shame no one's looked at it yet.

One problem I did find though is distance between some beat circles is a little off. Perhaps you did this on purpose? It looks like you used distance snapping but disabled it at some parts. If turned you turned off distance snap at certain parts in order to make the beatmap look nice I guess it's not a problem then since the map was definitely playable.
Topic Starter
sk3ith90
Thx 4 d compliment.... im still confused with the position of the beat circles... >,<
maybe u can help me edit it.... :D
Rearmed
You don't really help with it because it's pretty simple to fix. Besides a lot of the personality of a map comes from object placement. (also I don't know how to attach stuff onto posts)

I'll walk you through it though. First look on the right side of the screen and make sure that "distance snap" is turned on. If you like working with the grid then turn on "grid snap" if it isn't already. Then go to the top and click on "view" then "grid level" and choose 3.

Distance snap calculates how far circles and sliders are from each other based on how many beats they are from each other and how fast the song goes. Like if two beat circles occur 1/4 a beat from each other it wouldn't make sense if they are on opposite sides of they screen. They should be much closer together.

Now to fix the distancing make sure on the left side of the screen "select" is...uh selected. Go to your first beat circle and place it wherever you want, if you already like where it is that's fine. Now select the second beat circle, it should automatically position itself to the calculated distance. You can then place the beat circle within a fixed radius that falls into that calculated distance. Then repeat that with every circle and slider.

Sliders can be a little more tricky to distance snap. Sometimes you won't be able to move them at all, in which case erase the slider and make another one. Another problem with sliders is that their shape may no longer "flow" (if that makes sense) with the beatmap after you distance snapped the the stuff around them. If that happens just erase the slider and draw it another way.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.