forum

cant get past 5 digit

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NekoKid
im at 30k right now and i just cant get enough pp to get to the land of the 4 digits. its only a 6 pp here 8 pp there and at this rate im never going to get to 4 digit. doe anybody have any maps that give a lot of pp? if so, what maps?

edit: im not a pp farmer i swear
Trialith
first off -- take it easy.
rank/pp isn't the only thing this game has to offer. the momentary excitement of getting pp from overweighted maps simply makes you think you're better than you actually are, and as a result you're only going to get more and more frustrated at the game when you don't see any gains. it's good that you set yourself goals to strive for, but obsessing over them can (and likely will) burn you out at some point.

second -- community/forums/topics/1122664
take a look at some of these maps. feel free to look around my or people around my rank's tops.
if you can't replicate a certain score, revisit the map after you consider yourself ready.
feel free to take a couple of days off, if you feel the need to.

i'm not trying to make farming sound bad, and in reality you have to do it from time to time if you want to stay competitive.
the thing about it is that you have to not do it too much (otherwise you'd get discouraged when you're stuck at a rank range with no maps left to farm) in order to have a healthy attitude towards the game.

i wish you good luck on your adventures to 4-digit! :D
[LS]PositoniX
the difference between 30k and 9,999k is huge as far as skill and pp goes. you're still very far away from 4 digit. i reccomend you climb slower and set small goals going up to 9,999k. also, the differnce of rank isnt just of pp, it's also skill. you should improve your fundamental skills over time and climb over time.

other than that good luck on your improvement
tsusai
play variety maps as much as you can, from there you can build your skill
once you have enough skill set then it is easier for you to reach 4 digit
Bobbias

PositoniX wrote:

the difference between 30k and 9,999k is huge as far as skill and pp goes. you're still very far away from 4 digit. i reccomend you climb slower and set small goals going up to 9,999k. also, the differnce of rank isnt just of pp, it's also skill. you should improve your fundamental skills over time and climb over time.

other than that good luck on your improvement

Yes, no matter how hard you farm, your skill level will cap your PP at a certain point. Once you've reached that point, the only way to get more PP/higher ranks is to improve at the game.
tgnehs
Triumph and Regret is ironically a fitting name for PP farming. Your exuberant at first over you're gain in rank, and it will take a while before you begin to look back. You'll start to realize rank is pretty meaningless and the only skill you're good at is mashing. You then dive into underweighted patterns like streams and jackhammers, and end up with scores which are months old which look appallingly terrible. You want to be a cool kid who doesn't PP farm, but your non PP skill isn't high enough to beat your old scores, and going back to mash charts is probably the only way for you to gain rank anymore. You then enter a period of rank decay and realize it would be cool to go back to the 5 digits just to mess with 4 digit PP farmers who think they're good at the game.

You wait a year for the decay.

Then two.

You begin to realize that you'll never really decay back into the 5 digits.

In a moment of frustration, you throw in the towel and farm PP for the day. You're rank dramatically rises and for a moment, you question why you even bothered to lose rank. It's so fun to farm PP and play mash charts, isn't it?

But the next moment, you look at your top scores, and realize how meaningless they are.

You triumphed, and now you regret.
Topic Starter
NekoKid
ty guys y'all are amazing <3
pizzaboy

tgnehs wrote:

Triumph and Regret is ironically a fitting name for PP farming. Your exuberant at first over you're gain in rank, and it will take a while before you begin to look back. You'll start to realize rank is pretty meaningless and the only skill you're good at is mashing. You then dive into underweighted patterns like streams and jackhammers, and end up with scores which are months old which look appallingly terrible. You want to be a cool kid who doesn't PP farm, but your non PP skill isn't high enough to beat your old scores, and going back to mash charts is probably the only way for you to gain rank anymore. You then enter a period of rank decay and realize it would be cool to go back to the 5 digits just to mess with 4 digit PP farmers who think they're good at the game.

You wait a year for the decay.

Then two.

You begin to realize that you'll never really decay back into the 5 digits.

In a moment of frustration, you throw in the towel and farm PP for the day. You're rank dramatically rises and for a moment, you question why you even bothered to lose rank. It's so fun to farm PP and play mash charts, isn't it?

But the next moment, you look at your top scores, and realize how meaningless they are.

You triumphed, and now you regret.
That's extremely specific lol