forum

Rihanna - Only Girl (In The World)

posted
Total Posts
show more
aRiskOfRain
All decisions are final, no refunds are offered.

Download: Rihanna - Only Girl (In The World) (misja056) [DC's Huge World].osu
Screenagers
starrrr
Armin
[Small World]

00:15:954 (4) - I'd say...since this is an easy and there are big circles...make this shape better.
Something like in this picture: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/94590 same thing here 00:23:573 (3) - 01:32:144 (4) - 01:39:763 (3) -
00:35:478 (1) - Random spinner, this won't help new players to hit correctly the next pattern...consider to replace it with some hitobjects.
01:51:668 (1) - Same thing here
01:12:382 (1) - I'd make this 1/1 shorter, recovery time with the next pattern is too short
02:02:144 (1) - Whoops you missed a finish
02:59:287 (1,1) - Why don't you join them in one big spinner?

[Gonz' Growing World]

Recalculate slider lenghts and then make sure their end is snapped perfectly with beats

Very beautiful patterns, but I have to complain the weird rhythm that you are following, wich doens't make the map enjoyable in my opinion. (Example: 03:18:097 (1,2,3,4) - 03:21:192 (1,2,3,4), etc... ]
Btw...

01:55:478 (3,4,5) - This pattern is ruined because of the stacking of two hitcircles. [http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/95137] Why don't you fix this by moving that two hitcircles in this way?
02:30:478 (1,1) - Recovery time between this spinner and the next hitobject it's too short. [This is supposed to be a Normal diff, isn't it?]
I suggest you to join these two spinners 02:28:811 (1,1) in a another big spinner and then to delete this 02:32:144 (1) -
03:35:478 (1) - Same problem here, it would be great if you reduced this of 1/1 but you're following the vocal voice...up to you

[Big World]

I love how you mapped this, nice rhythm.

As Gonzvlo's sexy diff, recalculate all slider's lenghts.

03:48:335 (1) - silence this?

[DC's Huge World]

01:45:239 (2,3,4) At first these hitobjects didn't represent a problem for me, but during playing...well, they are quite hard to hit, especially considering that (2) is really close to (4) [This means that if you want to hit it correctly you have to point the cursor rigidly]. Same problem here 01:52:859 (2,3,4). If I were you, I'd stack something or remake the pattern more linear.
Gonzvlo
Armin's mod applied:

Download: Rihanna - Only Girl (In The World) (misja056) [Gonz' Growing World].osu

Oh I noticed that the hit-circle is "orange-ish" It should be in greyscale
Krisom
Came across this because gonz mentioned it.

General-
You lack the approach circle and the overlay. Add these.

[DC's huge world]-
I found this diff incredibly hard to read and, therefore, hard to play, specially near the end. You probably won't, but this plays much better with AR 8. Consider this.
Also, HP is like a death sentence with all those tiny breaks on the chorus that lasts 2 beats and a half.
Also, 01:56:906 (3) - Clap here.

I noticed these just while testplaying.
Jako87
star up
aRiskOfRain
Shiro
As per your request.

Please reply to this mod saying what you didn't fix (and what you did) and why. Remember these are all suggestions.
Also, if you have any question, feel free to ask me in-game :)

General
  1. Add "DC" to the tags of all difficulties ?
  2. If you have a custom hitcircle, you need to add custom approach circle and hitcircle overlay as well.
Small World
  1. I don't think using linear sliders is a good idea here. Almost all your sliders are smoothly curved, so sharp shapes contrast in a bad way with them. Also, the song is very smooth as well and linear sliders just don't fit imo.
  2. 00:32:144 (3) - Make it blanket (1) ? Right now it kind of overlaps it and it looks weird.
  3. 00:45:954 (1) - I don't get why there is a note here. It would have been simpler to just make the spinner end here...
  4. 01:10:239 (1,2,3) - That's nazi of me, but make them symmetrical (which implies (2) should be centered on the vertical axis) ?
  5. 01:42:620 (2) - Is this sliderwhislte a mistake ?
  6. 01:48:335 (3) - Make this blanket (2) ?
  7. 02:02:144 (1) - Here again, it would be simpler to extend the spinner until here and delete this note ?
  8. 02:51:192 (1,2,3,4,5) - Link (2,3) and (4,5) together using sliders (iit would make sense to the song: they're the same note) ?
  9. 03:35:478 (1) - The repeat sounds weird... It matches nothing in the song (that I could hear).
Gonz' Growing World
  1. The difficulty settings are rather high for a Normal imo.
  2. 01:02:382 (2,2,2,6) - I wouldn't recommend stacking notes under sliderends because it generally looks bad due to stacking (the stack becomes a huge ugly overlap) and the rhythm is unclear.
  3. 01:55:478 (3,4) - Although you did pay attention to the stacking effect, I think it's better to just unstack them. You won't have to cheat on the position to get good blankets, and it will look a lot better and be less confusing =p
  4. 02:21:668 (10) - I tihnk such weirdly shaped sliders are confusing for a Normal. They're shorter than what they should and it makes the timing after them rather confusing.
  5. 02:26:192 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Just for consistency, I'd like this to be evenly spaced. :/
  6. 03:16:192 (6,1) - That's way too confusing for a Normal... The spacing looks exactly the same as 1/2 before, but it's 1/1. I understand why you did that, but I really think it's too confusing... The new combo wouldn't help imo: few new players automatically thinks new comboes reset spacing and would judge the timing according to the spacing.
  7. 03:21:192 (1,2) - This stack moves (2) away, breaking its central symmetry, and consequently the symmetry of the whole pattern (since the rest would appear "too much on the left")
Big World
  1. SS'd first try ! \o/
  2. Raise the OD by 1 ? It doesn't feel right to have the same OD for Normal and Hard.
  3. 02:32:620 (1) - This slider's repeat is hidden by the hitburst from the spinner.
DC's huge world
  1. Huge spacing D: anyway, the diff is fine
Gonzvlo

