forum

Watch replays played with skins. "Skin Replay"

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +7
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
So let me start this Request by saying: Who does not love to watch replays!! :3

Well, as they majority of players know, you can watch a replay by clicking the name/score of any of the players who passed the beatmap and are currently ranked in the top 40 of it.

But what if i suddenly decide to play a beatmap with lets say: The "Pac Man" skin and i pass it and rank in the top 40...
I would like to be allowed to watch that replay with the skin i used to pass it.

Giving an example: Peppy plays through the fire and flames [expert] and passes it with "Taiko Skin" (yes i know he can't do it this is just an example) and he ranks 1st! <--- i would be like: Zomg hax! and click Peppy's score to see his replay...
But once i click "watch replay" a message would pop saying: This beatmap was played using LuigiHann's Taiko skin, watch original replay / watch osu skin replay.
So you let the guy choose between watching the normal replay with normal osu skin, or watching it as it was originally played.

What if the player does not have the Taiko Skin / any skin used? <-- a message would pop saying: this replay was made with LuigiHann's Taiko skin, would you like to download the skin / watch the replay with normal osu skin?
This way you are promoting the skins in a way.

Thats my idea of the Skin Replay, you can work at it if you like and make it easier to follow.

Have fun everyone.

^^
cyanberryio

Sir Minelli wrote:

But what if i suddenly decide to play a beatmap with lets say: The "Pac Man" skin and i pass it and rank in the top 40...
I would like to be allowed to watch that replay with the skin i used to pass it.
I seriously tried to click that blue text. :o

Sir Minelli wrote:

Giving an example: Peppy plays through the fire and flames [expert] and passes it with "Taiko Skin" (yes i know he can't do it this is just an example) and he ranks 1st! <--- i would be like: Zomg hax! and click Peppy's score to see his replay...
But once i click "watch replay" a message would pop saying: This beatmap was played using LuigiHann's Taiko skin, watch original replay / watch osu skin replay.
So you let the guy choose between watching the normal replay with normal osu skin, or watching it as it was originally played.
Are you doubting peppy?

Sir Minelli wrote:

What if the player does not have the Taiko Skin / any skin used? <-- a message would pop saying: this replay was made with LuigiHann's Taiko skin, would you like to download the skin / watch the replay with normal osu skin?
This way you are promoting the skins in a way.

Thats my idea of the Skin Replay, you can work at it if you like and make it easier to follow.

Have fun everyone.

^^
I don't see a point in this idea though. Just change the skin to what you beat it with, if you really want to keep it like that, write it down or take a note of it.
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
I dont think you got my point. Not only for personal replays... But for everyone elses replays as well.
Of course i can just change to the skin, but what if i dont have the skin, or if its not my replay... How would i know if some one else used a certain skin?
Starrodkirby86
Something like this can be REALLY amusing if they played with...say Xiao's MS Paint skin or something. Of course, then it would probably have to be in the updater and all, but regardless.

I'm neutral with this idea. I don't mind it not here, I don't mind it here. You know?
peppy
Keep in mind that such a feature would not be applied retrospectively.
LuigiHann
This would be kind of neat.
FurukawaPan
It would be nice to know which skin the player used to pass the map. Seeing as certain skins can make the game easier or harder depending on visibility of its elements.

Download: Ryu - Starmine compilation (dksslqj) [g].osu
AceOfArrows
I'd love to see this option, but there's a huge problem with it:

What if you're someone like me who occasionally mixes and matches skin elements? I'm currently cheating on my own WordArt skin by using Minmal's hit/approach circles (they just look too damn good).

This would be very problematic.

Thus, as awesome as this would be, I can't see how it could possibly be implemented in any reasonable fashion.

Sorry. :(
LuigiHann
yeah it would rely on an overhaul of the skinning engine which is something peppy has thought about but would be low-priority I think.
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
Or you will just be able to watch replays with preset skins... Not "mixed / edited" skins.
"Mixed / Edited" are not there for you to download, they are skins which you make for yourself.
So you will be able to see your replay like that if you have that skins active, but the rest of the players wont see your replay like that because after all, the skin you are using is not approved, but just an invent of your own.

;)
ThePassingShadow
I'm with Ace of Hearts. I do the same sort of thing and my skins would constantly be getting messed up.