forum

[Archived] Tablet/Pen not reaching bottom of Osu! screen

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Custord
Hey!

Received my first tablet today and have managed to mostly get it working correctly, other than one issue. The pen works completely fine when on my desktop, however refuses to reach the bottom of my osu screen (like hitting a wall, see images for settings).

Another thing to note that may be of use, when tabbing into osu, my cursor seems slightly higher than what it is on my desktop, this distance decreases as I go further towards the top of my screen where this distance becomes zero.

Any ideas? I've tried looking for old threads but couldn't find anything to help, maybe there's something I'm missing. Happy to provide any osu settings etc:)

Edit: Where the cursor gets stuck, when tabbing back, the cursor is at the base of my desktop (in reference to the distance I mentioned)

https://imgur.com/a/q6UdgLH

Edit 2 (FIX): Changing the screen area option to 'portion', clicking to define upper left and lower right (mapping the monitor) and finally readjusting it to include all the upper/lower parts of the screen. Issue was monitors aligned oddly in display settings, but didn't want this changed.

osu! version: Stable 20210520.2 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Make sure your sensitivity is not below 1x ingame.
Topic Starter
Custord

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Make sure your sensitivity is not below 1x ingame.
My sensitivity is set to exactly 1x, although I've found setting it to 1.3x has let me reach the everywhere. It works so I guess it's a fix? Only worry is that I've heard changing the value to anything other than 1 is something that shouldn't be done on tablet?
Dntm8kmeeatu
The only thing I can guess is that in your screenshot, your screens look slightly misaligned. Maybe if you line them up in Windows properly it will work? Could be a weird bug with the tablet drivers.
You could also try setting the area for everything instead of osu! specifically.
Topic Starter
Custord

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

The only thing I can guess is that in your screenshot, your screens look slightly misaligned. Maybe if you line them up in Windows properly it will work? Could be a weird bug with the tablet drivers.
You could also try setting the area for everything instead of osu! specifically.
Yes! Good spot actually, I have them lined up like that is the second monitor as actually just an old TV, 1366x768 but I have it set to 1080p so wallpaper engine stuff lines up etc. The reason it's set lower (than the other screen in windows settings) is to get the mouse switching screens as smooth/accurate as possible without jumping up/down. Turning off the monitor fixed the issue and it worked perfectly on 1x sens. I'll have a play round with it and see what I can get to work, thank you very much!
Wathead

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

this helped for me as well thanks