forum

Changing keybinds for Auto in editor testmode. [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +82
Topic Starter
CXu
Yeah, what the title says. It's annoying that I can't testplay because I use a/s as my buttons of choice xD
This would probably benefit a few other people who use A as one of their buttons, as well as prevent random presses from people using zx, sd etc.
Will probably also be good for anyone testing osu!mania specific beatmaps in editor.

---

Saten wrote:

Instead of changing it to Ctrl+A, you should have the ability to change hotkeys.

those wrote:

I use "a" as one of my keybinds for osu!mania, and I can't test without having the editor enter autoplay.
she_old
I recently changed back to a/s as it works best for me, support.
Nessuka
Tab key would be best imo
rEdo
yes.
f e a r
Yeah please.
Saten
Instead of changing it to Ctrl+A, you should have the ability to change hotkeys.
Rei Hakurei
don't forget about clashing hotkeys; with keyboard layout from every mode
TheVileOne

Ijah wrote:

^This
Kuro

Ijah wrote:

I think so too but adding the option to change its key binding would satisfy everyone :D
Drafura
Ctrl-a select all objects. Tab would be better.
Topic Starter
CXu
I'm not talking about inside editor, I'm talking about when you hit f5 and you're testing your beatmap.
Also, I'm fine with any unused button, really, but ctrl+a is the hotkey for auto in the song selection menu, so I thought it would make the most sense :P .
theowest

CXu wrote:

I'm not talking about inside editor, I'm talking about when you hit f5 and you're testing your beatmap.
Also, I'm fine with any unused button, really, but ctrl+a is the hotkey for auto in the song selection menu, so I thought it would make the most sense :P .
that could be the default and if you want to change the key binding you should be able to.
Saten
There might be some who doesn't wanna hold two keys for that. And suddenly change that when 99% of the mappers uses A would be misleading imo
While in test mode you are actually closer to the song, so a single key would be better imo

So simply change the hotkey would be the best solution imo
kriers

Saten wrote:

There might be some who doesn't wanna hold two keys for that. And suddenly change that when 99% of the mappers uses A would be misleading imo
While in test mode you are actually closer to the song, so a single key would be better imo

So simply change the hotkey would be the best solution imo
I was trying to reverse my slider. The horror!
Drafura

CXu wrote:

Oh I missunderstood sorry. Yes I agree "A" is a really bad choice cause it can overlap with keybidings for gameplay.
Kurosanyan
All of my support for this.
I'm the kind of mapper that testplay a lot his maps to see if there's bad patterns and I can't do it in editor mode.
It's even worse since I'm mapping a Marathon map now and I have to play the whole thing if I want to test it.
peppy
Are you saying there is a conflict with your bindings or something? This is kind of ambiguous.
Topic Starter
CXu
Well basically, if you have left/right button binded to A, or say, testing osu!mania or whatever in the editor's test mode, you turn on Auto.
formi
I have the same problem.

My "Left Click" is bound to A, so i can't test beatmaps within the editor.
-> If i do it activates the autoplay mod...

Either just change the Autoplay mod keybinding (CTRL+A sounds useful) or let us change every single one.
asaink
Support!
Please add this!
TicClick
All of my yes.
boat
Might aswell add in that I got the very same issue.
Mira-san
I have no stars but +Support

I'm tired of changing my keybinds everytime I test my maps. :(
peppy
The autoplay toggle will now use Tab if you are using a gameplay binding on the A key in the future.
theowest
I'm playing with B assigned as my 2nd key

Doesn't work well either..
peppy
I changed B to ctrl-b, too.
Mithos
I was about to suggest this. AS_KL taiko play testing and A+X osu standard playtesting was very difficult with autoplay on the A key.
Stefan
OH U

I have changed my Keys from A/S to S/D because of the Editor and now it's on Tab. ;__;