forum

osu!stream Discussion

posted
Total Posts
show more
Cyclohexane
I S'd a few Stream maps and A'd some Experts, really really nice app.

However, don't you think osu!stream is easier to play on iPad than iPod? I play on iPod Touch 2G and sometimes cluttered notes are tricky!
Hello_old
it is 10% battery drained in 30 minutes.Sure the graphic is really really cool.but don't u think the consumption is too much for a rhythm game?And I'm anxious about the heat,Would my ipad exploded after 2~3 hours gaming?...XD
NoHitter
Just wondering.
Isn't the port to Android of this being considered?
Gabi
IIRC android osu!stream is also in progress, you'll just have to wait a little longer.
peppy

X wrote:

it is 10% battery drained in 30 minutes.Sure the graphic is really really cool.but don't u think the consumption is too much for a rhythm game?And I'm anxious about the heat,Would my ipad exploded after 2~3 hours gaming?...XD
hmm, i'll test other games, but i think that is quite standard? that's 5 hours of gameplay :o.
KanbeKotori
Oh it's so hard to get a high acc. Many 100 on sliders. I think if we can lower the OD of maps ?
Cyclohexane
KanbeKotori, the OD is going to get lowered on the next build.

I'm thankful for that because it makes Expert maps really really hard to S.
D33d
I am seriously looking forward to getting this for Android. I still haven't bothered to buy a new phone, as I can never make my mind up on which to buy. However, I might end up being swayed into a device with a 4"+ screen. I've been wanting the Desire Z since it'd came out, but would any of you say that that might be too small?
Jalatiphra
GOOOOD I CANT STOP PLAYING

WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO PEPPY :)

awesome :)
Parsley
This app will makes it clear what tablet to buy. Would never get an iPad and the Playbook will never be able to top this. Go Android!
Guy-kun
So... Still waiting for my solid gold maps.
MMzz
When does android get it.
MarKKaM
New slider system is too hard. So, i usually get 100 or 50 points. Peppy, maybe it's better to make sliders like in PC version of osu (i mean, it will be not important, how far the approachcircle is from slidercircle when u press it, the most important thing - to bring the slider to the end)
Hope, you'll understand me ^_^
mm201

MMzz wrote:

When does android get it.
When it's done.

MarKKaM777 wrote:

New slider system is too hard. So, i usually get 100 or 50 points. Peppy, maybe it's better to make sliders like in PC version of osu (i mean, it will be not important, how far the approachcircle is from slidercircle when u press it, the most important thing - to bring the slider to the end)
Hope, you'll understand me ^_^
Slider scoring is also being made more generous. In the next version, you should always get at least an 100 unless you break your combo on the slider. Getting a 300 on the slider requires hitting the head with perfect accuracy. This isn't authentic, but it's the way peppy wants it to be. (TBH, sliders were a little too easy in Ouendan, so I can support this change.)

Since the "perfect accuracy" requirement for slider heads is the same as hitting a 300 on a hitcircle, and this is being reduced, sliders will become a little easier still.

An instantaneous loss of screen contact will cause slider judgement to become much stricter. This is being looked into.
MarKKaM

mm201 wrote:

Slider scoring is also being made more generous. In the next version, you should always get at least an 100 unless you break your combo on the slider. Getting a 300 on the slider requires hitting the head with perfect accuracy. This isn't authentic, but it's the way peppy wants it to be. (TBH, sliders were a little too easy in Ouendan, so I can support this change.)

Since the "perfect accuracy" requirement for slider heads is the same as hitting a 300 on a hitcircle, and this is being reduced, sliders will become a little easier still.

An instantaneous loss of screen contact will cause slider judgement to become much stricter. This is being looked into.
Thanks for the detailed answer. Everything is good now, but i hope it will be perfect! ;)
One more advice : the line, which connects two simultaneously appearing hitcircles should be colored in more vivid colour, for example blue or black, because sometimes it's difficult to see it.
mm201
Black would be much harder to see IMO. I find they look very bright and noticeable right now. As a spacing reader, I notice them right away and can react appropriately.
MarKKaM
Well, so i have to train :P
Lesjuh
Loving it! It requires a little bit more control over my left thumb/hand to fc on expert mode haha but I'm sure I'll get better by time. Well done everyone who's involved!
Roga-don
Right now I'm having a great time trying to A'd expert songs with only one hand :lol:
I hope more song packs to get released soon ! I loooooove this game so much, and I only played it for one day :o
Lilac
Played it first on my dad's iPhone today and almost missed the bus while doing so! It was pretty cool.

