forum

osu! World Cup #3 (Concluded - Korea wins)

posted
Total Posts
show more
kriers
ALiCE'S EMOTiON - Mami Mami Zone [0108] (val0108)

played this and had a bit too many 100s.

Checked the offset and found it's a little off. Felt perfect at -8ms offset.
silmarilen
thats weird, ive been getting pretty much SS all the time
AmaiHachimitsu
I'm not a pro acc player, but Mami Mami zone felt off a bit as well. Gonna try Kri-chan's Offset and give a feedback.

@Edit: Um, -8 - -6 would do better IMO. It's not accuracy-hard map itself, but you can hear beats are a bit late.

Need some pro examination
Mismagius

helion wrote:

Igorrr - Mastication Numerique (grumd) [Folie] + Hidden
Brazil - 34,200,814
(Norway - 33,634,466)
Italy - 31,093,059
Ukraine - 30,543,300
hidden masterrace
Derekku

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

I'm not a pro acc player, but Mami Mami zone felt off a bit as well. Gonna try Kri-chan's Offset and give a feedback.

@Edit: Um, -8 - -6 would do better IMO. It's not accuracy-hard map itself, but you can hear beats are a bit late.

Need some pro examination
I'll check when I get home from work in a few hours and apply an online offset. I've only played the map a couple of times, but I remember getting a lot of 100s that I wasn't expecting. What's the OD on the map?
Makar
@^ OD8 :v
Kynan
@^ AR9 :v
Aqo
This might be a good chance to re-check like every single map ever ranked because most of them feel like they have wrong offset anyway, especially as you go further back in the past.
GladiOol

Aqo wrote:

This might be a good chance to re-check like every single map ever ranked because most of them feel like they have wrong offset anyway, especially as you go further back in the past.
Can't tell if troll or stupid.
Emaal
shangri-la + DT should be there :cccccccccccccccccc
Aqo
Gladi got bad at this compared to some pages ago
GladiOol

Aqo wrote:

Gladi got bad at this compared to some pages ago
atleast i didn't fail from the start 8-)
lolcubes
Usually if offset difference is under 10ms, it doesn't really need online offset applying.
Most of these maps are OD7 already ;_;.

We will investigate the timing though.
pielak213
Thank you for changing the format of the map pool fartownnik. It really helps me.
ztrot
there is a match in less than 24 hours at this point the map pool should stay as is if offset changes need to be applied do it via online offset.
Derekku
Applied an online offset of -10 to Mami Mami Zone.
And an online offset of +10 to both Kyun Kyun and lixAxil because they were definitely too early. Another BAT asked me to check these so that there would be some confirmation.

If there are any other complaints, please let us know!
Fabi
Very nice choice for the tie-break, its perfect!
KRZY
I've got to say I really didn't like the entire mappool. I have no idea why, but the maps just annoyed the shit out of me. There were some technically bad maps (sumidagawa being AR8 when it should have been AR9, etc.), but I'm probably giving it more stick than it deserves. I just don't know why.
Aqo

KRZY wrote:

(sumidagawa being AR8 when it should have been AR9, etc.)
What's wrong with AR8?
Would you say the same for maps like Chousai? Flower Dance? (had they been played)

People even specifically asked for more challenging AR8 maps and complained about having too much AR9 before. It's impossible to please everybody, sorry if the maps annoyed you and you found nothing in the entire pool that you'd like to pick.
neonat
Why does the statistic sheet say Singapore won? Didn't they lose? Can someone clarify to me please :<
Sync

KRZY wrote:

ikr
KRZY

Aqo wrote:

KRZY wrote:

What's wrong with AR8?
Nothing is wrong with AR8. The choice of AR8 on that particular map is controversial. With that BPM and SV, AR9 would have been more suitable to play, not to mention that it even contains a note right after a spinner (which makes it a pain to 300 with AR8).

Also, I'd advise you not to stretch(overinterpret? I'm using a translator here) others' opinions when commenting on them.
buny
Whoever picked these HD maps, I hope you have an excruciating death at an early age.
zozozofun

buny wrote:

Whoever picked these HD maps, I hope you have an excruciating death at an early age.
Aqo

KRZY wrote:

Also, I'd advise you not to stretch(overinterpret? I'm using a translator here) others' opinions when commenting on them.
Don't worry :p I respect your opinion a lot and if you knew me better you'd know I also prefer higher ARs over low ones in cases like this. I just want to hear exactly what players think on this topic as it would help for future picks to be more suitable for all players' preferences.

