forum

6K help

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Wrathdream
I haven't played mania for long, mostly just long enough to get a good feel of 4K (i can fc most 1* 4k maps), and was thinking of trying out 6K. I was (as expected) terrible at 6K and still kind of am after a few hours.

Most of my lack of 6k skill comes from reading the notes, usually pressing the next key over to the one I actually need to press or just straight up forgetting the other 2 keys in 6K exist.

Are there any tools, practice maps or anything to improve my reading for 6K? Thanks in advance :)
Hoshimegu Mio
Play 7K instead.
Topic Starter
Wrathdream

YyottaCat wrote:

Play 7K instead.
i would play 7k instead but the extra key doesn't feel right, 6k is symmetrical while 7k is... not
bagjettka
plaaayy moore
Topic Starter
Wrathdream

bagjettka wrote:

plaaayy moore
i can guarantee this works i jsut got used to playing a little bit heh

reading is still meh but i can actually hit key 2 and key 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also while im here does 6k have an actual playerbase or does everyone jsut play 7k instead
tastydumpl1ng
A 6k resource compilation was just posted a few days ago here: t/1815288, hopefully you can find some ideas to help you get started.

I personally recommend trying the Loved o!m Starter Packs by Arkman if that is an approachable difficulty, or the Beginner Packs by Sillyp/Phukiir, or the recent Newcomer Packs by _IceRain to get started on a more manageable difficulty.

6k is not as intuitive as 4k for newcomers, so it takes a bit longer to get used to the patterns, so take your time learning and hope you enjoy the game!

There is a 6k playerbase, albeit smaller than 7k - most of the playerbase is Chinese or Korean, but there are players from around the world too. The 6k discord is also linked in the resources - hope this helps :>
Hoshimegu Mio

Wrathdream wrote:

YyottaCat wrote:

Play 7K instead.
i would play 7k instead but the extra key doesn't feel right, 6k is symmetrical while 7k is... not
7K patterns are way more symmetrical and aesthetically appealing than 6k imo.
UltraBlack
Just play anything, if all you played was 1* 4k you pretty much a begginer at everything. 6k has less maps in the server so you could try 7k instead or even other games
Kasen-
from my experience if you can play 7K then there's a big chance that you can play 6K and 5K automatically without learning it first so i recommend to try 7K instead (same if you can play 8K or even 9K first the result will be the same). But if you insist there's a post recently about 6K map pack in this osu!mania forum, so check it out > https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/1815288?n=1