Played it better when I got home today on my brother's iTouch (Since I've only got a Classic.) and I've just managed to unlock all 4 Insane modes. It took us a while to figure out that you had to download the other 2 maps in-app. I look forward to more stuff and even spending money to buy some maps.
Chuggles
Playing this at 3 in the morning, really addictive and will be showing it to all of my mates when I see them next

It's going to mean more people on the PC version as well, which I can only see as a good thing.
GladiOol
I really wonder, who mapped which map in this game?
I'm going for James at Amane - Being Proof, but I can't figure out the rest xD
peppy

GladiOol wrote:

I really wonder, who mapped which map in this game?
I'm going for James at Amane - Being Proof, but I can't figure out the rest xD
Maybe we can have a competition at matching these up ;).
Roga-don
Then I'll not participate, Sushi already told me for his maps :(
Quaraezha
The Song Select Screen doesn't show the mappers?
xsrsbsns
Nicely done, hold notes and same-time-notes are fun!
Needs more training for left hand play and sliders :(

Quaraezha wrote:

The version I played doesn't, but a screenshot for the iPad's on the appstore site shows mapper names.
http://a2.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/116/Pur ... 480-75.jpg
Lesjuh

Quaraezha wrote:

Everyone who has never heard of osu! will be like 'What does sushi have to do with this?' or 'What is a lybydose?'.
GladiOol
Aww yeah I was right about James \:D/

I really love the maps in this game so far~ I really hope new ones (free? <3) will come out soon
peppy

xsrsbsns wrote:

The version I played doesn't, but a screenshot for the iPad's on the appstore site shows mapper names.
http://a2.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/116/Pur ... 480-75.jpg
oSHI! competition's off guys ><
Mara
Why nobody near me has iPad or iPhone? I'd like to test this out.
Roga-don

Peppy. Please, Explain me. I know that it's difficult to have an S, BUT IN THS CASE, it's close to be impossible ;_;

Seriously, some maps are really easy to S, some arent. REALLY :o
MarKKaM
It looks like you need to score over900000 points at least on each map to get S grade.
CXu
I need to stop watching osu!stream videos. They make me jealous ;_;
Roga-don

MarKKaM777 wrote:

It looks like you need to score over900000 points at least on each map to get S grade.
Ok, but for this one it's almost impossible. (for instance) An S is really easier to get for March Handyman, and not only because of the map in itself :/
OzzyOzrock
NEEDS MORE STRUCTURE MAPPERS I CAN'T PLAY THIS GAME UNLESS I SEE SOME SLIDER ART ACTION
mm201
Play Septette, or otherwise wait for Love Color, Master Spark and Vision of Misty Rain.
OzzyOzrock
Lol, Septette just has some nice arcs, but I wanna see Krisom or Gonzvlo stuff, or your stuf with the tree and whatnot lol.

But I understand that there's not enough songs to base how they'll all be lol.

EDIT: Oh god how many times did I say 'lol'? lol.
mm201
There are plenty of songs to go around. The problem is time, and that none of the offerings from "structure mappers" are ready.
We will be expanding our mapping team once we get more feedback from the players and figure out the essential qualities of good maps.
Zetta

peppy wrote:

Daru wrote:

So you were able to contact the creators of the songs and obtain rights to use them in osu!stream?
Yes, permission has been obtained.
This worries me.

If you get permission to use their songs and they think "Oh hey I wonder what standard osu is like" and see all of their OTHER songs chilling on osu, what will happen to the game we've come to love and adore like a newborn baby?

I don't want to give him up to a foster home. :(
Randy96
if they care they'd file infringement and we'd lose the songs
show more