Don't think of it as interpreting, more like polling to collect information for the near future.

also surprised @ you using a translator, since your English is very good
Pizzicato

is this some kind of a sick joke? i think there's been a mistake...
Topic Starter
Loctav
someone fixed it. Don't ask me, but I have serious issues that I was like always mistaking Philippines with Singapore. It's like "weeee, flags I don't know", lol.
Well, everything should be right now XD
silmarilen

zozozofun wrote:

buny wrote:

Wishy
Why so much hate@HD. :c
silmarilen
well, lixaxil is just a bit annoying because of hidden notes, but the 2nd map is almost impossible to read with skin and sb, and on top of that it also has hidden notes and some other stuff thats exeptionally harder on hd than on nomod
JappyBabes

Wishy wrote:

Why so much hate@HD. :c
cuz dey cant reed :P
Aqo

silmarilen wrote:

well, lixaxil is just a bit annoying because of hidden notes, but the 2nd map is almost impossible to read with skin and sb, and on top of that it also has hidden notes and some other stuff thats exeptionally harder on hd than on nomod
fun spoiler is allowed in this tourney, so SB/skin should not pose any problem. you have the maplist available a week ahead of time to practice (i.e. learn any hidden spots if you had trouble with any). what's the problem.
GladiOol

Aqo wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

fun spoiler is allowed in this tourney, so SB/skin should not pose any problem. you have the maplist available a week ahead of time to practice (i.e. learn any hidden spots if you had trouble with any). what's the problem.
we play today.

and I liked the skin, but I'm forced to delete it because of the hidden mod ruining the entire map.
Fabi

silmarilen wrote:

>Hidden mod
>Complain about hidden notes

EDIT: OKEY, I shouldn't have said this, it seems a little agressive and I feel like a douchebag now, sorry silmarilen ;__;.
GladiOol
Memorizing maps just so you can FC it should never be part of a tournament, Fabi.
Having to play thinking: ''ok, now this hidden notes comes up, then up next this one, up next those 3....''

I think it's pretty obvious why.
Fabi
Well, you should, since this tournament allow hidden mod to be played and having hidden notes its relevant for it purpose.
Kanye West

GladiOol wrote:

Memorizing maps just so you can FC it should never be part of a tournament, Fabi.
Having to play thinking: ''ok, now this hidden notes comes up, then up next this one, up next those 3....''

I think it's pretty obvious why.
Then why? if you don't mind me asking.

I thought you were given the map pool ahead of time for the sole purpose of knowing the layouts of the maps.
GladiOol
I want to play maps without having to think ''OH GOD, THESE HIDDEN PARTS, I HOPE I CAN REMEMBER THEM ALL AND NOTE BE SCREWED OVER BIG TIME IN THE ASS BECAUSE I FORGET A PATTERN.''

Remembering shouldn't be part of a rhythm tournament.
Remembering the rhythm, sure. Remembering the map, no.

Our sense of rhythm should be challenged, not our memory.
AmaiHachimitsu

Also, where is logic when you put 1stplayhiddenSS maps in the HD maps' box? There must be a reason behind HD maps. Anyway it's all about memorizing few completely hidden circles. Believe me you all have enough time. It shouldn't take more than 3 plays to SH.

I found your complaint damn unreasonable.

and thanks Derekku for checking the maps. Even if 10ms does change the timing only a little bit, that little bit sometimes can alter the result of a match. I wouldn't like to see a map which is won by team x cuz their timing was a little off compared to team y.

I don't like HD or FL inside the tournament. But if it's unevitable, I think there's no reason to put maps which are easily read with either hidden or nomod to a HD package. One path. You go through this one or don't go at all.
GladiOol
HD should be about accuracy. About knowing when to click etc. just by hearing the song and seeing the map without the approach circle.
Hidden shouldn't be about memorizing, we got flashlight for that.

And I'll say it again: our sense of rhythm should be challenged, not our memorizing skills.
show more