forum

midnight snacktime question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
pentaqola
i have a question on midnight snacktime, one of the best times to eat some nice food. it is also something i am planning to do in the future.

what is the best food to consume at such a time?

just so i can get a definite answer, i should be telling my preferences on the food i eat. i enjoy food with grain, this includes bread, cereal, or just anything with grain. meat is nothing special to me and veggies are just plain disgusting unless fried.

i like everything balanced, too sweet/sour/salty/bitter=bad

please give me answers if you have any, thanks!
Tad Fibonacci
In my personal experience, 3 am is the best time to be cooking and experimenting with new recipes.
Since there'll be nobody around to disturb you.

Food wise, fried rice is always nice. Bread and butter works too, delicious and literally a donkey can make them.
You could also have buttered noodles. Just cook some pasta, and then throw in a thick lob of butter and stir until it melts.
Or if you'd want something more sophisticated, then you could make some Carbonara. It's more of a full blown meal rather than a snack, but it's nice nonetheless, and somewhat simple to make.
Ashton
chips and salsa are my go to

just don't mix cream cheese with the salsa, even if the packaging says so
johnmedina999

Tad Fibonacci wrote:

That's funny. If I try to do anything at 3 AM, everyone wakes up and gets pissed.

I have to be really quiet, especially since my house is small, so that rules out the microwave oven, the toaster oven, and any real cooking involving cutting or other noise. The only thing I can use to heat anything is the stove for heating water for tea or an instant noodles cup.
abraker
Hydreigon
Evil Sonic the Hedgehog 3AM Monster, Stole my Midnight Snack (NOT CLICKBAIT)
tsyun
oh, wait... you guys have a sense of what your going to do once you get into the kitchen? I just grab whatever feels the tastiest, since it's dark, and dash back to my room hoping it wasn't an oatmeal packet
Nuuskamuikkunen

Tad Fibonacci wrote:

In my personal experience, 3 am is the best time to be cooking and experimenting with new recipes.
Nope, my mother wakes up very very easily, so it's almost impossible for me.
Even if I succeed, she somehow knows I cooked.
Caput Mortuum
cereal and milk
Flanster

abraker wrote:

hello boys and gals me mudahar
DeletedUser_6709840
Can't go wrong with potato chips.
Endaris
I like to take a slice of cheese and roll things in it. Then eat the roll.
"Things" could be any yummy (cooked) leftovers in the fridge like rice, tofu, hummus or lentil curry (my favorite roll component) or any kind of vegetable stuff like salad, cucumber or whatever.
But to be fair that's just my preferred opportunity snack regardless of time. Especially when I have good leftovers that can be rolled.

Yoghurt with honey is probably the next best thing if I'm not too hungry.
Endaris

Wei Wuxian wrote:

Can't recommend, in my experience I always feel dehydrated and bad when eating potato chips before going to bed, regardless how much water I chug before turning lights off.
DeletedUser_6709840

Endaris wrote:

Wei Wuxian wrote:

Can't recommend, in my experience I always feel dehydrated and bad when eating potato chips before going to bed, regardless how much water I chug before turning lights off.
ah, I guess that's true. As long as you have something to drink it should be fine
Topic Starter
pentaqola
thank you guys for answering my question! it is a delight to see these answers.

these answers will be helpful to me whenever i get the chance to do such a thing.

once again, thank you guys!
abraker
thank us again just to be sure the thanking has worked
Westonini

abraker wrote:

thank us again just to be sure the thanking has worked
you can never be too careful

also it's not exactly healthy nor does it contain grain, but sometimes i like ending my day with a bowl of ice cream. maybe something like mint choco, plain vanilla, or cookies and cream. fuck it i even add nuts and sprinkles to make myself feel extra special.
q9za
I have stocked up on too many ice cream for an instance like this. I've got Strawberry coated vanilla ice cream, Chocolate Ice cream, Chocolate coated chocolate ice cream with chocolate sauce inside it. And they say money can't bring you happiness, what a bunch of fools.

tsyun wrote:

oh, wait... you guys have a sense of what your going to do once you get into the kitchen? I just grab whatever feels the tastiest, since it's dark, and dash back to my room hoping it wasn't an oatmeal packet
turn on the lights, you won't regret it. I've grabbed too many hummus on my night trips.

eblf2013 wrote:

Nope, my mother wakes up very very easily, so it's almost impossible for me.
Even if I succeed, she somehow knows I cooked.
The trick is to sleep early, and wake up early. Then she can't complain why you woke her up at a time people are supposed to be awake.
johnmedina999

q9za wrote:

The trick is to sleep early, and wake up early. Then she can't complain why you woke her up at a time people are supposed to be awake.
But then it won't be a midnight snack anymore.
q9za
I mean, a snack is still good, midnight or not.
show more