forum

How do I improve for 7k

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
vcii_vcii
I used to play o2jam as a kid so I played 7k mania very casually.
However whenever I'm stuck on about 2.5 to 3.5 stars I stop improving then I stop playing.

Anyone advice?
coakira
if you want to improve you need to play, that's all. and I'd suggest you using rates to learn harder patterns. if there are not enough charts and you're bored you can also download converts from other games or move there
Topic Starter
vcii_vcii

coakira wrote:

I'd suggest you using rates to learn harder patterns.
What do you mean by rates?

Should I constantly try to limit test or should I play "frustrating" songs until I get it perfectly?
Is there a map pack that I should definitely download? All mania map packs are mostly 4k
coakira

vcii_vcii wrote:

coakira wrote:

Should I constantly try to limit test or should I play "frustrating" songs until I get it perfectly?
Is there a map pack that I should definitely download? All mania map packs are mostly 4k
rate is speed rate, osu has DT (1.5x) and HT (0.75x) for it but you can set it by yourself using a program like funorange's osutrainer. playing stuff harder than your comfort zone sure helps, but no need to tryhard all the time, something like 10-20% harder than you can do perfectly would work best. if you can't get high acc on something but still not spamming and somewhat controlling it, it's already good for you to play. community/forums/topics/399593 you can get some packs here, BMS normal diffs and a lot of o2jam charts for example.
[LS]PositoniX

vcii_vcii wrote:

coakira wrote:

use an osu rate changer to change the rate/speed of the song
Topic Starter
vcii_vcii

coakira wrote:

playing stuff harder than your comfort zone sure helps, but no need to tryhard all the time, something like 10-20% harder than you can do perfectly would work best. if you can't get high acc on something but still not spamming and somewhat controlling it, it's already good for you to play.
That's some good advice, thanks
Bobbias
Ideally you should focus mostly on songs you can get at least an S on, with the occasional A, for the best improvement. And do not avoid any maps that have awkward/frustrating patterns.

These is some benefit to playing maps further outside your comfort zone though. Maps that are difficult to A, or even result in a high B can be good for learning how to not panic/freak out when you encounter patterns you are not used to, can help with stamina a bit, and can introduce patterns you haven't seen before. But it's best to limit how often you play maps like that, because playing them too often can teach you bad habits.

There's a stickied forum thread here that has links to a bunch of packs, including many 7k ones.