forum

My Difficulty tab in editor has vanished!! Almost...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KingChastiefol

This picture pretty much speaks for itself, but in the case that you need further explanation, I gotchu.
So basically I was editing a song (Shanghaied by Hudson Mohawke if you were wondering :D) and halfway through editing I decided I wanted to change the size of the hitcircles so I opened up the difficulty tab and I found this! However this didn't startle me in the slightest. I passed this off as "Oh well I guess you can't change circle size midway through, makes sense. It wasn't until I made my next difficulty for that same song that I realized I still couldn't change anything but HP Drain Rate. Now this gave me a "slight spook" as the kids say these days because I have played beatmaps where difficulties change when you change difficulties. I decided I would make papi Einstein proud and sue SCIENCE to try to fix the problem. I conducted my very own ExPeRiMeNt and made a new beatmap using a different song (Renai Circulation Guitar Cover if you were wondering :D) but I still couldn't change anything but HP Drain Rate. Now I had the "Big Scare" as the kids say. I checked Osu for updates, I restarted the game, hecc, I even did the "lit" thing and deleted the level and remade it. Nothing worked. So here I am, trying for the 4th time, and I still get the same difficulty tab. Please help.
Ayayano
Hi! really not sure what happened to the sliders there, sorry for your loss... You can change them in a more roundabout way by clicking File > Open Song Folder > open the .osu file in notepad > scroll to the difficulty settings and change the numbers
Shiyzo
this post might’ve given me cancer but ok.
try reinstalling game or contact devs about it. never seen a bug like this before, one would think a simple game restart would work.
is it the same like this when you open other songs in editor?
other as in; ranked, from other people.
Endaris

Shiyzo wrote:

try reinstalling game.

don't do this

what Arc wrote should satisfy your needs, aside from that, you should ask in the Help forum as this is a technical issue, not something strictly mapping related.
Topic Starter
KingChastiefol

Endaris wrote:

Shiyzo wrote:

try reinstalling game.

don't do this

what Arc wrote should satisfy your needs, aside from that, you should ask in the Help forum as this is a technical issue, not something strictly mapping related.

Thanks! Will do!

[Arc] wrote:

Hi! really not sure what happened to the sliders there, sorry for your loss... You can change them in a more roundabout way by clicking File > Open Song Folder > open the .osu file in notepad > scroll to the difficulty settings and change the numbers

Thank you so much! I will see if this works