forum

[Archived] Not gaining PP for some reason

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Deum0s
in the last few days set set a few plays that should've gained me pp but i didnt recieve any, not sure why?

The maps are showing up in my top plays list thingie on my profile and i've checked to make sure its not weighted or anything like that. the maps are not loved or unranked either. tried to see if anyone else here has had a similar problem but didnt find anything.

if any one has any idea why this is i'd really apreaciate the help.

Edit: i set a new top play but did not get any pp wth

osu! version: Stable 20240123 (latest)
ThatTechGuy2008

Deum0s wrote:

in the last few days I set a few plays that should've gained me pp but I didnt recieve any, not sure why?

The maps are showing up in my top list thingie on my profile and I've checked to make sure it's not weighted or anything like that. the maps are not loved or unranked either. I tried to see if anyone else here had a similar problem but found nothing.

if anyone has any idea why this is I'd appreciate the help.

Edit: I set a new top play but did not get any PP

osu! version: Stable 20240123 (latest)
If that is occurring you may need to go to your top plays tab on your profile, go to the bottom of top plays, then you might see that it is still pending your score. (it happened to me once and is still pending)
Topic Starter
Deum0s
Thought that might be the case aswell but looking it doesnt say that its pending or anything, and if it was pending why would it take almost 3 weeks to load them? when i did the original post i realised that bancho was being slow since my profile updated but in-game it didnt, seems to be fine now though but now its alot harder to get pp, not entirely sure if its just this way the weighting system works (doesnt really say in the wiki) for example if i set a 80pp play it gets weighted down to around 40 pp, am i supposed to receive 40pp or how does this work, because if thats the case then im getting a lower amount of pp than i should (set a 73pp play 1 day after my post, 32 weighted and i only got 3 pp from it)
[clouds]
pp is weighted so you can’t just play 100 beatmaps that each give 10 pp, and then have 1,000 total pp.

this is just the way the weighted system works. the weighted pp is the amount that you receive in your total pp. read more about the weighting system in this wiki page.
Topic Starter
Deum0s
yeah i get that but in my example earlier if my 80pp play gets weighted 50% to 40pp, am i then getting that 40 pp or is there some other pp calculation im missing out, cus the way you´re explaining it comfirms that im ideed getting less pp or no pp at all. example i today set 2 75pp plays that got weighted to around 34pp each, i instead only got 2-3pp total instead of the combined 60+ pp i should,ve gained. you see? in my opinion it doesnt really make any sense? does it have something to do with bonus pp?
[clouds]

VeilStar wrote:

Because everything below that new top play is now weighted less than it was before.
Meaning that you gained X pp from your new score and lost Y pp from the scores below it now being weighted less.

For example, if you could only have 5 top ranks total, and already had these 5:
100 pp (weighted 100% to 100pp)
90 pp (weighted 80% to 72pp)
80 pp (weighted 60% to 48pp)
70 pp (weighted 40% to 28pp)
60 pp (weighted 20% to 12pp)
Total pp = 260

And then gained a 85pp score it would become this:
100 pp (weighted 100% to 100pp)
90 pp (weighted 80% to 72pp)
85 pp (weighted 60% to 51pp)
80 pp (weighted 40% to 32pp)
70 pp (weighted 20% to 14pp)
Total pp = 269

So even though your new score was 85pp, or 51pp weighted, you only gained 9 pp, as the 60pp score is now gone and the 80pp and 70pp score are now worth less. I just made these numbers up, but the concept is still the same.
quoted from this forum post since they already explained it, probably better than i could’ve. :D
Topic Starter
Deum0s
right, ok i see now thanks for that explanation i guess that makes sense. though im still a little puzzled as to why 2 of my plays (a 80 and a 95pp) didnt give me any pp. am also kinda puzzled as to prob a lil before the bonus pp change i would get around 4-5pp for a 60 pp play but a few days after (i didnt play during that period) when i set that 80 or 73 pp example i said earlier i would get less or the same amount as the 60pp play. i completely understand your explanation with the pp, but i dont really get how that that weighting process changed so drastically in such a short amount of time with barely anything affecting it. anyway thanks for the explanation.
ThatTechGuy2008
is the map pending, graveyard, or loved? and if so, you can't gain pp from those. (it has to be ranked.)
Topic Starter
Deum0s
yeah i aware of that. the maps were ranked, not loved, not graveyarded and they were not pending. when i set those plays the raw pp gained box thingie when you scrolled down was just grayed out and said nothing. (it did not say "calculating your score, check back later" either)