forum

ITT: We discuss biological consistencies of left and right.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vext_old
Meaning are you left or right handed and what kinda shyt do y'all do with em.

Continuing the conversation from here...

p/2059132

I felt it was interesting enough to warrant a full topic and while it seems simple, could not seem to find anything pertaining exactly to this already made. Also, no, this is not about just playing osu! it is in general.

So what all do you do with one or both hands?

As previously stated

Vext wrote:

Ambidextrous, I write with my right hand out of habit but can use either, I prefer to use a mouse in my left but tablet in my right so occasionally I will use both. Most other things I just use whichever is more convenient at the time. As for legs, my left leg has superior balance but my right leg is stronger.

Vext wrote:

Huh, I always just got on mine from whichever side it was laying on since I just sorta dropped it on the ground when I finished riding. When I would walk with it however I would always get off and walk on the left side of it. On another note, I can do hand stands with only my left hand, but if I try with only my right I can't maintain it. As well I cannot throw balls well with my left and cannot throw blades with my right.
Kanye West
Right handed and usually do most stuff with my right hand. However for some weird reason, my left arm is a lot stronger (albeit less coordinated) than my right arm. It's pretty frustrating because whenever I try to bench, I end up lifting the bar crookedly, like what the fuck
Foxtrot
My left hand is really weak, but I can't play tennis or badminton with my right hand, so I use the left.
Aeidxst

Aeidxst wrote:

I write both handed, draw both handed and sometimes I switch the mouse to left. So, from which side I get on the bike?

Jump from backside!
silmarilen

silmarilen wrote:

mhh
i write left handed, i hold my mouse in my right hand (would hold tablet in right hand aswell if i had one) i use scissors with my right hand, i played baseball left handed, i get on my bike from the left side (like a right handed person). my left leg is stronger and has better balance. its easier for me to hold things with my right hand than with my left hand. i hold my cup in my right hand when drinking.
and probably more.
playing baseball as a left handed is funny, because pitchers arent used to it, and you are right between the catcher and first base so he cant see whats happening there when someone is on first base.

also a left hand pitcher is great because they throw from the outside in for right handed hitters so its harder for them to hit. and they can throw pickoffs at first base really easily.
jjrocks
Well coming for a left handers perspective it kind of depends on the activity and what I've grown up with. I write left handed (though at a young age I could do both), I use the mouse with my right hand, I use my phone with either my right or left, use utensils with my left handed (except for those knives), I was grown up to play football with my right foot even though I found out later that I am left footed.

In most other sports it depends on what actions are taken, if I'm using a tool or a piece of equipment I use my left hand, but for games where I use a ball I go with my right hand.

I've kind of summarized most of my hand usage with this: Left is for skill, precision, and balance. Right is for raw power.

By the way, good topic Vext <3
Kaona
I write with my left hand, I play sports with my left hand but I throw with my right hand. I use a fork in my left hand but if I'm cutting something up then I'll put the knife in my left hand and the fork in my right hand then switch the fork to my left hand when I actually eat. I use my mouse with my right hand, as well as scissors. I hold things like cups, phones and items in general with my left hand.

I'm mainly a left handed person although things which are mainly designed for right handed people I use with my right hand I guess you could say.
Jaysaurus Rex
Left handed but only for drawing and writing, everything else i use my right hand. EVERYTHING ELSE.
Topic Starter
Vext_old

jjrocks wrote:

I was grown up to play football with my right foot even though I found out later that I am left footed.
Well you got me curious as to whether or not the hand preference relates to foot preference or not. Turns out no, being right handed will not make you be right footed and vice versa. In addition it seems around 90% of the world favors the right hand, 80% the right foot, and 70% the right eye. Never thought about the eye really, but it makes sense. Apparently the way to tell on that is simple stuff like which one do you wink with, and when you look through small things (like a telescope) which eye you use. I am left eyed it seems. As for ears since why not, I always use the phone on my left ear and if I can only have one headphone in, left as well.
Cyclohexane
I'm right-handed and right-footed for everything, and yet when I play tennis my backhand stroke is way better than my forehand one. Which is very annoying for me but also annoying for the opponent.
jjrocks

Vext wrote:

Never thought about the eye really, but it makes sense. Apparently the way to tell on that is simple stuff like which one do you wink with, and when you look through small things (like a telescope) which eye you use. I am left eyed it seems. As for ears since why not, I always use the phone on my left ear and if I can only have one headphone in, left as well.
Well that means I use my left ear for the majority of activites but for eyes...well, I've never thought about it. I feel like I would be left eyed ('cause consistency) but I think you would have to catch me in the act of it.
Kyonko Hizara
I'm ambidexterous. But I usually write with my right hand but I can write with my left if I wanted to. I sometimes switch between hands with drawing.
silmarilen
i cant write with my right hand at all. i cant even draw a straight line
UnderminE

Jaysaurus Rex wrote:

EVERYTHING ELSE.
Hee~~
Zelda
The only things I can really do with my right hand is control a mouse, use a knife, press a key for streams, and all those other everyday things that require using both hands.

I am very left-handed.
Vish024
Right-handed, right-footed.
Hika
I used to be very able to write with both hands after practicing for much of my childhood but as I grew older, my right hand became dominant over my left. This started occurring when I entered high school in which my right hand was able to take notes much faster than my left. I can barely write with my left hand now but I do wish to be able to do so. I practice sometimes on a daily basis when I'm listening to a lecture.

Often, I may use my left hand to do normal things such as drinking, eating, etc. but I use my right hand most of the time.

EDIT: This right & left stuff threw my spelling off point.
Ephemeral
i have a borked tendon in my left hand so i can't move my ring finger or my pinky properly without making gross (large) movements of either finger - means i end up typing exclusively with my index fingers :D
noneed
I'm right handed and I just tried playing the tutorial with my left hand.... I have potential! :3
Kanye West

Ephemeral wrote:

i have a borked tendon in my left hand so i can't move my ring finger or my pinky properly without making gross (large) movements of either finger - means i end up typing exclusively with my index fingers :D
can't that be fixed with surgery?
show more