forum

[resolved] Song Thumbnails sometimes not showing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HijiriS
Problem details:
I recently downloaded a (relatively) large amount of osu beatmaps, around five thousand of them, and now some beatmaps' thumbnails are no longer showing. It was working completely fine before with twenty thousand, and it seems completely random which thumbnails are no longer showing; some maps that I had before no longer show them, some new ones have them, and it doesn't seem to change whether or not I played the map

I've tried using different skins, thumbnails are shown in settings, etc. Probably has to do with downloading the maps, it doesn't really affect gameplay but it is weird to look at so solutions would be cool!

Update: I've noticed that maps that don't show thumbnails are also showing up again in osu!direct as a map that I "haven't downloaded". Once I play the map, the thumbnail comes back and it no longer shows up in osu!direct as a map I haven't downloaded before.
Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20200918.3 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Try refreshing your list with F5 or recompiling your Database by moving the osu!.db file out of osu! while is closed.

Maps typically show up with no thumbnail because the game believes they are unsubmitted.
Topic Starter
HijiriS

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Try refreshing your list with F5 or recompiling your Database by moving the osu!.db file out of osu! while is closed.

Maps typically show up with no thumbnail because the game believes they are unsubmitted.
F5 does not work, I've tried it many times
I also tried moving osu!.db out and it did rebuild the database, but even after waiting for difficulty calculations the problem persisted

Might try reinstalling the game lol
Dntm8kmeeatu
Reinstalling most likely won't help.

When you hover over the map, does it say the map is unsubmitted until you redownload it? Does the thumbnail show up when you hover over it? or only after you redownload?
Topic Starter
HijiriS

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Reinstalling most likely won't help.

When you hover over the map, does it say the map is unsubmitted until you redownload it? Does the thumbnail show up when you hover over it? or only after you redownload?
The map shows blank icon upper left if I click it or hover it, but if I play and then exit the play it will refresh and show ranked/loved/whatever + thumbnail will come back. It also shows if I redownload the map

Edit: I just tried deleting the database file again and this time it worked. Seems like I've wasted your time since osu generated a second bad file? Thank you for your help though! Would not have thought it was in the db file. Seems like osu can mess up even when given the same maps though - all is good again.
Awakr
I have a similar problem. It specifically happens on the skin I made. The thumbnails were there when I pick a skin other than mine. I tried the above solutions but none of them worked.
Death

Awakr wrote:

I have a similar problem. It specifically happens on the skin I made. The thumbnails were there when I pick a skin other than mine. I tried the above solutions but none of them worked.
Make sure you've specified version 2.2 or higher in your skin.ini

wiki/en/Skinning/skin.ini#2.2
Andy Raikou
100% Fixrate for me:
I had the exact problem with beatmap thumbnails not showing up for a new map I've made. I simply just changed my skins and reverted back to the original and it fixes the problem. Maybe the thumbnail doesn't like unrefreshed skins ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Zelzatter Zero

Andy Raikou wrote:

100% Fixrate for me:
I had the exact problem with beatmap thumbnails not showing up for a new map I've made. I simply just changed my skins and reverted back to the original and it fixes the problem. Maybe the thumbnail doesn't like unrefreshed skins ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Look at Death's above post. It is because of the skin version specified in your skin.ini file.
Siquaal
what worked for me was that i went to osu.---.cfg then i pressed control f then searched songselectthumbnails and set it to 1