forum

How do I add sound effects to storyboard?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TraceTheKriken
I'm currently working with "Canned Heat" song (EBA version) and i have storyboarded countdown allready but how do I add sound effects (Are you ready, 3, 2, 1, Go) and for Hard ROCK! I need to use diffrent effects

Also, is it possible to make "hit0" sound effects and combo bursts (and it's sound effect) change depending on the difficulty that is played

example:

-Hit0:
Breezin', Cruisin', Sweatin', -> Beat Agents "ow"
Hard ROCK! - > Beat Divas "ow"

-combo burst
Breezin' -> Agent Spin
Cruisin' -> Agent J
Sweatin' -> Agent Chieftain
Hard ROCK! -> Beat Divas
Torran

Echo wrote:

Storyboarding by Scripting

In the .osu file under [Events] or in the .osb file:
Note: underscores can be replaced with spaces.

Sound effects

Sample,time,layer,"filepath",volume

time: the time in milliseconds to start playing the sound effect

layer:
Background = 0
Fail = 1
Pass = 2
Foreground = 3

filepath: relative path of the sound file (should be in the same directory as the .osu file)
Note: file path must be in double quotes

volume: volume of the sound file. (1-100) Can be left off for 100.

TraceTheKriken wrote:

Also, is it possible to make "hit0" sound effects and combo bursts (and it's sound effect) change depending on the difficulty that is played
Currently, no. It has been requested though but it probably won't be added. Sorry to disappoint you.
Zeugziumy
It's possible to put a sound what isn't hit?
From some Event
Zekira
No, afaik.
FerreTrip
Um, I tried this (just adding a sound to the storyboard), and...nothing plays. It says it has an error. I glanced at Don't Stop Me Now's .osu files but didn't see this kinda stuff in there...How the...?
Starrodkirby86
Could we see your script?

Did you make the filepath in quotation marks? Are the layers numbers?
LuigiHann

FerreTrip wrote:

Um, I tried this (just adding a sound to the storyboard), and...nothing plays. It says it has an error. I glanced at Don't Stop Me Now's .osu files but didn't see this kinda stuff in there...How the...?
Storyboard sound effects (as well as most of the storyboard itself) are in the .osb file. The sound files are kept in a folder called "sfx," so you can do a ctrl-F search for "sfx" to jump to that section of the code to see how it works.

Most of the other things asked about in the first post (per-difficulty sound effects for the hit0 and comboburst) are not skinnable on a per-difficulty basis, nor can they be added through storyboard.