forum

[Archived] What does "Enable OS TabletPC Support" exactly do?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Espionage724
I use a graphics tablet (VisTablet Penpad) with osu! and I have to double-click in order to register a single click in osu!, unless I enable Enable OS TabletPC Support from Options.

This causes a slight inconvenience issue with another Overlay program I use (Evolve; tablet clicks will passthrough the overlay into osu!, when it shouldn't) and this issue only happens when the above option is enabled.

My main question is, what does this option do exactly? I can play run other games (Dota 2, StarCraft II, Guild Wars 2) and tablet clicks will work as-intended without any special options being enabled, but why does osu! require such an option?

I'm mainly looking for some information to pass to the Evolve developers to see if there's anything they can do to work around it.
Topic Starter
Espionage724
Bump. I've tried searching around, but still wasn't really able to gather any kind of information about this command other then it being able to "correct clicks".
Topic Starter
Espionage724
Bump
MillhioreF
Please don't bump threads unless 2 weeks have passed without posting or you have new information.
Topic Starter
Espionage724

MillhioreF wrote:

Please don't bump threads unless 2 weeks have passed without posting or you have new information.
Is this really a rule? (not that I mean that offensively or anything like that; having trouble finding a list of rules, and 2 weeks seems like a good bit of time imo).

There was an Evolve update today and this issue is still present, so I'm still looking for some kind of information that could be helpful.
deadbeat
you could all ways try ask in #help
MillhioreF
peppy does read every thread in this forum, but he can't always keep up and some threads can get as old as 2 weeks without him reading them. It's not a strict rule that you can't bump before then, just a heavily recommended guideline.
Topic Starter
Espionage724
Bump
peppy
It makes osu! handle native touch events via the Microsoft Ink API, rather than the standard windows input methods (which can be unreliable for touch).
Fjiordor

peppy wrote:

It makes osu! handle native touch events via the Microsoft Ink API, rather than the standard windows input methods (which can be unreliable for touch).
\nSo if I only click via keyboard and have mouse keys disabled this option is of no importance to me?
Adorn
I'm unsure if this applies to archived threads, but this thread is 4 years old and I don't believe you're supposed to bump it.
I could be wrong though.
Dntm8kmeeatu

Flannel wrote:

I'm unsure if this applies to archived threads, but this thread is 4 years old and I don't believe you're supposed to bump it.
I could be wrong though.
It Definitely applies.

And yes, if you use mouse. No need for that option.