forum

osu! World Cup #3 (Concluded - Korea wins)

posted
Total Posts
show more
GladiOol
map list is bad again, but I didn't expect anything better so I am not disappointed.
hoozimajiget

Aqo wrote:

Do note that the aim in OWC matches is to have maps that most people will be able to FC consistently if they cared enough to practice them, while still being hard to get accuracy on in order to provide for interesting battles between the teams. Alternatively, maps that everybody will FC or not FC similar parts of them, and will lead to fair combo battles.
Your statement applies to every map in existence, if one cares enough to practice a map they will be able to achieve consistent results on it. So why not throw some variation into the map pool as Mr. Color said? Having maps by the same mappers every round doesn't test what a "world cup player" should be capable of because many maps play the exact same if you know the mappers style. An example is maps from OWC #2 have already been recycled for this tournament which doesn't make too much sense when there are so many maps to choose from.

SPOILER
+1 to iidx 8-)
CXu
Needs more TV Saizu
YodaSnipe

CXu wrote:

Needs more TV Saizu
lol'd
Tanzklaue
needs one mappool with only osuplayer-maps.
some diversity in maps would be really nice. there were a lot of nice maps in 2009 and 2010 aswell. don't only pick some mappers and mainly 2011/2012 maps, just because they are newer doesn't necessarily mean that they are better.
Glass

hoozimajiget wrote:

An example is maps from OWC #2 have already been recycled for this tournament which doesn't make too much sense when there are so many maps to choose from.
I only see one owc2 map being re-used? and it's not a bad thing anyway since the owc2 pools were generally better... aside from the high difficulty variance in the first 2 rounds and val maps being overused lolol
Glazbom

GladiOol wrote:

map list is bad again, but I didn't expect anything better so I am not disappointed.
Wishy
It's funny cause I got over 40 maps suggested already and most of them got instantly discarded because obvious reasons (too hard, stupidly easy, etc).

Out of all those I think just 3 or 4 were acceptable, and most are those that were suggested by Jappy. -_-
buny
I don't understand how variety is a factor contributing to the map list quality
JappyBabes

Wishy wrote:

It's funny cause I got over 40 maps suggested already and most of them got instantly discarded because obvious reasons (too hard, stupidly easy, etc).

Out of all those I think just 3 or 4 were acceptable, and most are those that were suggested by Jappy. -_-
I'd say my picks were adequate in terms of difficulty for round one.
fabriciorby
great nice good perfect
Naikaze

fabriciorby wrote:

great nice good perfect
wonders
Players should be good performance at all the kinds of popular maping style. So do not change most of mappers is just a lazy way to keep the difficultly. Hope you can spend more time to research the different mappers, there are many mappers‘ maps can be fit in this match, like DarknessAngel; Star Stream; muya; Kite and so on. At last, thanks for staff's great jobs. :)
Nyquill
Getting 404'd by the schedule link. Someone else confirm?
Cyclohexane
http://puu.sh/1uUD1 here, that should be okay for now
Makar
It's not just you, it happens to me occasionally as well. Using this link works for me (contains authkey). If this also works for you then the OP should probably be updated.
kriers
ALiCE'S EMOTiON - Mami Mami Zone [0108] (val0108)

played this and had a bit too many 100s.

Checked the offset and found it's a little off. Felt perfect at -8ms offset.
silmarilen
thats weird, ive been getting pretty much SS all the time
AmaiHachimitsu
I'm not a pro acc player, but Mami Mami zone felt off a bit as well. Gonna try Kri-chan's Offset and give a feedback.

@Edit: Um, -8 - -6 would do better IMO. It's not accuracy-hard map itself, but you can hear beats are a bit late.

Need some pro examination
Mismagius

helion wrote:

Igorrr - Mastication Numerique (grumd) [Folie] + Hidden
Brazil - 34,200,814
(Norway - 33,634,466)
Italy - 31,093,059
Ukraine - 30,543,300
hidden masterrace
Derekku

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

I'm not a pro acc player, but Mami Mami zone felt off a bit as well. Gonna try Kri-chan's Offset and give a feedback.

@Edit: Um, -8 - -6 would do better IMO. It's not accuracy-hard map itself, but you can hear beats are a bit late.

Need some pro examination
I'll check when I get home from work in a few hours and apply an online offset. I've only played the map a couple of times, but I remember getting a lot of 100s that I wasn't expecting. What's the OD on the map?
Makar
@^ OD8 :v
Kynan
@^ AR9 :v
Aqo
This might be a good chance to re-check like every single map ever ranked because most of them feel like they have wrong offset anyway, especially as you go further back in the past.
GladiOol

Aqo wrote:

This might be a good chance to re-check like every single map ever ranked because most of them feel like they have wrong offset anyway, especially as you go further back in the past.
Can't tell if troll or stupid.
Emaal
shangri-la + DT should be there :cccccccccccccccccc
Aqo
Gladi got bad at this compared to some pages ago
GladiOol

Aqo wrote:

Gladi got bad at this compared to some pages ago
atleast i didn't fail from the start 8-)
lolcubes
Usually if offset difference is under 10ms, it doesn't really need online offset applying.
Most of these maps are OD7 already ;_;.

We will investigate the timing though.
pielak213
Thank you for changing the format of the map pool fartownnik. It really helps me.
ztrot
there is a match in less than 24 hours at this point the map pool should stay as is if offset changes need to be applied do it via online offset.
Derekku
Applied an online offset of -10 to Mami Mami Zone.
And an online offset of +10 to both Kyun Kyun and lixAxil because they were definitely too early. Another BAT asked me to check these so that there would be some confirmation.

If there are any other complaints, please let us know!
Fabi
Very nice choice for the tie-break, its perfect!
KRZY
I've got to say I really didn't like the entire mappool. I have no idea why, but the maps just annoyed the shit out of me. There were some technically bad maps (sumidagawa being AR8 when it should have been AR9, etc.), but I'm probably giving it more stick than it deserves. I just don't know why.
Aqo

KRZY wrote:

(sumidagawa being AR8 when it should have been AR9, etc.)
What's wrong with AR8?
Would you say the same for maps like Chousai? Flower Dance? (had they been played)

People even specifically asked for more challenging AR8 maps and complained about having too much AR9 before. It's impossible to please everybody, sorry if the maps annoyed you and you found nothing in the entire pool that you'd like to pick.
neonat
Why does the statistic sheet say Singapore won? Didn't they lose? Can someone clarify to me please :<
Sync

KRZY wrote:

ikr
KRZY

Aqo wrote:

KRZY wrote:

What's wrong with AR8?
Nothing is wrong with AR8. The choice of AR8 on that particular map is controversial. With that BPM and SV, AR9 would have been more suitable to play, not to mention that it even contains a note right after a spinner (which makes it a pain to 300 with AR8).

Also, I'd advise you not to stretch(overinterpret? I'm using a translator here) others' opinions when commenting on them.
buny
Whoever picked these HD maps, I hope you have an excruciating death at an early age.
zozozofun

buny wrote:

Whoever picked these HD maps, I hope you have an excruciating death at an early age.
show more