Odaril wrote:

Gonz' Growing World
  1. The difficulty settings are rather high for a Normal imo. I use that setup for most of my normals and nobody complained about that until now. Also, anything less wouldn't fit the diff imo
  2. 01:02:382 (2,2,2,6) - I wouldn't recommend stacking notes under sliderends because it generally looks bad due to stacking (the stack becomes a huge ugly overlap) and the rhythm is unclear. Since the same pattern is repeated 3 times and the next objects are 1/1 apart, I think it's not really necessary to unstack the object.
  3. 01:55:478 (3,4) - Although you did pay attention to the stacking effect, I think it's better to just unstack them. You won't have to cheat on the position to get good blankets, and it will look a lot better and be less confusing =p I'm not cheating ;_; Well, unstacked.
  4. 02:21:668 (10) - I tihnk such weirdly shaped sliders are confusing for a Normal. They're shorter than what they should and it makes the timing after them rather confusing. I think it's clearly visible that the slider has something in the middle, this technique is not new so I don't think it would be confusing. I will change it if somebody else agrees with you tho.
    Also, I've tried to make this diff using consistent spacing all the time so I'm pretty sure that the next object will be readable.
  5. 02:26:192 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Just for consistency, I'd like this to be evenly spaced. :/ As you wish \o/
  6. 03:16:192 (6,1) - That's way too confusing for a Normal... The spacing looks exactly the same as 1/2 before, but it's 1/1. I understand why you did that, but I really think it's too confusing... The new combo wouldn't help imo: few new players automatically thinks new comboes reset spacing and would judge the timing according to the spacing. Oops, this is a mistake. I think that slider was supposed to be placed 1/2 before. However, I re-arranged the pattern.
  7. 03:21:192 (1,2) - This stack moves (2) away, breaking its central symmetry, and consequently the symmetry of the whole pattern (since the rest would appear "too much on the left") You're right, unstacked.
Thanks Odaril o/

Download: Rihanna - Only Girl (In The World) (misja056) [Gonz' Growing World].osu
Katsuri
General

Your kiai Times are not consistent, because you start them 1/4 beat before the kiai note, please make it consistent.

How your Kiai is now:

How your Kiai have to be:

And the same thing for all kiai ends.
Make the kiai times consistent for all diffs.
Love this song.

1st Diff

01:27:501 (1) - Start this spinner at 01:27:620 and finish it at 01:30:239 with mute sound could be nice.
03:35:239 (1) - NICE but doesn't fit with this part because the end point Is out of any drum beat or vocals.
03:39:287 (1) - Why this red point?
03:47:382 (1) - This time the spinner have to star 1/4 beat later of the note.

2nd diff

01:51:668 (2) - Simmetry gonz?

3rd diff

Nothing to point but disliked this diff.

4th diff

iNiS <3~
Topic Starter
Misja

Katsuri wrote:

General

Your kiai Times are not consistent, because you start them 1/4 beat before the kiai note, please make it consistent.

How your Kiai is now:

How your Kiai have to be:

And the same thing for all kiai ends.
Make the kiai times consistent for all diffs.
Love this song. - Only for easy :3

1st Diff

01:27:501 (1) - Start this spinner at 01:27:620 and finish it at 01:30:239 with mute sound could be nice. I have it this way.
03:35:239 (1) - NICE but doesn't fit with this part because the end point Is out of any drum beat or vocals.mm.. you'll see
03:39:287 (1) - Why this red point?Fuck it! nazi! ;p
03:47:382 (1) - This time the spinner have to star 1/4 beat later of the note. Nope Because of the 200000.

2nd diff

01:51:668 (2) - Simmetry gonz?

3rd diff

Nothing to point but disliked this diff.

4th diff

iNiS <3~
RandomJibberish
DC
As much as I love these star patterns, they totally aren't perfect. You lazy arse.
Did you forget the green lines on the first bit of the second chorus or something?
01:18:097 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - This pattern is in the map four times, but it's always on the right. Flip the second chorus horizonally or something?
02:17:382 (1) - wtf is this

still smexy though DC ilu

Gonz
00:41:906 (1) - spinner ends in a kinda weird place - I'd put it on the next white tick or the white tick after
01:58:097 (1) - ^

Easy
03:16:430 (1) - End 1/1 later?
03:31:668 (1) - ^
Gonzvlo
RandomJibberish
*poof*
sinlover
Katsuri
Only Bubble (In the World)

Finally o/
I have to type more to post hahahahahahahahaha
jericho2442
Small World
02:32:620 ............dude you forgot to hitsound this whooole section, feels totally odd and its hitsounded in every other diff xD. hitsound it dude ;)
RandomJibberish
well that obviously never happened

messagetooshortmessagetooshortmessagetooshort
Huskatron
YAY FOR 123rd POST! WAHOO! ~star~ Great map anyways. I <3 osu! Riahnna is a great singer.
jericho2442
well all looks great and hawt now, nice maps sooo enjoy your Heart o/
narakucrimson
Congratulations, misja! :D
Topic Starter
Misja
thx <#
Gonzvlo
Congrats Misja, just in time!

Enjoy your holidays?
Salvage
Dang , i was playing osu on a friend's house showing her the game and i accidentally submited the 3# score on the hardest dif .. it's not a multi acc .. if it does bother to have that score on a low playcount account just delete it .. i'm sorry D:

Gratz on the rank btw , awesome map.
Nilsso
Something wrong with this map...