forum

How long did it take you to learn how to play 3 star maps ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sponchi
I've been playing for less than a week and I just started doing full 3 star maps. I still haven't completed any but I manage to pass the first part before the pause or get to the middle (Not on all 3 star maps but on most. There are some where I just fail at the start)

What about you ?
Flanster
Back when I played we didn't rate things by stars im old
Juuuuuuuuul

Sponchi wrote:

What about you ?

I've been playing for two years and I just started doing full shit-maps. I still haven't completed all of them but I manage to play the old ones before the modern ones or get to the pp-maps (Not on all shit-maps but on most. There are some where I just puke at the start)

edit :

20/4/2018
So it seems that reaching 3* was not that long.
xenal
The day after I first started I think?

Flanster wrote:

Back when I played we didn't rate things by stars im old

Wouldn't that be a hard dif then?
two old cat
Can't remember exactly, but according to my achievements I cleared a 1, 2 and 3* map on the first day of playing, but didn't FC a 3* map until 2 weeks after. Still never FC'ed a 1* map :(
7ambda
<1 month
ZOOM-
200h playtime
Topic Starter
Sponchi
WTF HOW DO YOU GUYS DO THAT

That's it...I'm loosing motivation in playing
MusicRitman

Sponchi wrote:

Nothing hard. Just no one cared about scores in osu. As well as I. Just played random maps with random stars for fun. Also always played Multiplayer.
MarkyYuyu
Maybe when I'm no longer just focus on the circles but both circles and rhythm. I believe that takes time and this period may vary from one to another.
Endaris

Sponchi wrote:

You're just approaching this in a wrong way.
osu! has a long learning curve and if you can't complete 3* maps that means you should reduce difficulty.
Build up some proficiency through playing easier maps and move up in small steps instead of trying to do things you can't do right from the start.
Molly Sandera

Sponchi wrote:

I've been playing for less than a week and I just started doing full 3 star maps. I still haven't completed any but I manage to pass the first part before the pause or get to the middle (Not on all 3 star maps but on most. There are some where I just fail at the start)

What about you ?

It took me about a month to finally start passing 3* maps. But then again i started to play full alternate a week after i started, and played almost all maps with full alternation ever since, may or may not be the reason it took me this much the reach there. Still trying to fc 3*.
Porckman
It took me 18 months from download to pass a 3*, but I wasn't actively playing for the first year, and got a 3* FC 27 days after that, and got my first 4* pass today, ~5 months after the first 3*.
CatTheory
It took me 17 days to pass my first 3 star. Interestingly enough I FCed a four star before a 3 star. Took me 2 months and 17 days. And then four days later I FCed my first 3 star.
YamichanKawaii
It took me about 3 months to play 3 stars somewhat comfortably, 3 months later and I'm still stuck at the same level
kurrocap
Old thread, but I started this game the beginning of this month (25 hours play time) and I can finally pass 3 star maps with 85-90% accuracy. Hopefully more progress to come!
lets brawl
i started playing osu and I can not do 3* yet i am trying to play with 2 finger so it will take time. I can complete 3* half but not full
DancingRain
Probably around 2 weeks for 3 star then 4-5 weeks to consistently fc
Nano Dano

lets brawl wrote:

i started playing osu and I can not do 3* yet i am trying to play with 2 finger so it will take time. I can complete 3* half but not full
wait up isn't osu! supposed to be played with 2 fingers?
ReiPrea
1 month for me and 2 week after that i managed to fc and I started to fc consistently.
show more