forum

[resolved] How to turn off ScoreV2 from automatically turning on?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ninaruru
I'm trying to play the Marathon for this mapset: beatmapsets/753730#osu/1691090 but every time I try and play it it automatically turns on ScoreV2 which I hate.

Why does ScoreV2 keep turning on automatically when I try to play this particular difficulty. Is it because it's too long?

Is there a way to disable ScoreV2 altogether? I find it redundant and frankly annoying when you're forced to play the new scoring system without any way to turn them off.
Dntm8kmeeatu
That maps score goes over the 32bit integer limit, so scoreV2 is forced for everyone.
Topic Starter
ninaruru

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

That maps score goes over the 32bit integer limit, so scoreV2 is forced for everyone.
Thanks! That's what I was thinking too. Still sucks that you're not given the option to play with ScoreV1 since I don't see any issues with it since it was never a problem before.
Dntm8kmeeatu
It was a problem. Score would overflow and go backwards. Scorev2 exists and works. Might as well use it in these scenarios.
Topic Starter
ninaruru

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

It was a problem. Score would overflow and go backwards. Scorev2 exists and works. Might as well use it in these scenarios.
Oh I did not know that. I thought it just went over. Well good to know at least.

I still don't think forcing it was a good idea. Since they're unranked anyways I don't see an issue giving the player both options since ScoreV2 plays relatively different than ScoreV1. (Or at least to me)
MiniMinusMan
but then how come some maps that even if you play on the same mods as other people (ez, nf), they get score v1 plays but I cant use score v1???