forum

Creating my first map!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mngquqa
I am fairly new to the game, and I know people don't appreciate newbies to create maps without good knowledge about the game, but I really wanted to make a level with one of my favorite songs "At the speed of light", and once I started, I realized I am making it way harder than I can beat it, at the same time, the bot says its difficulty is above 7 stars (8) which really is sad, so I was wondering if someone could help me on giving opinions and advice while I am making the level? Not necessarily all the time, at least now as a first impression on the level, I don't want it to be top tier expert, but I do realize if I want to make it exactly on beat, it will still be above my own skill level, so even if I do it alone, there is no way I can find out if the level is considered fun/annoying or hard/impossible.
blandjelly
Can you give us the link to your map?
Zelzatter Zero
The ability to play any map is one aspect to create a good map, but it doesn't matter in the long run. Just look at me or Lama Poluna as examples, especially Lama Poluna, who has like 2 ranked maps.

Of course, your first map is not gonna be good even with your opinion, but don't let it lower your motivation in mapping. Even if it's hard, don't care about it, push your mapping capability to max and try to master properly first then restrict them after. Also, don't just map one song and call it a day, map more songs, even when you can only map a part of it because that's the only way to improve your mapping skills.

There's some stuffs you may definitely will rely on/need/refer to at your mapping carreer:

pishifat's mapping tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp7-THR1EUHERrIOV4dGClCGGoLIrQtOx
mapping terminologies: help/wiki/Beatmap_Editor , help/wiki/Mapping_Techniques
Ranking Criteria: help/wiki/Ranking_Criteria