forum

Official Osu Multiplayer Tournament

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dakeyrus
Osu Multiplayer Tournament – Date To Be Decided

Introduction:

Osu Multiplayer Tournament! Compete against your friends and the osu community as a whole in this upcoming event. The basic structure of the tournament will be a simple elimination style series of multiplayer games, until only one player remains. Fairly simple in concept, and fairly dynamic to plan and manage.

Outline:

The Osu Multiplayer Tournament will be run purely through the online multiplayer service, adhering to the default “Score” based rankings. Each game will be hosted by a member of the Tournament Committee, (more on this later), and run on a purely randomized basis. Therefore, no one game will be capable of holding any more than 7 players at once, the 8th spot reserved for the host.

Now rather than explain how it will work, I will illustrate an example:

21 players sign up to play in the tournament.

In the event of 21 players, three games would begin at the same time, each hosted by a member of the Tournament Committee. Each game would have 7 players. The host will then be required to choose a *RANDOM* beatmap for the contestants to play. At the end of each game, the scores will be compared, and the lowest scoring player, or the first to fail will be eliminated from the game.

As the tournament progresses and players are eliminated, eventually the games will be merged together. The tournament will progress in this format, until there are only two players remaining.

At the point of the head-to-head match between the two surviving contestants, a BRAND NEW beatmap NEVER BEFORE PLAYED will be used for the showdown. The showdown will be best 2/3, the winner taking the rewards.

Rewards:

Current, the rewards are being worked out among BAT members and peppy. So far, it's shaping up to look like this:

- Custom Forum Title
- Exclusive Tournament Winner's Medal (Added to your profile)
- Possible others, still discussing.

These are subject to change, as it is still in discussion.

Tournament Committee:

If you're not currently a BAT member, don't ask to sit in on the Tournament Committee. I mean no offense to normal users, but we have a tight knit group of trustworthy individuals within the BAT members, it's just a precaution. Normal users may be considered, but I will ask you, not the other way around.

-----

Current Tournament Committee Members:

1 - Dakeyrus
2 - Ivalset
3 - Cyclone
4 - Vytalibus

-----

**UPDATE**:

My apologies to everyone for the lack of progress with this tournament. The short and sweet of it is this:

- My computer died, completely. I had to shell out $400 I didn't really have in order to replace the parts that died. In doing so, I was also forced to reformat.

- In reformatting, I lost EVERY song I had one osu. It's going to take me at LEAST a few days in order to get my collection of Ranked songs back again. My apologies for this.

- In light of the fact that the CtB Tournament sounds, according to DxS and may have changed, like it's almost ready to go, I believe the safest thing to do would be to let the CtB tourney run, and start this one thereafter.

All of this said, my new aim date for getting the tournament up and running will be around the END of May, possibly early June.

Tentatively, I will use the times ALREADY POSTED in order to determine the ideal tournament times. DUE TO THE CHANGE OF ETA IN THE START DATE, PLEASE POST ANY REVISED TIME FRAMES FOR YOUR PERSONAL PARTICIPATION.

Again, sorry, and thanks for the help so far.
Topic Starter
Dakeyrus

To register for this upcoming tournament, merely post here saying you are interested. However, I need a little more to work with in order to successfully choose a date that works for most users. For this, I need the aid of anyone interested in entering.

When you post saying you're interested in participating, I'd like you to also post what dates/time frame you'd most likely be available for around the END OF APRIL/EARLY MAY. Pretty much any time between April 24th to May 15th.

So please, if you are interested in joining, please post the time frame and dates that would best suit you.
Topic Starter
Dakeyrus
Post Reserved for Registration Roster

(Following is strager's st00f.)

Note: I am unsure about this -5/-4 business. I hate DST.

Page 1
Daru GMT-5 1600-2100 M-F
DeathxShinigami GMT-8 1700-2100 Su-Sa
sesito71 GMT+1 1700-2100
strager GMT-5 1800-2100 Su-Sa
heintsi GMT+2 1600-0400 M-F
Zatoichi GMT-5 2000-2200 Su,T,Th-Sa
Detective_Tuesday GMT-4 1700-2300 M-F
timotmcc GMT-5 1800-2100 Su-Sa
Hanyuu GMT+1 1900-1900 Su-Sa
dmacmattack
ichikam GMT+8 1600-1600
ThePassingShadow GMT-5

Page 2
ignorethis GMT+8 2000-2130 M-F
Ayame GMT-5 1730-2200 M-F
Doomsday93 GMT 1700-2300 M-F
Fwenny GMT+2 1600- 2300 Su-Sa
Mafiamaster GMT-5 1500-2100 M-F
Ace_Of_Hearts GMT-5
james039 GMT-4 2100
foLn
Daru
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
DeathxShinigami
Any days work for me best. On weekdays between 5-9 pm and on weekends any time is fine. Time Zone GMT -8
sesito71
I'd also like to register here =D I'm available from 5.00 PM to 9.00 P.M

GMT +1
anonymous_old
Probably May 4~15 I will be available. Around 6PM~9PM EST on week days. Any time on weekends.
Probably the early June dates I will be available. Around 6PM~9PM EST on week days. Any time on weekends.

That is, I am signing up. =>
heintsi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Zatoichi
I'm good on any days except Monday and Wednesday, 8 to 11 o'clock EST.

Download: Renard - Take Me To Space And Back (SniperSAR) [Mebinsane!].osu
Detective Tuesday
I'm in this.

It's hard to say at this point what my schedule is gonna look like 4 weeks from now. Weekdays (5 to 11ish PM EDT) are generally good, but I'll try to have something definitive asap.

Have you considered making the ranks in this based on accuracy? It'd make more sense for a tournament's purpose. That's just my humble suggestion.
timotmcc
I'll go for this.
Almost all weekdays between 6-9PM (GMT -5) and weekends most of the day
Hanyuu
I want to participate

Date doesnt matter and time for sure 7pm GMT+ and onwards most likely i can do it earlier aswell :D
dmacmattack
I'm interested. I'm available pretty much any day.
ichikam
sign me up, available after 4pm GMT +8

ThePassingShadow
Late night in EST is good...
ignorethis
hmm... i should be available every weekday on ~8:00 - 9:30 pm(I forgot to mention, GMT+8). Weekends are not available since i'll be away from home. (my schedule varies from time to time, so if anything changes, i'll make a notice here)

also, sign me up plz
[Youmu]
I'll join pretty much any day day would work, and any time before 5:30-10pm EST should be good im not sure about my work schedule on those days since it's different every week, but usually i work around that time, and for the times over the weekends i'm not exactly sure since that varies, ill get back to ya on that when the week comes, and for my school schedule it varies from 9am-1:15+pm Est
Doomsday
Fwenny
I would like to participate. :D

Im not sure for a time since stuff can change, but I believe that after 4PM till around 11PM I can be free to play. :)

(The time now is 6:54 PM, so you'll know what time zone Im at)
Mafiamaster
I wanna join!

3:00 PM to 9:00 PM on week days because of school.
And on weekends (9:00 AM to 11:00 PM) are the times that I'm available. EST time.
show more