forum

How to know if my map rankable?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
real_BCMC
So i just make map about Digital Circus which a month ago, and i supposedly make the diff name based on Sushi osu! tutorial. However, some people said my map is not rankable yet. Due to diff stuff, and i get suggestions change the diff name to normal diff name. And i was like, fuck it. I change the diff name to normal. And i had to find GD to make this map rankable. And right now, Almost my map is done, just rn looking for another Insane GD. Currently my map on WIP rn. Also my question, is my map rankable now? Also my apologies for make this shitty essay. I know yall not gonna read allat. I just want this map rankable.

BTW here's my map : beatmapsets/2077330#osu/4360758
Blushing
If you map follows the ranking criteria then it is rankable. In it current state it seems to meet the difficulty spread. Though make sure to review the ranking criteria.
Topic Starter
real_BCMC

Blushing wrote:

If you map follows the ranking criteria then it is rankable. In it current state it seems to meet the difficulty spread. Though make sure to review the ranking criteria.
Ok, thanks for the help
powerplayer75

Blushing wrote:

i mean this is technically the truth but just because something fits the criteria doesn't mean it fits the standards of the community. its a bare minimum, not a way to tell if something is actually rankable.
qwt
its not :D
i wont lie to you
Gsun
That is a question you'll have to ask BNs and experienced mappers. I don't know what to do for you there. Sorry.

real_BCMC wrote:

So i just make map about Digital Circus which a month ago, and i supposedly make the diff name based on Sushi osu! tutorial. However, some people said my map is not rankable yet. Due to diff stuff, and i get suggestions change the diff name to normal diff name. And i was like, fuck it. I change the diff name to normal. And i had to find GD to make this map rankable. And right now, Almost my map is done, just rn looking for another Insane GD. Currently my map on WIP rn. Also my question, is my map rankable now? Also my apologies for make this shitty essay. I know yall not gonna read allat. I just want this map rankable.

BTW here's my map : beatmapsets/2077330#osu/4360758
Yoisaki Kanade
Typically, meeting the criteria for a map's ranking involves having at least 2 BNs support it and meeting the osu ranking criteria. However, in practice, BNs often have their own set of standards when nominating maps, making it challenging to provide a definitive checklist for a map to become rankable.

As it stands, your map may face obstacles in achieving a rank due to a few identified issues (focusing on the top difficulty):

- There's some underutilized space on the playfield, noticeable if you select all objects (Ctrl + A).
- There are instances of overcrowding and messy overlaps at points like 00:10:840 (5,3), 00:14:506 (2,2), and 00:16:341 (1,2,4).
- The mapping contains instances of overemphasis on overmapped objects in certain areas, where filler 1/2 circles hold equal or more weight as circles placed to match specific sounds. For example, 00:27:840 (7,8,9) has more spacing than 00:26:673 (4,5), despite the former lacking corresponding sounds, leading to a less accurate representation of the song.

Moreover, a common mistake many new mappers make is becoming fixated on ranking a particular map, often accumulating numerous mods, as seen in examples like beatmapsets/1785371/discussion. However, this eagerness for ranking doesn't always result in substantial improvements, leaving the maps unranked.

I've noticed your active participation in various modding queues seeking feedback for this map. My suggestion, drawing from the experiences of successful mappers, is to consider pausing work on this specific map for now. Instead, channel your efforts into mapping other songs and actively seeking feedback for those projects. Improvement often comes with practice and diverse mapping experiences.

It's common for mappers to spend 1 or 2 years refining their skills before creating maps that meet rankable standards. By broadening your mapping portfolio and continually seeking constructive feedback, you can accelerate your growth as a mapper. Once you've gained more experience and honed your skills, you'll likely find it easier to confidently rank the map you're currently working on.
Topic Starter
real_BCMC

5pointrekt wrote:

Typically, meeting the criteria for a map's ranking involves having at least 2 BNs support it and meeting the osu ranking criteria. However, in practice, BNs often have their own set of standards when nominating maps, making it challenging to provide a definitive checklist for a map to become rankable.

As it stands, your map may face obstacles in achieving a rank due to a few identified issues (focusing on the top difficulty):

- There's some underutilized space on the playfield, noticeable if you select all objects (Ctrl + A).
- There are instances of overcrowding and messy overlaps at points like 00:10:840 (5,3), 00:14:506 (2,2), and 00:16:341 (1,2,4).
- The mapping contains instances of overemphasis on overmapped objects in certain areas, where filler 1/2 circles hold equal or more weight as circles placed to match specific sounds. For example, 00:27:840 (7,8,9) has more spacing than 00:26:673 (4,5), despite the former lacking corresponding sounds, leading to a less accurate representation of the song.

Moreover, a common mistake many new mappers make is becoming fixated on ranking a particular map, often accumulating numerous mods, as seen in examples like beatmapsets/1785371/discussion. However, this eagerness for ranking doesn't always result in substantial improvements, leaving the maps unranked.

I've noticed your active participation in various modding queues seeking feedback for this map. My suggestion, drawing from the experiences of successful mappers, is to consider pausing work on this specific map for now. Instead, channel your efforts into mapping other songs and actively seeking feedback for those projects. Improvement often comes with practice and diverse mapping experiences.

It's common for mappers to spend 1 or 2 years refining their skills before creating maps that meet rankable standards. By broadening your mapping portfolio and continually seeking constructive feedback, you can accelerate your growth as a mapper. Once you've gained more experience and honed your skills, you'll likely find it easier to confidently rank the map you're currently working on.
holy sh- that was a long essay, thanks for the help
[TCD] Dzar03
Having asked this question, I will consider you as a mapper who just attempted for ranked
If your map meet RC requirement like: auto mod can SS it, no two notes at the same timing and meet the RC requirement for metadata, etc then it should be rankable
However, rankable is just the first step, you will have to make your map structure looks well, being consistency in overall and also, be creative. If everything is set, find 2 BNs who like and nom your map.
This should take you months or even years to improve and achive your first ranked map, don't think mapping is easy but also don't give up, good luck.
Rikuka
i wont lie to you [2]
Indomi-chan
i wont lie to you [3]

the ranking criteria is super complicated, however programs like Mapset Verifier can help you, but I still don't 100% guarantee that it's rankable
- Marco -
Mapset Verifier can check if it's technically rankable but it doesn't mean that it can or will be
I AM VERY SMART

- Marco - wrote:

Mapset Verifier can check if it's technically rankable but it doesn't mean that it can or will be
imo mapset verifier is only useful if you forgot some unsnapped objects or if there are some useless hitsounds for example

it doesn't determine the rankability at all
mqwilliamscom
So while yes the verifier helps you meet bare minimum it won't help you get to ranked. This is something that I wish was made more clear but ranked beatmaps usually have three things going for them

1.) Good rhythm sense
2.) Good cursor movement/flow.
3.) Good visuals

When you're newer you do have to go above the call of duty in order to get noticed, as there aren't really that many BNs open at any given time, and even then they have their unique specifications.

For now just map for the fun of it and try not to get bogged down with ranking it. And if a mapping mentorship spot opens up by all means apply for it.
I AM VERY SMART
if a BN says that your map is good, then irs probably true
Topic Starter
real_BCMC

Anaxii wrote:

yeah probably. some people said it's not enough rank
I AM VERY SMART

real_BCMC wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

yeah probably. some people said it's not enough rank