forum

[Archived] Osu folder replacement

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DeGreatest
Problem details:Can I replace osu folder from disc C to disc D without losing data and if I can how can I do it?

osu! version: Stable 20200519.1 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
You should be able to just move the entire osu! folder.
Topic Starter
DeGreatest

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

You should be able to just move the entire osu! folder.
If I move it will it work correctly?
Dntm8kmeeatu
osu! is supposed to be portable, so yeah. If you just move the entire folder it should work fine.

As long as you don't run into permission issues or anything of the sort.
DeletedUser_4050493
don't forget to show hidden folder, because there is Data folder hidden in osu! folder where ur replay is automatically saved in case u're manually moving it
Death
I wouldn't recommend moving the contents within your osu! folder manually, move the osu! folder itself instead. Then you shouldn't need to worry about the hidden files and folders within it.
Topic Starter
DeGreatest

Death wrote:

I wouldn't recommend moving the contents within your osu! folder manually, move the osu! folder itself instead. Then you shouldn't need to worry about the hidden files and folders within it.
I moved the osu folder but there were moments when program said that it can't find way to some folders and I had to remove folder and run the process again. It took me 4 hours to move osu folder. Do you know what it was? Maybe damaged files.
Death
If you know exactly what the error message said, then maybe I could guess. But your explanation is too vague otherwise.